Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313674 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1005 on: September 03, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »

Thanks, then.

Im trying to designate two separate fluids, but I dont think its working.  I have blood and I have stomach fluid in the gizzard.  But somehow they keep bleeding the stomach fluid and smearing about 'n/a'
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I dont understand what the n/a is supposed to be, its a dark grey, like ichor.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 03, 2014, 03:53:03 pm »

I believe night_creature_hunters that also have large_roaming can end up being placed in their biomes, which would in turn result in some of them becoming historical figures as beasts (that was I believe the basis of a wrong bug report on my end). Otherwise, they either need the spouse converter tags or need to be the result of divine curses.
My xenomorph is not a LARGE_ROAMING creature, it has spouse converted tag and converted case, however none of the legends exports have them in population infos... I am a bit confused why. I am pretty sure that setup used to work in 0.34.x.
My night creatures definitely work, so the only thing I can think of, as Deathsword has already asked, is that the xenomorphs might lack lair tags.

Hmm, do you have a curse which makes them in the first place? I think it is the issue I have: I have night troll-like creatures in the raws but no deity curse.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 03, 2014, 04:11:32 pm »

I'm using curses for my wendigos, but not for my other night creatures. Those have the spouse converter tags. Here's one of them for reference:

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 03, 2014, 04:14:39 pm »

I believe night_creature_hunters that also have large_roaming can end up being placed in their biomes, which would in turn result in some of them becoming historical figures as beasts (that was I believe the basis of a wrong bug report on my end). Otherwise, they either need the spouse converter tags or need to be the result of divine curses.
My xenomorph is not a LARGE_ROAMING creature, it has spouse converted tag and converted case, however none of the legends exports have them in population infos... I am a bit confused why. I am pretty sure that setup used to work in 0.34.x.
My night creatures definitely work, so the only thing I can think of, as Deathsword has already asked, is that the xenomorphs might lack lair tags.

Hmm, do you have a curse which makes them in the first place? I think it is the issue I have: I have night troll-like creatures in the raws but no deity curse.
Night trolls aren't made by curses. They are randomly spawned at worldgen and start converting others. Only vampires and werebeasts seem to be born of curses so far.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 03, 2014, 04:35:57 pm »

Hmm, maybe you could quickly browse this and see where I went wrong? A fresh look may help :). They just dont appear among historical figures at all:
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 03, 2014, 04:44:04 pm »

From a quick look, your xenomorph doesn't have LARGE_PREDATOR, which my coral maidens have. That tag may be required for night troll types.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #1011 on: September 03, 2014, 05:28:12 pm »

Does anyone have the faintest idea what, if any, effect ATTACK_PREP_AND_RECOVER has on ranged attacks?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 03, 2014, 06:46:18 pm »

Does anyone have the faintest idea what, if any, effect ATTACK_PREP_AND_RECOVER has on ranged attacks?
I don't think it does. It's on ammo and ranged weapons for when you use either for melee attacks.

Deon, here's my Udyrfrykte. It appears for sure on worldgen, unless you get very very unlucky. I almost always see at least one.

First thing that comes to mind comparing to the xenomorph is that your lair... frequency, I think, is set to 50 instead of 100. Set it to 100. LARGE_PREDATOR and LARGE_ROAMING aren't used for Xenos, and while I don't know if those are needed, they don't hurt. Also no BONECARN, although once more I don't know if night creatures need that. There are also no spheres, maybe it needs one?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 04, 2014, 12:37:15 am »

There are also no spheres, maybe it needs one?
Good catch, thanks. I'll try that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 04, 2014, 11:01:09 am »

Hi, I'm looking to get into DF Modding again. What's changed raws wise  from .34 to .40? Are the old raws still compatible?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 04, 2014, 02:12:10 pm »

The raws have changed quite a bit. You're going to get worldgen crashes and large error logs if you try to use old raws. A quick rundown of the major changes:

Bodies have changed - Creatures now mostly have bodies with necks. Dwarves, for example, went from HUMANOID to HUMANOID_NECK. When updating a creature, check a similar stock creature whether they received necks. Fish, snakes, and insects are among the creatures without necks.

SPEED tags are no more - Creatures now have gaits. Most gaits are added to creatures via creature variations. The default creature variation file has an explanation how the gait tag works, and the notes subfolder has a file that equates various gait levels (as applied through creature variations) with real world speeds.

Personality tokens have changed - There are now more personality traits, and several have been renamed.

Plants (can) have growths now - flowers, leaves, fruit, nuts and so on have their own sets of tags. This also leads

Trees have changed - Trees now have various parameters for how they grow, what their tiles are named, and what their tiles look like. They also (can) have growths like other plants.

Entities have values now - They can value power, craftsmanship, cunning, nature, and other aspects, and entity members can have life dreams from them, or feeling conflicted about their values versus their personality.

Ideally, you should get a diff utility that can compare folders, and check the changes between versions. There's a lot of small things I didn't mention above - vision arcs, smells, odors... Also, look through the wiki pages on tokens.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 04, 2014, 07:37:12 pm »

Can I make a noble that bites people? I'd like to make a vampire-ish syndrome, given through bites. Can I make a noble that goes around and bites people?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 04, 2014, 07:44:44 pm »

You basically can't make a noble do anything that nobles don't already do in-game.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 04, 2014, 07:51:09 pm »

Hmm... Maybe make the hammerer use biting instead of hammering? I bet he'd just chew the dwarf to death though.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1019 on: September 04, 2014, 08:55:09 pm »

Hi, I'm looking to get into DF Modding again. What's changed raws wise  from .34 to .40? Are the old raws still compatible?
Here's relevant for-modding text files from me to you.

compiled list of changes to take into account

How to add sweat a spit to an animal

real-world animal speeds expressed as GAIT numbers

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 247