Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313719 times)

Featheredragon

• Bay Watcher
  • If someone says they are sane, then they're crazy.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1260 on: October 14, 2014, 10:19:35 pm »

I tried to make a reaction to allow ceramic weaponry but all I get is a weapon with what appears to be no material (Item shows up a just +Spear+ and so on) Also out of many projectile reactions I have all I got was the javelin reaction; which gave a random ammo item (also with no material). Not on my personal computer at the moment; so I recreated the javelin reaction for you.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_CERAMIC_JAVELIN]
[NAME:make ceramic tipped javelins (10)]
[BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_J]
[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:10:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_JAVELINS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:POTTERY]

Another question; I borrowed the forcesiege script from MW but all I get are caravans. And rendermax does not work> What do.

Any advice is highly appreciated. I like to get !!FUN!! started as soon as possible considering my computer crashes on morrowind, and most other games with graphics.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 14, 2014, 11:53:48 pm »

You have a superfluous NONE.

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 16, 2014, 03:22:54 am »

I have several modded creatures I want to test out, but they simply will not show up in arena mode! I put the .txt files on the raws/objects folder, and I know the client is reading them in some capacity as i still get errorlogs from these creatures - they simply won't show up on the list of creatures to spawn when i use the 'k-c' command. What am I doing wrong? I've managed to iron out all the individual bugs from the creatures themselves, the game just refuses to acknowledge them it seems!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 16, 2014, 03:28:08 am »

Are you searching for the caste name instead of the creature name?

Do they have [ARENA_RESTRICTED] (okay, probably not, but always a good check)

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 16, 2014, 03:32:58 am »

No caste names, just the creature name itself - is that something that could cause problems?

EDIT: That was it, I forgot the [CASTE_NAME] token at the very beginning. Doi!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:41:24 am by Ladygolem »

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 16, 2014, 02:28:44 pm »

What's the difference between a fruit having the [GROWTH_HAS_SEEDS] token and the fruit material having the [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED_MAT] token? Different plants in the raws have one ir both tokens.
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 16, 2014, 02:47:17 pm »

There is no relation in the game's logic between those two things. The first means that the fruit contains seeds, the second means that using the fruit in a reaction that generates seeds will make seeds. The first one doesn't cause that.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 16, 2014, 03:12:04 pm »

There is no relation in the game's logic between those two things. The first means that the fruit contains seeds, the second means that using the fruit in a reaction that generates seeds will make seeds. The first one doesn't cause that.
So the first one produces seeds from eating the raw fruit?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 16, 2014, 03:19:50 pm »

Plump helmets only have the [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT] tag. Why do they give seeds when eaten?
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 16, 2014, 04:34:29 pm »

Those are not fruit. Plump helmets are the whole damn thing.

If you could somehow stuff an entire oak tree down a dwarf's throat, he'd spit out acorns just the same.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 16, 2014, 06:48:36 pm »

Plump helmets only have the [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT] tag. Why do they give seeds when eaten?

Plump helmets are not growths, they're mushrooms eaten/brewed whole.

Yewl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 16, 2014, 10:07:47 pm »

Hello, just a quick question. Is it at all possible to use sites such as sewers or tombs as lairs, or is the [LAIR] token strictly limited to SIMPLE_BURROW, SIMPLE_MOUND etc?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 17, 2014, 06:54:03 am »

LAIR is strictly limited to SIMPLE_BURROW, SIMPLE_MOUND, WILDERNESS_LOCATION, SHRINE, and LABYRINTH.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yewl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 17, 2014, 06:22:38 pm »

Alright, thank you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 19, 2014, 10:26:03 am »

Just checking here before I ask in FotF or perhaps make a suggestion, is it possible to make an interation (like spitting or crying, but could potentially be anything) trigger on a specific emotion like anger or sadness?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 247