Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Annoying "Rain" bug  (Read 1404 times)

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Annoying "Rain" bug
« on: July 05, 2014, 04:01:08 pm »

So I am experiencing the following problem: If I turn weather off and load a save, it will always rain. Even if at the time of saving, the weather was completely clear (dfhack weather map all CCCCC) it will start raining right away. Now this rain actually isn't real rain, as there are no water coverings generated, Dwarfs do not get unhappy thoughts and also the FPS boost due to less calculations is definitly there. So the only issue is that it constantly shows the rain weather effect. Even if I use dfhack to clear the weather, it will still start again to rain after a few minutes.

Any way to fix this?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Annoying "Rain" bug
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 02:11:06 am »

Turn weather on, save, quit, close DF, reload, DFhack clear weather, save, reload, save, disable weather, reload.

I'm fairly certain this is a thing that's sort of well documented. Disabling weather while there's no weather happening should work, but saving and reloading frequently in the interim should force a memory flush to occur.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread