Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 10: New Friends  (Read 37726 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 7: American Orientation
« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2014, 06:11:31 pm »

Bump for anyone who didn't see this update.

Also, there is no beer at the Pub, all of the alcohol was cleared out when the last owners sold it. There's nothing stopping anyone from bringing some booze back into the Pub though.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2014, 06:12:55 pm »

(( I'm just waiting for business man to respond. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2014, 06:46:53 pm »

" No thank you, in my line of work I need a clear head, speaking of which, I have a proposal I'd like to discuss with you. "

"Well, what kind of proposal?" He replies, pouring himself a glass of vodka and sitting down onto his couch.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2014, 06:56:15 pm »

" I only recently arrived in your fine country and in my line of work your judged by your clients. As a business man you I'm sure know many other such important men and it seems to me from what I've learned since arriving that honest hard working men such as you are often the victims of richer less reputable men.

Men who break the law, cheat, blackmail and otherwise harm good men with impunity because they know they that if you should argue they could simply bribe your lawyers so that you would lose.

I took this job so that I could help good people like you but to do so I first need to be contracted as your lawyer so I humbly request that you hire me on retainer to represent you in all legal matters and that you speak with other business owners you know to persuade them to do the same.

My fee would be very reasonable, if by chance you or a friend have any current matters you would like to take to court I would be happy to represent you to prove that I am qualified with no fee at all unless I win the case. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2014, 11:47:16 pm »

" I only recently arrived in your fine country and in my line of work your judged by your clients. As a business man you I'm sure know many other such important men and it seems to me from what I've learned since arriving that honest hard working men such as you are often the victims of richer less reputable men.

Men who break the law, cheat, blackmail and otherwise harm good men with impunity because they know they that if you should argue they could simply bribe your lawyers so that you would lose.

I took this job so that I could help good people like you but to do so I first need to be contracted as your lawyer so I humbly request that you hire me on retainer to represent you in all legal matters and that you speak with other business owners you know to persuade them to do the same.

My fee would be very reasonable, if by chance you or a friend have any current matters you would like to take to court I would be happy to represent you to prove that I am qualified with no fee at all unless I win the case. "

The businessman takes a swig of vodka and puts it down on the short table in front of him. "You want to be my lawyer...well, I've known you for about thirty minutes. And while you can hold it down in a fight, what does that have to do with your legal skills?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 09, 2014, 05:06:20 am »

Opening his laptop Preston brought up his qualifications and a list of all his past successful cases before moving out here.

" I am fully trained and experienced in my job and as I said I'm happy to take on a case now with no fee until I win for you to provide a demonstration. "
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 09, 2014, 07:51:17 pm »

Opening his laptop Preston brought up his qualifications and a list of all his past successful cases before moving out here.

" I am fully trained and experienced in my job and as I said I'm happy to take on a case now with no fee until I win for you to provide a demonstration. "

He leans forward to check on Preston's credentials. "Looks alright. So, what do I use you for? I'm a good Christian capitalist. I don't get into much trouble at my job." He takes another drink of Vodka.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2014, 07:54:02 pm »

" Whatever you need I chose to take the broad approach to law instead of a specific branch. More interesting that way.

We should discuss fees, typically it would be $250 a day or more but I'll lower it to $200 a day. Far less then any other lawyer would accept. "
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:34:28 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 09, 2014, 08:48:23 pm »

" Whatever you need I chose to take the broad approach to law instead of a specific branch. More interesting that way.

We should discuss fees, typically it would be $250 a day or more but I'll lower it to $200 a day. Far less then any other lawyer would accept. "

"$200?" He reclines into the couch. "Hmm...Do you do tax evasion? Divorce? Defense against Libel?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2014, 08:52:58 pm »

" Any case you need me for I'm happy to represent you. Would you happen to know any other business owners like yourself?

The more clients I take on the better it allows me to lose my job and focus solely on representing you and your fellows. "
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2014, 09:52:18 pm »

" Any case you need me for I'm happy to represent you. Would you happen to know any other business owners like yourself?

The more clients I take on the better it allows me to lose my job and focus solely on representing you and your fellows. "

"Could you meet up with me for lunch tomorrow at Ziggy's uptown? I can introduce you to some guys I know."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2014, 09:55:03 pm »

" Sure thing, by the way you never told me what line of work your in and what your friends do? It'll give me some idea of what I may need to do for you. "
Caine's law.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2014, 01:09:08 am »

"That asshole might rat us out. I'll go make sure he doesn't."
Knock on the door. Put a foot in the door like a missionary, but a lot more threatening.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 8: Eloni VS. Old Woman
« Reply #268 on: December 14, 2014, 08:19:51 pm »

Chapter 8: Eloni Vs. Old Woman

Say something audibly about how am I supposed to make quota if people assault my customers before driving off. Finish making my quota.

Freedom doesn't take either karmic path and instead remains neutral, driving off and leaves the attacker and target to their own fates. He drives around, picking up people who don't talk much, except for some old lady who goes on and on about some sort of religious thing that Freedom can't even understand, and not just because of her accent. He drops her off at the shopping district, finally having made his quota for the day. (+$40)

"What, no wine? Heh, I'll take a cola."

He turns back to the guy.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure he won't be coming back. He was happy to be rid of the place, really."
The waitress nods and heads back into the kitchen. "Well then, after eating we can head on over."

Aaron spots a magazine laying open on an adjacent table that must have been left by a previous customer. It's flipped to a central page, displaying an older stout man with small glasses staring fiercely ahead, as if he were looking directly at Aaron, on a bold blue background. The advertisement displays the words, "VOTE DR. ARNIO FOR MAYOR" "HARD ON TAXES, HARDER ON CRIME". The Loaner shakes his head, "Can't believe that guy is expected to win the next election...."

Tom notices, still wearing a ski mask, and checks around the entire building, looking to see how many exits it has.
Trent looks up at the building, shrugs, and turns back to the group

"So who wants a beer?  This asshole's buyin'"

Trent takes out the wallet of the guy we just jumped, grabs his cash, tosses the wallet, and suggests we go back to the Pub

"That asshole might rat us out. I'll go make sure he doesn't."
Knock on the door. Put a foot in the door like a missionary, but a lot more threatening.

The Syndicate trio on the streets realizes that they're being watched by some people from across the street. Trent goes for the wallet of the downed thug, it's not very exciting: a little spare money, a couple condoms and a few coupons. ($7.37)
Marshall, in his mask, heads over to check out the building for exits. (2) There has to a be a front door somewhere, but he can't see it, nor a back door, due to the angle that he's looking at. All he can tell is that while the building isn't very tall, it is long, like a flat.
Eloni takes the most proactive choice and decides to actually enters the project. Eloni take a couple footsoldiers with him, entering the building they pass a flurry of children, climbing the stairs to reach the room near the end of the hall where they had been spotted from. Eloni firmly knocks, and he hears the voice of an older woman exclaiming something in Spanish. She opens the door slightly, a little old wrinkled woman grimacing at Eloni and his crew from behind her spectacles. "What you want? Go away."

Get out the other side of the car, look her over for weapons, just in case. Inquire as to her identity and what she wants. If she wants money, give her a twenty and ask her where she buys crack. If she asks why I'm curious, tell her I'm trying to find a dealer.

Dave gets out of the car, looking her over. She doesn't have anything on her, at least visible from the outside. When he asks for what she wants, she does ask for money. ($-20) She gives him a toothy, or rather, toothless grin as she accepts the money. He asks for the location of her dealer, her shaky finger moves to point towards an abandoned gas station.

" Sure thing, by the way you never told me what line of work your in and what your friends do? It'll give me some idea of what I may need to do for you. "

"It's just accounting," he says, taking more of his drink. "I didn't used to have all this," he says motioning around the room. "A couple years ago, we got picked up by Sslavagen, the Swedish clothing line. They opened up their first few markets in the American Southwest and needed some accountants."

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 8: Eloni VS. Old Woman
« Reply #269 on: December 14, 2014, 08:42:15 pm »

"I understand. I'll leave you to your rest and see you tomorrow."

(( I was supposed to arrange my meeting with the adoption agency for after the interview, did that get done? ))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:45:41 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22