Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 10: New Friends  (Read 37709 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 2: Pub
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2014, 06:14:34 pm »

DON'T WORRY BOYS, IMMA' GOIN'.

Hey Patrick, could you cut out a couple parts of your turn? You can do them later, it's just pretty daunting to try and include everything in a single turn.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:16:49 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2014, 06:32:56 pm »

Better? I deleted 1 bit entirely and crossed out 2 more to carry over to next turn. A lot of it was just arranging things for next turn anyway.

Main down side to this character is a huge amount of stuff to get done early on so trying to pack it all in while I have it all clear in my head.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2014, 01:22:20 am »

Thug Bump
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2014, 02:00:18 am »

Thug Bump

APPRECIATE THE BUMP

YOUR GM IS ON THE UPDATE HUSTLE AS HARD AS HE CAN

VACATION GRIND
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 3: Hitting the Streets
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2014, 10:45:29 pm »

Chapter 3: Hitting the Streets

Tom checks around the pub, installing his safe in the basement. He then leaves the pub, looking for a small street gang to recruit.

"Trent, Eloni. If you would be willing to help with some things?"

"Alright! Let's find some random hooligans then."
Help Tom patrol the new neighborhood and recruit some new gang members

Tom, Eloni, and Trent all set out on the wonderful duty of recruiting gang members. After years of doing so, they find the work is similar to Evangelicalism, except instead of the loving merciful protection of God, conversion to the Syndicate was done with promises of money, respect and getting laid.
The trio come to a Basketball Court under the sweltering New Mexican sun. The court is packed with young men battling in an intense match. Tom steps forward after the game is complete.
[3+1] "Is anyone here looking to get quick money and respect on the streets? Need a career where you get paid just for being you?" A large percentage of the players step forward to listen, though a number leave as Thomas goes on with his speech. "Man, I've got no time for this gangbangin' bullshit, I got a real job..." One of the more impressive players makes this statement and leaves, grabbing his bag. A few other follow suit, still, Tom has got an audience of about 6 left, who are interested in his offer.

Purchase the manor for myself and request to have a small enclosed training area built onto the gym and have the 3 spare bedrooms and guest room altered to include 2 single beds rather then 1 double as well as the required wardrobes and such for 2 people.

Single out young attractive female aspiring lawyers who are white.

Look up any orphanages in town and arrange for copies of the files on all white late teen orphans and to email them to me. Divide them by orphanage.

Preston goes to the Suburbs, driving up to the Manor, currently up for rent. He shakes hands with the realtor of the the house, a stout mustached man in his 40's, and goes inside to do business. "So, you looking to rent out? That's a grand. Hey, you got it? Good, good..." Preston discusses his desire to expand the Manor. "Okay, if you put in an order for 8 single beds and 4 wardrobes, we can install those for...let's see...about $1,600. It ain't cheap, but my boss isn't going to let the place look like a shithole. This is a high-class establishment going on here, you follow me? Speaking of my boss, I'll have to ask him before you alter the gym area, we need his permission before we can make big changes to the place. Unless you want to do that yourself.

Preston searches on various dating websites for attractive young female white lawyers. He comes up with a list of a few hundred in Albuquerque, and the surrounding areas. Now he has to specify among his potential choices....
[I assume he meant single women, as well.]
His search for white late teen orphans is similarly fruitful in numbers, as most late teen orphans are neglected for adoption, seeing as they are only a few years away from adulthood, leaving them little time to be raised and nurtured. Again, now he can specify. Before he can get much more information, he learns he has to do an interview with the state adoption agency, and have a background check and home study, before he can be considered as eligible for adoption.

"That would make him a bit poorer informant. Aside from the pub, though, have we considered transportation yet? It'd probably be a good idea to have a car around here."

Check local used car listings, as well as whatever we have available. Also, take some spare time to clean up the pub (trash, sweep, clean, identify any big projects that need doing). It'd be nice to have a legitimate source of income, and it would help if it looks halfway-decent.

Dave checks the listings for Cars, and finds quickly that there's a dealership not to far from the Pub that specialize in normal, everyday rides. He also cleans the Pub, [4] cleaning off a good deal of the floor, sweeping it of dirt and getting stains and grimes out of the premises. The actually bar needs some work, and the place could use a new paintjob, but it's a definite start.

"Man everything's blurry.... If I die I'm investigating the Aztecs, gonna try and get a number of address or Something....
Mason walks out of the pub, going towards known Aztec territory, muttering and mumble I g and the like, looking for anyone matching the description for Aztec gang members.

Mason exits looking like all hell towards where the Aztecs are said to hang out, talking to himself like a paranoid crackhead. [Scouting: 6] He stumbles across a few loitering in an alleyway several blocks down. They look at him as he approaches, "Aye' junkie, fuck you want? You need a hook-up or something?" Their clothes are that deep, swampy green.

"Uhhhhhhh..."
Trent rifles through his garbage bag in search of Aaron's laptop

Trent finds Aaron's Laptop buried deep in his garbage bag. How did that get there?

While Trent does that, Aaron scopes out the office and the rest of the bar, looking for anything of value that Charlie might be leaving behind. Not to give it to him, mind you. Just to note that it's there for as soon as Charlie leaves.

Aaron looks around the office and bars areas, for anything that might be left behind. Behind the bar, he finds a few empty kegs laying around. The office seems quite bare until Aaron comes across a strip of paper on it, containing an anonymous phone number.

Look up whether or not any local Taxi companies are willing to hire new drivers.

Freedom checks out the classifieds and internet for any Taxi companies hiring. It looks like this place Castle Cabs Inc. downtown is looking for new drivers.

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

I eschewed detail to get this turn out as fast as I could. It's not much, but the next chapter should have a lot more content.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2014, 10:52:16 pm »

Peruse dealership listings, and look for cheap construction supply/home improvement stores nearby. Take an inventory of how much paint would be needed to get a new coat on the bar, what we need to do to fix the bar itself, and how much it would take to get a business/liquor license. If I find any spare time in all of that, practice my knife work a bit. I'm a bit rusty.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2014, 10:53:52 pm »

Apply to the place for a job.

May as well do some scouting through doing what I know.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2014, 11:02:24 pm »

"Do you want to be rich? Do you want people to look up to you, people to fear you. We can give you real power, if you follow us."

Recruit!
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2014, 02:14:37 am »

Ooooooh interesting. Aaron heads back to the bar counter, grabs his laptop AND phone, and calls the number while getting his computer set up. Just making sure everything still in place and nobody deleted system32.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2014, 09:16:51 am »

Have the sales rep ask about the gym.

Whittle down the loawyers to the 2 most attractive blondes and 2 most attractive redheads.

Cut the adoption list down to young women who's parents are deceased and then cut it further keeping only those who have a criminal record.

Arrange my meeting with the law company about the job and the adoption interview for after the job interview.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:21:40 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2014, 09:17:45 am »

Just making sure everything still in place and nobody deleted system32.

((Oops. Dave isn't very good with computers- better with cars, y'know, so you never know...))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2014, 10:53:12 am »

"Y-Y-Yeah, you t-t-the guys? I got money b-b-back at my p-place, got l-lots of it..... Y-you ain't C-C-Cops are you?!?"
Try to convince them I have money and for them to give me a card or phone number or something.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2014, 08:35:25 pm »

"Do you want to be rich? Do you want people to look up to you, people to fear you. We can give you real power, if you follow us."

Recruit!

"He's right!  Before I rolled with these fellas, I was nothin' but some asshole who made a living delivering pizzas to other assholes, but now I've learned how to make money, kick ass, and earn power, and if you roll with us then so can you!"

Back up Tom's claims.  Help him recruit us some new footsoldiers using the power of PEER PRESSURE!
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2014, 12:18:19 am »

Glad to see this didn't die.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2014, 06:49:02 pm »

"Yup. So who wants to shoot some shit up?"
Recruit!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22