Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 312362 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1200 on: September 30, 2014, 09:09:38 pm »

Somewhere I made DF throw a fit - viewing the description of skeletons makes the game freeze up, but only when you're playing as one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

what does your error log say? I'm surprised that trying to select a material/tissue "BONE" before you set it in the creature [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS/TISSUES] I also don't see where you apply any of the tissues, other than the nails.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: September 30, 2014, 09:19:08 pm »

what does your error log say? I'm surprised that trying to select a material/tissue "BONE" before you set it in the creature [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS/TISSUES] I also don't see where you apply any of the tissues, other than the nails.
He's making a (nearly) all bone creature so other probably tissues won't be applied.

Somewhere I made DF throw a fit - viewing the description of skeletons makes the game freeze up, but only when you're playing as one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The order things are referenced in the raws do matter. So move the bone selection and placement below the body and tissue lines (you are currently selecting a tissue that doesn't yet exist to fill in a body that is not yet specified to the game).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: September 30, 2014, 09:24:44 pm »

I would have assumed it is all bone due to being a skeleton, however I see nowhere where the body parts are getting tissue applied

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL:FRONT]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_HEAD_POSITIONS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RELSIZES]

other than the nail tissue on fingers and toes.

So yes order of events are wrong.

and if he wants just bone it is best to only add in the bone material and tissues to reference it, and in most cases better to make the tissues reference other creatures that this "skeleton" would be resembling, less materials for DF to map and worry about.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 30, 2014, 09:40:47 pm »

Me thinks he and pisskop meant to use [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BONE] as it is meant to be fully made of bone.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 01, 2014, 07:25:14 am »

After some reorganization, it no longer crashes. Checking the error log, it says something about there being no material thickness still.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 01, 2014, 10:14:28 am »

After some reorganization, it no longer crashes. Checking the error log, it says something about there being no material thickness still.
Replace Pisskop's code with this:
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BONE]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL]
[TL_VASCULAR:0]
I've actually tested in the arena. It works. Is all bone all the time.  :P
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 01, 2014, 11:42:50 am »

Me thinks he and pisskop meant to use [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BONE] as it is meant to be fully made of bone.
That is what I have been saying the whole time, but trying to explain the error of his ways so he knows what to do next time.

Code: [Select]
[PREFSTRING:visible bones]
[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:HUMANOID_JOINTS:NECK:SPINE:SKULL:MOUTH:5FINGERS:5TOES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE] -- Add only bone
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE] -- Bone tissue only uses BONE material by default
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL] -- Your vascular change
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_TYPE:ALL:BONE]
[TL_VASCULAR:0]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BONE] -- apply bone to all parts
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE] -- add nails over the bone and front of fingers and toes
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL:FRONT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]

if they are only made of bone and nothing else, only add and use it. Adding more materials and having them sit there doing nothing will just clog up lists.

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 01, 2014, 01:19:51 pm »

Can I copy/paste custom 34.11 creatures into 40.XX? Are there any crucial changes I need to make?
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 01, 2014, 01:22:48 pm »

Can I copy/paste custom 34.11 creatures into 40.XX? Are there any crucial changes I need to make?

Attack prepare and recover times, the SPEED and SWIM_SPEED tokens are gone and replaced with the GAIT token (see humans for examples on how they're usually applied, I.E with creature variations), odors were added, low light vision was added, sixth-sense was added (sensing creatures of certain types through walls, that is)

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 01, 2014, 01:28:39 pm »

If I leave these out, will DF just use the default values?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:43:00 pm by Prudent Viper »
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 01, 2014, 02:50:36 pm »

Gaits, no, but for the rest, yes.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 01, 2014, 02:56:38 pm »

Gaits, no, but for the rest, yes.
What happens if no GAIT is defined at all?  That might answer this question from earlier...
So I've noticed something upsetting about the [IMMOBILE] tag. Namely, creatures who have it won't move, just as intended, but they also won't take any sort of offensive action whatsoever. They're completely passive no matter the circumstances, happily taking all manner of abuse despite a plethora of available attacks which are fully usable when under direct player control.

My question is, does anybody have any workarounds? To either make a creature with [IMMOBILE] attack or to render a creature immobile by some other means? I use these sorts of turret-like creatures in my mod, and this new kink in DF2014 is the only thing keeping me from porting it.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 01, 2014, 03:35:59 pm »

What happens is that the creature can only walk at the breezy pace of 1000, or crawl at 333.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 01, 2014, 08:09:42 pm »

For some reason, despite putting what you (very helpful) people showed me, losing fingers/toes and possibly other body parts results in the creature bleeding a material that isn't there at all; bleeding vacuum, I suppose. It's not related only to nails, since slicing off the foot of a skeleton causes said vacuum to leak out. It seems to be inconsequential, but it adds unnecessary detail. I may or may not have done something wrong.
I also assume skeletons being horribly weak to dragonfire being intended, given that they're solid bone with no homeotherm?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 01, 2014, 08:16:00 pm »

I am apologetic for giving you the wrong tokens before.  You should starting with a standard creature and those tags given to see if you can solve the bleeding issue.  As I was saying before there were only bodyparts flying around when I gave humans the tokens and iron swords.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 247