Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 10: New Friends  (Read 37729 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 2: Pub
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2014, 04:01:18 am »

((I just remembered and I'm posting before I forget. Didn't the Syndicate get Level 1 Fire Fighting as a gang skill in the first Syndicate?))

That's for the UK Gang, the Albuquerque thugs will have to be taught Fire Fighting.
Technically, a majority of the Albuqueurqueueue gang is made of UK gangsters and there are no thugs in the gang yet either. The UKers could just pass along the information to future gang members, which would make sense since all gang skills would get diluted for every new member that joins ("sure the old members new how to [GANG SKILL] from experience, but this new blood doesn't know shit. Let's show them the ropes.") Presumably how the UK gang back in Syndicate 1 kept the Firefighting skill even after a bunch of new members joined who weren't around for the firefighting seminar or whatever.
The options I see here are Realism, Freshness, Continuity.
Realism: The gang remembers their firefighting experience/training from their time in the UK, but new members won't and unless they themselves are trained the firefighting gang skills (and by extension any future gang skills) will be lost unless the new members are trained.
Freshness: Everything except some of the Kings are new, including Gang Skills.
Continuity: Like Realism but without the realism; the gang keeps the Gang Skills they learned from the UK.

Final decision is yours of course. I just make suggestions. We could maybe have a vote...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:03:12 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2014, 10:53:23 am »

((I just remembered and I'm posting before I forget. Didn't the Syndicate get Level 1 Fire Fighting as a gang skill in the first Syndicate?))

That's for the UK Gang, the Albuquerque thugs will have to be taught Fire Fighting.
Technically, a majority of the Albuqueurqueueue gang is made of UK gangsters and there are no thugs in the gang yet either. The UKers could just pass along the information to future gang members, which would make sense since all gang skills would get diluted for every new member that joins ("sure the old members new how to [GANG SKILL] from experience, but this new blood doesn't know shit. Let's show them the ropes.") Presumably how the UK gang back in Syndicate 1 kept the Firefighting skill even after a bunch of new members joined who weren't around for the firefighting seminar or whatever.
Realism: The gang remembers their firefighting experience/training from their time in the UK, but new members won't and unless they themselves are trained the firefighting gang skills (and by extension any future gang skills) will be lost unless the new members are trained.
Continuity: Like Realism but without the realism; the gang keeps the Gang Skills they learned from the UK.

Final decision is yours of course. I just make suggestions. We could maybe have a vote...

Truth is it's been so long since there's been a fire-based incident at a Base (surprisingly) that the Skill has been forgotten by the Syndicate really. Skills don't usually decay, but it's been years since it was last in use.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2014, 06:23:18 pm »

Truth is it's been so long since there's been a fire-based incident at a Base (surprisingly) that the Skill has been forgotten by the Syndicate really. Skills don't usually decay, but it's been years since it was last in use.
This is acceptable. Can't wait to read the next turn!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 07, 2014, 06:43:57 pm »

This is acceptable. Can't wait to read the next turn!

Thank you for your acceptance and patience. Out of all my games, this one takes longest to update. This is the second most realistic out of all of them, so I do quite a bit of online research about things I'm not sure of. I try to keep my Post-Apocalypse game the most realistic, but since it takes place in a fictional setting I can make up a lot as I go. For this game, I've looked up a lot about things such as Albuquerque Geography and Demographics, Stocks, Business, Alcohol Licenses and more.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 4: Meeting the Locals
« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2014, 09:38:03 pm »

Chapter 4: Meeting the Locals

Peruse dealership listings, and look for cheap construction supply/home improvement stores nearby. Take an inventory of how much paint would be needed to get a new coat on the bar, what we need to do to fix the bar itself, and how much it would take to get a business/liquor license. If I find any spare time in all of that, practice my knife work a bit. I'm a bit rusty.

Dave looks at the listings of the nearby Car Dealership and they are indeed reasonable prices in the low to mid-thousands range for a variety of Sedans, SUVS and Pick-up Trucks. Also, a few blocks away from the Pub is a local Hardware store, Zwelli's Hardware. The Pub looks like it would need a couple hundred bucks to be spent just on paint to make sure everything could look fresh, and that's just the exterior. Inside, the bar doesn't need repairing, so much as it could use an upgrade; it would be a nice bar to eat at if it was still the 1930's. As it turns out with a quick search, getting a business license here would be a few hundred dollars, which is quite reasonable, while the price of a liquor license is absolutely insane. The cheapest Dave can find goes for $350,000.

All this business leaves Dave no time to play around with his knives. Perhaps he should get one of his homies to deal with this time of thing so he can get some personal stabby-time.

[If you're curious, look up the current status of Liquor/Alcohol Licenses in New Mexico. It's nuts.]

Apply to the place for a job.

May as well do some scouting through doing what I know.

Freedom heads down to Castle Cabs, seeing that if he needs to occupy his time, it might as well be getting money and scouting out the city simultaneously. He enters the building, applying for a job as a Taxi Driver. The pay is at $40 a day, 5 days a week,  plus whatever tips he gets. The company provides the Taxi and Gas, but any damage to the Taxi will have to be paid out of Freedom's pocket.

He passes the inspection and is led out to the garage, and given Taxi #482. His boss, Micheal Anglers, tells him to get as many customers as possible. He has a quota to fill after all.

"Do you want to be rich? Do you want people to look up to you, people to fear you. We can give you real power, if you follow us."

Recruit!

"He's right!  Before I rolled with these fellas, I was nothin' but some asshole who made a living delivering pizzas to other assholes, but now I've learned how to make money, kick ass, and earn power, and if you roll with us then so can you!"

Back up Tom's claims.  Help him recruit us some new footsoldiers using the power of PEER PRESSURE!
"Yup. So who wants to shoot some shit up?"
Recruit!

Marshall works his remaining audience with Trent and Eloni backing him up. [Recruitment: 6+1] The crowd is swayed by the voices of promise and agree to check out how the Syndicate functions. Some of them appear to have various skills, and one even mentions to Marshall that one of his friend's was a Military marksman, but after being dishonorably discharged for attacking an officer, was dishonorably discharged and turned to crime to pay his bills, now serving time in the Penn.

Have the sales rep ask about the gym.

Whittle down the loawyers to the 2 most attractive blondes and 2 most attractive redheads.

Cut the adoption list down to young women who's parents are deceased and then cut it further keeping only those who have a criminal record.

Arrange my meeting with the law company about the job and the adoption interview for after the job interview.

The salesman speaks with his Boss before coming back. "He says you can have your gym, but you'll be the one paying for it."

Preston narrows his list down to four women, and a concise set of girls meeting his requirements. He will be ready with his plan quite soon.

He heads downtown for his interview at Ibrahim Brothers. After some talk with both the brothers, they express their willingness to hire Preston if he can put in 60 Hours a week.

As he exits the office with the consideration on his way to the Adoption Office, the Lawyer spots a scuffle occurring in an alleyway not too far away. Two hoodlums are attacking a suited businessman, one of them pinning him to the wall, the other holding a section of lead pipe. "Get the fuck away from me!" screams the businessman, though neither of his captors seem to have the intent to let him walk away.

"Y-Y-Yeah, you t-t-the guys? I got money b-b-back at my p-place, got l-lots of it..... Y-you ain't C-C-Cops are you?!?"
Try to convince them I have money and for them to give me a card or phone number or something.

"Do we fucking look like cops man?" Mason responds, with the offer of payment, and asks for a card or phone number, something to contact them with. The gangsters speak to each other in Spanish for a bit. "Yeah, no. If you wanna' get something, why not just buy it? We can hook you up."

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Finally done. Whew.

I'm thinking of actually running a second Syndicate RTD simultaneously. It would relieve the Waitlist for one thing, which takes a very long time to go through. I honestly think I could manage running another, and it would give me something productive to do whenever I run into GM's Block updating this game. It wouldn't be as in-depth, with not as much of an open-world aspect, but still a full-fledged game. It would focus more on specific assignments: Assassinations, Smuggling, Kidnappings, Robberies. Players would function as a sort of Syndicate Special Forces. Also, as they would coexist in time and setting, the Syndicate and its spin-off game would both effect one another.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:02:05 pm by TCM »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2014, 09:40:25 pm »

Show them the stacks o' cash, and try to finish up Recruiting.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2014, 09:42:28 pm »

(( Wow he's unlucky he gets spotted by the only syndicate member who can't fight lol.

What's the pay for the job? And how much is the gym? How does a job work btw do I automatically do the 60 hours? Or need to devote turns to it?))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:48:14 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 08, 2014, 09:50:23 pm »

(( Wow he's unlucky he gets spotted by the only syndicate member who can't fight lol.

What's the pay for the job? And how much is the gym?))

Pay is $120 a day, each day lasting 5 Turns with various tasks to be completed. Additionally, messages and phone calls outside of work will also need to be completed. Lawyers dont get much rest.

For the gym, you'll have to hire some Carpentry/Home Improvement workers. Depending on how much stuff you want, I see it on the upwards of $7,500-12,000.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 08, 2014, 09:52:44 pm »

(( Uhh I'm paying rent every 6 days? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 08, 2014, 09:59:14 pm »

(( Uhh I'm paying rent every 6 days? ))
DVD
Like in my Legends game, this is the inevitable paradox of trying to combine Turn-Based time with how it actually functions.
So in a way, yes.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2014, 10:03:59 pm »

(( Well I'm boned I'll be out of money in no time and have almost no time at all to try to make any extra spending 25 of every 30 working and still 500 short.

Better hope I get a pay rise fast as hell and try to pick up side jobs while I'm working.  ))

Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2014, 10:30:32 pm »

(( Well I'm boned I'll be out of money in no time and have almost no time at all to try to make any extra spending 25 of every 30 working and still 500 short.

Better hope I get a pay rise fast as hell and try to pick up side jobs while I'm working.  ))

You are a Syndicate associate after all. It's not like the Manor attracts renters who get their main source of income from legal means anyways.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2014, 02:01:05 am »

(($350,000!?  Holy Shit!))

Help Marshall and Eloni lead the prospective recruits to the Pub and finish up recruiting
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:35:42 am by GraveHaunter92 »
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2014, 02:08:52 am »

Ooooooh interesting. Aaron heads back to the bar counter, grabs his laptop AND phone, and calls the number while getting his computer set up. Just making sure everything still in place and nobody deleted system32.

???
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2014, 05:18:52 pm »

(($350,000!?  Holy Shit!))

Yeah.

Ooooooh interesting. Aaron heads back to the bar counter, grabs his laptop AND phone, and calls the number while getting his computer set up. Just making sure everything still in place and nobody deleted system32.

Aaron puts his laptop on the computer, booting it up. Everything appears to be intact, and he whips out his phone, calling the number. He is welcomed with this greeting; "...Eh? The fuck you want? I thought I told you to stop calling me you lazy bitch."

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22