Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: DFeverywhere - Control DF Through a Browser  (Read 59560 times)

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
Re: DFeverywhere - Control DF Through a Browser
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2015, 07:56:09 pm »

Great news! I'm looking forward for an update :)

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2015, 09:00:48 pm »

Great news! I'm looking forward for an update :)

I posted a set of updated files. Please try it out: v0.1.9-test. Be sure to download the correct version for your operating system (32bit or 64bit). That may have been the source of some problems all along.

I added some more logging to the screen to aid in future debugging. I also added the option to add
Code: [Select]
DEBUG=True to the config file. This saves two initial images that the program uses. This may also be helpful for debugging.

zackman0010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2015, 09:03:28 pm »

Would this update fix the infinite loading symbol while watching games on the site? I can't even watch the demo game. It just shows the loading symbol, and the bottom says infinity fps.

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2015, 09:05:39 pm »

Would this update fix the infinite loading symbol while watching games on the site? I can't even watch the demo game. It just shows the loading symbol, and the bottom says infinity fps.

That is less of a "bug" and more of a "I don't have a demo game running" issue. : )

But, yes. It is on the list of devoting a full-time VM for the demo.

zackman0010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2015, 09:06:33 pm »

That is less of a "bug" and more of a "I don't have a demo game running" issue. : )

But, yes. It is on the list of devoting a full-time VM for the demo.

Oh, lol. I guess that would explain it. I'll test it with my personal game then and let you know if it works.

zackman0010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2015, 09:37:04 pm »

Double posting to report my results:
It is working now and appearing on the viewer, but still a bit weird. At first, it was still starting and immediately exiting. I was able to do it multiple times and read what it was saying, even though it would close itself very quickly.

Full image size: 640, 400
Trimmed image size: 638, 136
Tile size isn't max...
Didn't find square tile size.
local variable 'tile_x' referenced before assignment
Error getting screenshot. Exiting.

From the debug images and from playing around with it myself, I found out what it is doing. It attempts to use the df_everywhere window itself as it launches, rather than the game. The way I got it working was by very quickly switching the focus to the Dwarf Fortress window before df_everywhere registered itself as the game. After the quick switch, it worked exactly as it should have.
Perhaps adding a 5-10 second wait between launch and registering which window is in focus along with a warning to switch to the game window so that the program works properly?

Lycake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2015, 04:52:31 am »

Hey!
This is a really neat idea. I was playing around a bit and ran into some problems.

First off some of the problems others have had, like infinite loading in the viewer or weird tileset numbers (like loading tileset 4x4 with 0 tiles or 0x0) and debug pngs and tileset just blank.

The solution was found quickly: Truetype. I read the top post and knew that it had to be disabled in order for DFe to work, and since I'm using LNP i checked that it was disabled... and it was. However, the default settings for the print mode is TWBT. I have no idea what this is and what it does, but playing around with it, I noticed Truetype is still active if I use TWBT even if it's disabled in LNP. Same goes for TWBT_LEGACY and Standard. The only one working for me was 2D. (Edit: TWBT stands for TextWillBeText and apparently has to be disabled aswell, at least when using otherwise default settings with LNP)

From here on I got tiles correctly loading and the viewer showing a good image. However, it was possible to watch the game, but really impossible to play with. The input lag was several seconds and almost half the inputs got lost on the way. That is what the output is looking like a lot:

Code: [Select]
Reconnecting to server...
Unable to unsubscribe to: heartbeats
Unable to unsubscribe to: commands
Unable to unsubscribe to: tileset
Unable to cleanly close connection.
Connected...
Reconnecting to server...
Command sub error
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Heartbeat sub error
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Already reconnecting...
Connected...

I want to add that I have a powerful PC and a good connection. I used a tool to check if I had any problems like packet loss, but everything was fine. So these two factors are not causing the issue.

A few more details:
Windows 8
Newest version of LNP and DF
dfeverywhere-0.1.9 for x64

Well.. that's my experience with it so far. If I can do anything to help debugging any of the problems any closer, let me know.

greetz,
Cake

P.S.: The console shows still version 0.1.8. You might want to change that nasty string somewhere, it confused the hell out of me when I ran 0.1.9 for the fisrt time ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:50:44 pm by Lycake »

hazzey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2015, 07:56:35 pm »

I'm glad that a little trial and error got your initial problem solved! It is good to know that disabling true-type doesn't always do what it says.

About the lag in the web interface, that is much slower than usual. It it really hard to diagnose, but from the little bit of output that you copied it looks like there were some connection issues. It is entirely possible that it was on the server side.

mirrorcoloured

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2015, 03:45:06 am »

I'm having trouble running the DF Everywhere service...

I get an error about using a variable before declaring it?
http://imgur.com/2mzrwic

This is on 0.1.9-x64, with a 64-bit OS and running DF 0.42.02.win, though I've tried multiple combinations of versions and haven't gotten anywhere.

Any pointers?

zackman0010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2015, 08:18:09 am »

I'm having trouble running the DF Everywhere service...

I get an error about using a variable before declaring it?
http://imgur.com/2mzrwic

This is on 0.1.9-x64, with a 64-bit OS and running DF 0.42.02.win, though I've tried multiple combinations of versions and haven't gotten anywhere.

Any pointers?

Read my post literally only 3 replies back, where the exact same error is listed. Alongside the reason for the bug and how I fixed it.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2016, 12:25:33 am »

Any way to run this without x installed? I have a headless dual xeon in the basement with Debian. I didn't install x when I set it up, I tried installing it(I have a local monitor and keyboard set up) and now it boots to a mouse cursor on a seemingly ok blueish screen, but no keyboard command or combos will bring up a login prompt...its like I don't have a desktop manager setup, although I selected gnome(I think, lol maybe I went with kde).

Anyhow, I can ssh into it fine still and it all works so its not crashed out....anywho...

I guess it needs the open gl to run-on the local machine so it can have stuff to send via your protocol wizardry, bit I thought I would ask just in case...

Cause in Los Angeles there are nice Craigslist deals on old servers...I got a rackmount(pain to run and loud...hence basement) server for under 100 bucks dual xeon at 3 gig...but it will take two dual cores up to 3.2 (o think, been a while) or better...two single core 3.7s xeon which I got on eBay for another 50...perfect dwarfcruncher and maybe I can play here and there o. My laptop at work or do tedious military stuff on my phone(with keyboard) when I am stuck riding in a truck for hours...

I guess I'll reinstall Linux with x this time sonit will all be set up...I'll lose 4 game servers that are set up on it(one at a time, I only run them when we play whichever game)

Tl:Dr. Is there a chance I can run this without xwindows on Linux....I guess no, but worth an ask

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2016, 05:08:33 pm »

so i am having the trouble of opening the window then switching back to df be4 the command window opens, i have opened the program, and then when i open it i switch to df only to read that it has tried to recognize itself
is there any way to fix this?

the focus is shifted when the command window is opened, how to fix i wonder,
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:34:39 pm by Dustin »
Should we have embarked right next to a goblin fortress?
Yes we should have, no Goblins yet *yet*
Hi. I'm Dwarf fortress, and I'm a crashaholic

BobBarker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2016, 03:44:57 am »

EDIT nevermind, didn't see the demo was offline.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:56:54 am by BobBarker »

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2016, 10:02:49 am »

Is it still alive?
Couldn't watch any of the public games or demo.

deMangler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2016, 10:38:34 am »

Is it still alive?
Couldn't watch any of the public games or demo.

I have used v 0.1.9 x64 for windows (10) and the viewer works ok but it does not appear to be possible to control DF from it. Only view. My keystrokes such as space or tab etc control the browser not the viewer window.
Also, for some reason on my Android device the login buttons to not appear on the website (chrome and firefox) so I cannot log in with that.
Was really hoping to be able to play DF on my phone with the bluetooth keyboard without using VNC.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 11:20:33 am by deMangler »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7