Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: DFeverywhere - Control DF Through a Browser  (Read 59549 times)

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFeverywhere - Control DF Through a Browser
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2015, 08:06:36 pm »

I just tried it and it still crashes. Do I have to use a tileset btw? I mean, is vanilla ASCII working?
Oh and by the way it seems that I can't even watch a game, when clicking on the demo it just shows me the loading icon but nothing ever happens.

Could you be more specific about "it still crashes"?  It should work with either plain ASCII or a tileset.

Could you give me an idea of what errors the window is displaying? Also windows or linux?

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2015, 03:32:29 am »

Well, I start DF, get into fortress mode, then start DFeverywhere and when it comes to "Didn't find appropriate tileset image. Continuing" it just keeps crashing. I'm trying this on windows. There are no other errors I guess - the only stuff shown is the version number along with the note that this topic exists in case of questions etc, then it says tileset found and the aforementioned line... and finally a windows message pops up stating that df_everywhere stopped working.

HTH though. :(

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2015, 08:44:36 pm »

That isn't a lot to go on.  I will look into it to see if I can find anything.

chemax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2015, 10:08:25 am »

D:\Dropbox\DF\everywere>df_everywhere.exe
DF Everywhere - Play Dwarf Fortress from your browser.
www.dfeverywhere.com

Version:0.1.8
For questions, check the topic on the official Dwarf fortress Forums or email:
   www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139975.0
   dwarfeverywhere@gmail.com

Tile size found: 01x13
Didn't find appropriate tileset image. Continuing

D:\Dropbox\DF\everywere>

And end. Crash.

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 08:12:17 pm »

I'm going to have to do some more debuging. There shouldn't be a reason for it to find a tile size of 1x.

PlanetaryCombat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2015, 05:59:16 pm »

It just shows an infinite loading screen for me :(

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2015, 09:07:31 pm »

I can report that I'm experiencing the same crash as chemax.  I'm running on windows 7 if that matters and I tried it with both my existing copy of Dwarf Fortress with a tileset and a freshly-downloaded copy of 40.24 with no tileset.

I did find something that may be helpful in debugging, however.  I attempted to run dfeverywhere by opening it from windows explorer with DF running in the background.  For both versions of DF I tried, it reported a tile size of 09x01 before crashing.

I thought it may have been having trouble locating the DF window since it wasn't the topmost window, so I created a shortcut on the desktop and tried again.  When I did that, it still crashed for both versions, but the tile size it reported was 16x15 instead.

Next, I tried running the executable through the command prompt, which also consistently reported 16x15 before crashing.

The number it gives is consistent as well.  I've done it multiple times and it always reports 09x01 when I run it directly through windows explorer and 16x15 when run through the shortcut or command prompt (except for one time when it reported 01x<something> that I wasn't able to replicate).  I noticed no difference when running DF maximized or windowed, TrueType on or off (for the tileset version) or whether or not DF was the top-most window aside from windows explorer.  When DF was minimized, it did correctly detect that and exit with an error message rather than crashing.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

zackman0010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2015, 01:48:04 am »

I have the same two problems that have been listed: the infinite loading symbol on the public viewer, and the crashing of dfeverywhere on launch. I tested RadHazard's test myself and got similar results. When running from Windows Explorer, I'd steadily get 11x09 tile size. Running from shortcut steadily gave me 16x16, yet it still crashed.

jaylla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2015, 08:10:10 pm »

Is this still being updated? I am getting the same tileset crash. Anyone have a solution?

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2015, 09:13:15 pm »

Is this still being updated? I am getting the same tileset crash. Anyone have a solution?

Progress is slow at the moment. Once more of my time becomes available, I will provide another update.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2015, 12:21:06 pm »

ptw. good work!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves are overrated. Magma is the new dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2015, 12:56:27 am »

Can someone explain to me how to install the tilesets? I know it might seem self explanatory, but everytime I put the .pngs and .bmps in the 'tilesets' folder and then run df_everywhere.exe, it responds with:
"Tile Size Found: 16x15
Didn't find appropriate tileset image. Continuing" And then proceeds to crash.
Perhaps this should be included in the Initial Setup?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:07:57 am by Arrek »

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2015, 07:32:02 am »

Can someone explain to me how to install the tilesets? I know it might seem self explanatory, but everytime I put the .pngs and .bmps in the 'tilesets' folder and then run df_everywhere.exe, it responds with:
"Tile Size Found: 16x15
Didn't find appropriate tileset image. Continuing" And then proceeds to crash.
Perhaps this should be included in the Initial Setup?

This is an internal error. There is no need to copy any images to the dfeverywhere folder.

This seems to be a separate error from what other people have been getting. I'll add it to the list to look at when I get back to development.

zackman0010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2015, 07:31:49 pm »

I was wondering if we could get an estimate on when you'll be able to develop this again? I was looking forward to using it with some friends, but by the time I downloaded it these program-breaking bugs had appeared.

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2015, 08:08:49 pm »

I was wondering if we could get an estimate on when you'll be able to develop this again? I was looking forward to using it with some friends, but by the time I downloaded it these program-breaking bugs had appeared.

I'm going to make time to get back into development.

The good news is that I am now able to reproduce some of these errors.  That means that I have a hope to figure them out!

Also, to anyone who has had issues, you can try an older version. Version 0.1.6 may be one to try.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7