Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ☼Mantown the Merchants of Brilliance☼ - Human Test Fortress  (Read 2904 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Welcome to Human Castle - Alpha version and totally unsafe for viewing.

I will record my first testfort of the playable human race here. We have still ~12 workshops unfinished, but the rest should be good to go. This is for the Masterwork DF mod, with default settings, which will include the human race... soon. Soonish. About two weeks I guess. Or so.

Here the embark party: All filthy peasants without skills, some food and drank and animals. And 5 axes, we dont like trees:

And the embark map (notice the multi-z-level viewing is enabled) ((also notice the filthy trees we will cut down)):

If anyone wants to be... humade? manned? I know: If you want to become a man (or woman), there are 6 spots left. One way or another, you can watch me fail at my own creation and see me slaughtered by the first ambush, while I try to test mod features.

Named humans:
Meph Responsibledrooped - Merchants Guild - Noble: Bureaucrat - Job: Miner and Bookkeeper, Broker and Manager.
Snackfox Callstrokes - Academics Guild - Job: Miner.
Palu Postedfarmed - Engineers Guild - Job:Lumberjack.
Than402 Cactuscyclones - Peasant - Job:Lumberjack.
Sickboy Legenddaubed - Peasant - Noble: Military Commander - Job: Bit of everything atm.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:37:55 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
Re: ☼Mantown the Merchants of Brilliance☼ - Human Test Fortress
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 07:59:49 am »

Hey, couldja man me? thanks. I'd like a male.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 08:03:39 am »

Yes sir. :)

We have one Engineers Guild Member and 4 peasants left.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 08:07:12 am »

I don't really care who I get.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 08:15:51 am »

First thing we humans do is clear cut that god forsaken forest. We need space for workshops and buildings, and no one wants to sleep in the forest at night. Kobolds might live in tents, and dwarves dig into the rock, but we have neither luxury. Wooden constructions it is.

Our 5 lumberjacks go to work and cut down everything in their way, opening a clearing in the forest. The wooden logs are collected and the carpenter makes some wooden blocks (planks), which we use a "wood splitting blocks", ready to remove the bark and split each log into 4 planks we can use for walls, floors and ceilings.

Snackfox: You got the Academic. The above post is for other players. ;)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 08:19:18 am »

I'd like to be manned as the engineer, please.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 08:26:09 am »

Awesome.can you man me as a lumberjack?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 08:44:09 am »

Our glorious camp, mid-spring:

1. Quarry. Mining is done layer by layer, so that miners can stay in the light. Humans dont like dark, claustrophobic tunnels, so we have to use this very slow mining method.

2. Start of out longhouse, which will give rooms and beds to our founding seven. It needs a ceiling, until then we cannot build furniture.

3. Horse, Ironclad Horse and Wagon.

4. Woodworking area, 2 carpenters, 1 craftsman, 5 wood splitting blocks and 1 mechanic, using boulders I bought at embark for mechanisms.

5. stables. butcher, tanner, farm workshop, loom and tailor. Shearing and spinning, collecting webs... all for the rope we need to build a well. Humans dont care for alcohol that much, and drinking water is perfectly fine. The walls protect the animals from line-of-sight a bit, and there are 8 nestboxes for the birds.

Palu & than402: You both got your human. :)

sickboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 09:07:24 am »

I'd take a human please!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 09:14:07 am »

Sickboy: Which one?

We got migrants. 2 babies, 1 bowguard, 1 swordguard, 1 fisher and 1 peasant who is member of the academics guild.

Furthermore the woodcutting continues, more rooms are added on, beds are set up, wooden pallisades go up, the quarry struck rock and coal, and the trade depot is set up. It is summer now.

sickboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 09:19:26 am »

well if you got militarymen now, definitely the swordguard so I may find death gloriously... or not so

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 09:41:26 am »

It is autumn now, and everything has been peaceful, except for a leprechaun that stole some rough amethysts.

1. You can see the deeper quarry now, 6 levels deep. Rock, coke and even some gems have been found.
2. A second floor is being added to the town hall.
3. Wooden pillars block line of sight and hopefully protect our militia from enemy archers till they are in melee range.
4. The stables have been expanded, making room for the cicks, ducklings, baby ewes and pigs.
5. A food stockpile and 3 fisheries have been build, after I noticed several rotten fish next to the brook.
6. The trade depot is up, with 6 basic merchants around it. wood, leather, stone, textiles, food and gem merchants will be set up.

Sickboy: He has level 3 in sword combat, and level 1 in other combat skills. So not really. I have neither sword, shield nor armor. But you have been added: "Sickboy Legenddaubed - Peasant - Noble: Military Commander - Job: Bit of everything atm."

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 10:59:16 am »

Good luck with the fort.

I guess I'll take the bowman then. Might as well go Robin Hood on everyone. ;)
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 04:22:51 pm »

This looks interesting. Any chance I could be humaned as a military male if you get one in the next wave? Or maybe a male magic user if humans get magic workshops like the other MDF races?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 04:48:28 pm »

I will continue tomorrow, but military will probably not be the focus. ;)

There are no magic users for humans. But in theory I can hire a Warlock to teach any human some spells. :)

Edit: I am so proud of our militia:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:22:13 pm by Meph »
Pages: [1] 2