Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 312484 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1125 on: September 20, 2014, 05:16:40 pm »

I don't believe my war dogs gain any exp in fighter.
Make them [INTELLIGENT] or make it so that they [CAN_LEARN]
Possible side effects may include encountering <profession name> dogs in the world's towns.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 20, 2014, 06:01:52 pm »

I have my own mod,

having problems using the workflow plugin with some custom made reactions I borrowed from masterwork. Anyone know why I can't make wooden crafts as a repeating job in workflow?

"any craft of any material"

vs

"craft of any wood"

[REACTION:CRAFT_WOOD_CRAFTS]
[NAME:Make wooden crafts from 2 planks]
[BUILDING:WOODCUTTER:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M]
[REAGENT:A:2:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:IS_WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CRAFTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:WOODCRAFT]

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 21, 2014, 01:51:16 pm »

Is it possible to mod in the crematory workshop from the masterworks mod into 40.13, using the raws from 34.11 masterworks mod?

I tried to use the old crematorium workshop from 2010 back in 34.11 but it was a little wonky, dwarves only burned vermin while completely ignoring carcasses and assorted bodyparts.

I managed to implement the building itself, but it doesn't have any reactions, i made all of it's old MWDF reactions permitted within the entity_default.txt under mountain and added the tags:

[REACTION_CLASS:CREMATION]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CREMATION_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:FAT]

Into the sinew, nerve, cartilage, hair and feather template in the material_template.txt, i also removed all of the smoke reactions and the scrapwood reaction.

I really don't know what else to do.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 01:52:56 pm by gopp »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 21, 2014, 01:55:13 pm »

I was trying to make a drop from dragons, called large scales, which would be taken to a custom workshop, much like a leather workers, and made into armor as good as iron, but only four times as heavy as leather. Probably best put on markdwarves, but I've ran into a problem: the game won't recognize it. There's nothing in the errorlog about it just camp order missing or something like that. Arena mode has no large scale armor, or scale large which I checked for, in case it showed up backwards. Here are the inorganic and material template sections.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So what did I do wrong?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 21, 2014, 02:34:47 pm »

Since you didn't prove me wrong yet, faulty file formatting is my first guess.

Make sure the filenames follow the example set by the default files, along the lines of "material_template_*.txt" and check that they have the two header lines (filename and OBJECT:x token) at the top.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 21, 2014, 08:33:09 pm »

Fixed it myself. Disregard post.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:46:59 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 21, 2014, 10:09:21 pm »

Is it possible to mod in the crematory workshop from the masterworks mod into 40.13, using the raws from 34.11 masterworks mod?

I tried to use the old crematorium workshop from 2010 back in 34.11 but it was a little wonky, dwarves only burned vermin while completely ignoring carcasses and assorted bodyparts.

I managed to implement the building itself, but it doesn't have any reactions, i made all of it's old MWDF reactions permitted within the entity_default.txt under mountain and added the tags:

[REACTION_CLASS:CREMATION]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CREMATION_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:FAT]

Into the sinew, nerve, cartilage, hair and feather template in the material_template.txt, i also removed all of the smoke reactions and the scrapwood reaction.

I really don't know what else to do.

Are the reactions attached to the building?
About MWDF: there are 3 types of corpses: CORPSE, CORPSEPIECE, and REMAINS. REMAINS are vermin remains, CORPSE is w/upperbody, CORPSEPIECE is w/o upperbody. Does MWDF support all these types?

I was trying to make a drop from dragons, called large scales, which would be taken to a custom workshop, much like a leather workers, and made into armor as good as iron, but only four times as heavy as leather. Probably best put on markdwarves, but I've ran into a problem: the game won't recognize it. There's nothing in the errorlog about it just camp order missing or something like that. Arena mode has no large scale armor, or scale large which I checked for, in case it showed up backwards. Here are the inorganic and material template sections.

So what did I do wrong?
The fact that it isn't a metal could be preventing it in arena (wouldn't stop dwarf mode as long as they are usable in a reaction[and the items_x tags for metalsmith workshop); for metalsmith workshop is bars, etc). I am not certain it is the problem however.
Also the point of a template is to not have to restate things, so your template/inorganics entry together are redundant.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 21, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »

Can castes be made to have different colored tiles? Like, make a caste of dragons red and another caste green? I have [COLOR:x:x:x] tokens with the proper values in the respective castes but the game only uses the last token in the file for all tile colors.

If not then I suppose I'll have to make each caste its own creature.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 21, 2014, 10:22:52 pm »

[CASTE_COLOR:x:x:x]

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 21, 2014, 10:24:46 pm »

[CASTE_COLOR:x:x:x]
Well I'm smart.

Been a while since I did modding tho.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 21, 2014, 10:58:46 pm »

Can anyone tell me why this syndrome could be causing units afflicted to become incredibly weak, in the sense that carrying anything at all will make them extremely slow (when they're naked and not carrying anything, they go as fast as they should)?

Code: [Select]
                [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2:START:0:END:5000]
                [CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:5000:PERC_ON:100:START:0:END:5000]
                [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:5000:1000:AGILITY:5000:0:TOUGHNESS:5000:0:ENDURANCE:5000:0:RECUPERATION:5000:0:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:5000:0:START:0:END:5000]
                [CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:FOCUS:5000:0:WILLPOWER:5000:0:INTUITION:5000:0:SPATIAL_SENSE:5000:0:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:5000:0:START:0:END:5000]

EDIT: Well, it's definitely the strength change, but why? It's just a 5000% change, which means that units afflicted are liable to only have about 177,000 strength...

EDIT 2: Any strength above 2,512,195 will cause the problem I'm having, but there is absolutely no reason for that strength to cause that.

There is reason for me to panic over this, though. Aaaaahhhhh.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:08:34 pm by Putnam »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 21, 2014, 11:29:05 pm »

Can the interactions in interaction examples folder be referenced by tokens in the raws, or will that require copying the example interactions to interaction_standard? Want to make a dragon caste I made capable of raising the dead.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 21, 2014, 11:51:16 pm »

You have to copy them, since the interactions in the examples folder are, in fact, examples.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 22, 2014, 12:46:00 am »

Hopefully last question tonight. Am I doing this interaction right?
Wiki mentioned being able to grant the interaction to those effected by it via a syndrome with the same CDI tags. I like the thought of a dragon's undead slaves being powerful enough to raise dead themselves. More fun. So, that's what I'm trying to do with that last CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION part. Not sure if that's right. Not sure if it'd work with undead either, since the current reanimation interaction forbids NOT_LIVING from using it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 22, 2014, 12:49:27 am »

CAN_DO_INTERACTION:RASIE_CORPSE_DRAGONTHRALL

You forgot about [CDI:INTERACTION:RAISE_CORPSE_DRAGONTHRALL] under the CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION.

You should probably also add a duration to that CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION (CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0).
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 247