Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: DFeverywhere - Control DF Through a Browser  (Read 59229 times)

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFeverywhere - Control DF Through a Browser
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 12:26:37 pm »

Do you know that the game that you are trying to view is actively being played? As the note says, "Note: not all games may currently be active."

The list of public games is just the people who have selected the option to make their game visible.  It doesn't mean that they are actually playing at the moment. 

It is a little misleading and in the future I'll try to limit the games shown to those that are currently active.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 12:48:49 pm »

Ah, it seems I did miss something. Could you add some sort of flag that shows which of the public games are currently active (or able to be viewed and/or controlled in any case)? Thanks.

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2014, 01:01:54 pm »

Ah, it seems I did miss something. Could you add some sort of flag that shows which of the public games are currently active (or able to be viewed and/or controlled in any case)? Thanks.

It is definitely on my list! Thanks.

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 01:34:29 pm »

Tile size too small for any set I try. Myne, larger Myne. Anikki 16x16, larger than that.. what's going on? Used to work fine.

I started up my DF (40.18, just the phoebus tileset, no other mods or additional programs) and then start up DFeverywhere after I've started the game, the little command box keeps giving me the message that the tile set is too small. It does that several times and then closes itself.

Pity, I liked the idea of using this program to help a few people I know online who are interested in the game but intimidated by DF being what it is. It would have been a good way to get them to see how to play it a bit.

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2014, 02:24:03 pm »

Tile size too small for any set I try. Myne, larger Myne. Anikki 16x16, larger than that.. what's going on? Used to work fine.

I started up my DF (40.18, just the phoebus tileset, no other mods or additional programs) and then start up DFeverywhere after I've started the game, the little command box keeps giving me the message that the tile set is too small. It does that several times and then closes itself.

Pity, I liked the idea of using this program to help a few people I know online who are interested in the game but intimidated by DF being what it is. It would have been a good way to get them to see how to play it a bit.

Try opening DFeverywhere after you are actually in the game (i.e. not a menu, not choose your region).  That is usually when this error happens. Basically it helps to have tiled border around your screen to automatically detect the tile size.

Another option may be to adjust the window size of your DF game. Sometimes small things like that can throw it off in weird ways.

If that doesn't solve your problem, I would be interested in a screen shot of what your DF windows looks like when you are starting DFeverywhere.

I hope this helps.

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2014, 04:37:03 pm »

I had my game going, I was not at any menu. This is as big as I can get the game, and still I had the same error message.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2014, 04:44:33 pm »

I had my game going, I was not at any menu. This is as big as I can get the game, and still I had the same error message.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hmm... Another problem may be that it looks like you are using TrueType fonts. Try hitting F10 to change to using tiled fonts.  This makes it a little harder to read, but it may solve your problem.

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2014, 05:11:11 pm »

I tried f10 with Phoebus and it didn't appear to do anything. So I switched to Ironhand and hit f10 and then started DFeverywhere. The program in the command box seemed to run fine. My next problem to overcome is that the viewer on the browser page wouldn't finish loading and give me any kind of picture, though that might have been the fault of my internet, possibly?

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2014, 05:44:32 pm »

That's good to know that you got the program to connect.  I'll have to look into what might be the problem with Phoebus tilesets.

As to it not showing in the viewer, make sure that the following check out:
1. Proper settings in the dfeverywhere.conf file (If it is connecting, this shouldn't be an issue).
2. Check you are are logged into the website. (Trying to access the viewer should redirect you if you aren't logged in.)
3. Depending on the speed of your connection, it may take a little bit to display a picture.

I believe that you mentioned earlier that you could see the Demo, so at least your browser should work.

If it continues to not work, send me an email at: dwarfeverywhere@gmail.com
That way I can get some info and check things on the backend.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2014, 06:27:25 pm »

Simplified Configuration Steps
1. Create an account. You can log in using either your Facebook, Google, or Twitter credentials.

Why? I'd love to try this out, but that's not going to happen because of that (or at least without a really good explanation).
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2014, 08:07:36 pm »

Simplified Configuration Steps
1. Create an account. You can log in using either your Facebook, Google, or Twitter credentials.

Why? I'd love to try this out, but that's not going to happen because of that (or at least without a really good explanation).

Because this way you don't have to create another password or rely on my ability to not have it stolen. As you see when you log in, it doesn't ask for any permissions to post or anything like that. Your password is never transmitted to DFeverywhere, so you don't have to worry about that.

Basically, you log into one of those three sites.  The site tells DFeverywhere that you are X [so that you can come back an log in again]. Nothing else happens.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2014, 12:18:48 pm »

Oh. So I can't stick this on my own server then, it relies on you?

(honestly I'd rather just put my own auth in front of it all)
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2014, 01:41:05 pm »

Oh. So I can't stick this on my own server then, it relies on you?

(honestly I'd rather just put my own auth in front of it all)

Technically, the current state of things relies on my server.  This was a deliberate decision so that the average end user wouldn't have to mess with static IP/port forwarding/dynamic dns.

That being said, the hard stuff is in the github repository. An intrepid programmer could dig into it and make it completely local.

There is enough work for me at the moment to get the all of the features added and working in the website version without worrying about supporting a self-hosted version.  Once I am happy with the state of things, I would have no issue with adding details to the self-hosted version.

Thanks for your interest.

LeFourbe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2015, 01:12:56 pm »

Hey ! Your project is just amazing !... But it seems dead since even the Demo is not working ... Or maybe I'm dooing sth wrong. 

I have some questions for you :

-- To play the demo, I just have to log on your website, right ? No DF or DFeverywhere needed ? (I was unable to find some info or a tutorial on that...)

-- Is this project still under development ? (I hope so, realy) And if yes, when will the next release be ... released ? :p

-- Does it work with the very last version of DF (the 0.40.24) ? (I guess yes, because I've read that it does not relies on DFHack)

I'm not able to help with coding and/or modding, but I definitely would if I could, because your project is so much better than the others (WebFort & DFterm3). With DFeverywhere all my dreams of building a great fortress with both my best friend and my geek girlfriend may become true soon

(PS : I'm French, excuse me if i said something the wrong way ^^)

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 08:53:04 pm »

Hey ! Your project is just amazing !... But it seems dead since even the Demo is not working ... Or maybe I'm dooing sth wrong. 

I have some questions for you :

-- To play the demo, I just have to log on your website, right ? No DF or DFeverywhere needed ? (I was unable to find some info or a tutorial on that...)

-- Is this project still under development ? (I hope so, realy) And if yes, when will the next release be ... released ? :p

-- Does it work with the very last version of DF (the 0.40.24) ? (I guess yes, because I've read that it does not relies on DFHack)

I'm not able to help with coding and/or modding, but I definitely would if I could, because your project is so much better than the others (WebFort & DFterm3). With DFeverywhere all my dreams of building a great fortress with both my best friend and my geek girlfriend may become true soon

(PS : I'm French, excuse me if i said something the wrong way ^^)

I think that the answer to all of your questions is, "Yes!"  ;)

The demo is currently off-line. This is just an issue on my end.  This will be resolved soon when I get the linux version working completely.

Development is still very much ongoing. I had hoped to use more of the holidays to do development, but it didn't work out quite that way.

To your last question, DFeverywhere works on any version of DF.

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7