Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313745 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1215 on: October 01, 2014, 08:30:33 pm »

What is the upper limit for the [BODY_SIZE] token?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 01, 2014, 08:40:50 pm »

Don't think there is a limit, as far as I know.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 01, 2014, 08:50:10 pm »

For some reason, despite putting what you (very helpful) people showed me, losing fingers/toes and possibly other body parts results in the creature bleeding a material that isn't there at all; bleeding vacuum, I suppose. It's not related only to nails, since slicing off the foot of a skeleton causes said vacuum to leak out. It seems to be inconsequential, but it adds unnecessary detail. I may or may not have done something wrong.
I also assume skeletons being horribly weak to dragonfire being intended, given that they're solid bone with no homeotherm?
Have you noticed any puddles of said vacuum or is it that it says the creature is bleeding? If a tissue has any vascular value and is damaged beyond bruising it 'bleeds' an amount based on vascular value. If vascular value is 0, it doesn't bleed but still displays the status. (Based on extensive shenanigans in 34.x).

The way to disable this is to fully redefine the tissue without the vascular token.
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:BONE]
[TISSUE_NAME:bone:NP] Whether it has a plural depends on exact part
[STRUCTURAL]
[CONNECTIVE_TISSUE_ANCHOR]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:2]
[HEALING_RATE:1000]
VASCULAR:3 -----removing brackets is a method of commenting out a token
[PAIN_RECEPTORS:50]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[SETTABLE]
[SPLINTABLE]
Also note that nails do not have a vascular token normally which is why having your nails smashed in vanilla doesn't cause bleeding. Also, dragonfire is the bane of existence to everything that isn't [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]. Even creatures that are fixed at a certain temperature aren't immune.

If this link is accurate, the max size for raw creatures is 100,000,000. 2,147,483,647 is a limit that comes from variable types. (((2^32)/2)-1)
Also, body size is a volume - it is in cm^3. For standard material creatures, you can sort of substitute weight (grams).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 01, 2014, 08:56:13 pm »

If this link is accurate, the max size for raw creatures is 100,000,000. 2,147,483,647 is a limit that comes from variable types. (((2^32)/2)-1)
Also, body size is a volume - it is in cm^3. For standard material creatures, you can sort of substitute weight (grams).
I now know more than I did before. I stand corrected.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 02, 2014, 01:58:09 am »

Not quite a modding question, more about a mod.. Rendermax.. How is it that I've looked through tons of DF screenshots and LPs and haven't seen any featuring crazy DF lighting til today?!

Was wondering if someone who knew could fill me in on it.. Is it TWBT reliant? Is there an up-to-date mod that only adds lamps/light sources to vanilla DF? Could something similar be added (by Toady) to vanilla or is it impossible?? I saw it in action on a MDF fort story thread and I've never seen anything so terrifyingly beautiful in my life :D Regular DF needs colored light sources badly now that I've seen.. the light..

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 02, 2014, 02:05:08 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=29.0

Anyway, Rendermax, last I checked, is mutually incompatible with TWBT, so the opposite of reliant. That may have changed. Rendermax itself has some light sources. Toady could do it, but I don't exactly know why.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 02, 2014, 06:09:22 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=29.0

Anyway, Rendermax, last I checked, is mutually incompatible with TWBT, so the opposite of reliant. That may have changed. Rendermax itself has some light sources. Toady could do it, but I don't exactly know why.
Actually it's not that incompatible. I've seen people using and reporting some bugs that mifki later fixed (very impresive i might add). Though i'm a bit out of the loop lately.

My guess is that people already have too low fps and rendermax lowers fps (though we tried to make it use more threads to help with that). Good news that it's a graphical thing so it does not directly depend on game logic and you can tweak things with gfps.
Also there are tons of features to continue rendermax development (both in performance and visual appearance). hopefully someday i'll return to it and make it more impresive. :)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 02, 2014, 09:26:45 am »

For some reason, despite putting what you (very helpful) people showed me, losing fingers/toes and possibly other body parts results in the creature bleeding a material that isn't there at all; bleeding vacuum, I suppose. It's not related only to nails, since slicing off the foot of a skeleton causes said vacuum to leak out. It seems to be inconsequential, but it adds unnecessary detail. I may or may not have done something wrong.
I also assume skeletons being horribly weak to dragonfire being intended, given that they're solid bone with no homeotherm?
Have you noticed any puddles of said vacuum or is it that it says the creature is bleeding? If a tissue has any vascular value and is damaged beyond bruising it 'bleeds' an amount based on vascular value. If vascular value is 0, it doesn't bleed but still displays the status. (Based on extensive shenanigans in 34.x).

The way to disable this is to fully redefine the tissue without the vascular token.
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:BONE]
[TISSUE_NAME:bone:NP] Whether it has a plural depends on exact part
[STRUCTURAL]
[CONNECTIVE_TISSUE_ANCHOR]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:2]
[HEALING_RATE:1000]
VASCULAR:3 -----removing brackets is a method of commenting out a token
[PAIN_RECEPTORS:50]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[SETTABLE]
[SPLINTABLE]
Also note that nails do not have a vascular token normally which is why having your nails smashed in vanilla doesn't cause bleeding. Also, dragonfire is the bane of existence to everything that isn't [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]. Even creatures that are fixed at a certain temperature aren't immune.

I suspected that about dragonfire - Fallens and Risens only survive because they're 1. solid metal and 2. [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER].
As for the tissue redefinition, I'll do so once I get to my DF computer, which is currently not available. Thanks.
The vacuum seems to cause no puddles, since the only blood around was that of the human that was being pulverized. It just said things like "His right upper arm is dripping Skeleton 1's . or something to that effect.

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 02, 2014, 11:54:55 am »

Could adding [NATURAL_SKILL:SNEAK:x] to grey langurs cause them to sneak into your fortress? Like Gremlins do?
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 02, 2014, 02:45:06 pm »

I believe that is caused by [MISCHIEVOUS], though [NATURAL_SKILL:SNEAK:x] would help them sneak around undetected.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 02, 2014, 05:45:23 pm »

I believe that is caused by [MISCHIEVOUS], though [NATURAL_SKILL:SNEAK:x] would help them sneak around undetected.
Pity. I was hoping for ninja keas. I wonder what happens if a creature has both the [CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM] and [MISCHIEVOUS] tags...
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 03, 2014, 09:15:40 am »

Pity. I was hoping for ninja keas. I wonder what happens if a creature has both the [CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM] and [MISCHIEVOUS] tags...
Most likely?

They would show up both as wild animals and as mischievous lever pullers.  Separately.  You would get your annual Autumn raiding party and also get your flying ninja cage-openers and lever pullers.  Keep an eye out for when they get most active.

I do know that giving kobolds mischievous has given them new nuisance, and a few even get inside to pull levers in the same room as the dangerous ones.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:17:35 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 03, 2014, 10:57:36 pm »

I'm making my first ever creature, but I can't even spawn it in arena so I'm unsure of what to do. Any file-nullifying rookie mistakes that could be the problem?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everything's in the news today

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 03, 2014, 10:58:50 pm »

You forgot [OBJECT:CREATURE]

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 03, 2014, 11:01:52 pm »

that was incredibly fast. Thanks, and sorry for making such a dumb mistake. OFF TO THE ARENA

edit: for some odd reason the blood disappears after the creature dies?
except in the pictures, some spatterings stayed....? this is confusing.

here are the raws

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:27:27 pm by cyberTripping »
Everything's in the news today
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 247