Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 310161 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1275 on: October 19, 2014, 01:30:37 pm »

This isn't currently possible. Emotion-based usage hints for interactions are on Toady's radar, however. You could have a creature secrete a material when undergoing extreme emotion with a contact syndrome applying the interaction, but that is any extreme emotion.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 19, 2014, 04:31:58 pm »

This isn't currently possible. Emotion-based usage hints for interactions are on Toady's radar, however. You could have a creature secrete a material when undergoing extreme emotion with a contact syndrome applying the interaction, but that is any extreme emotion.

My thought has been pretty much asked already in a FotF question then, thanks.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 19, 2014, 07:39:32 pm »

Question: If I were defining a creature to use wood as a body material in the same way a bronze colossus uses bronze, would the tag be [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:INORGANIC:WOOD] or am I using the INORGANIC wrong?

Additionally, how would I set it up so that elves could use these creatures in sieges?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 19, 2014, 07:41:55 pm »

Wood is an organic material. You'd need to either define a "creature wood" material based on the wood template, or [USE_PLANT_MAT:] tags.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 19, 2014, 07:52:54 pm »

So you're saying it should be [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:USE_PLANT_MAT:WOOD] or just [USE_PLANT_MAT:WOOD] (or something along these lines)?

Hmm. Looking at the plump helmet man raws. It uses [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PH_TISSUE:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]. STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE is in the same .txt file as the wood template. Guess I could just use the same syntax.

If [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:(insert whatever name here, probably WOOD):WOOD] doesn't work I'll probably come back.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 19, 2014, 10:40:07 pm »

So you're saying it should be [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:USE_PLANT_MAT:WOOD] or just [USE_PLANT_MAT:WOOD] (or something along these lines)?

Hmm. Looking at the plump helmet man raws. It uses [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PH_TISSUE:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]. STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE is in the same .txt file as the wood template. Guess I could just use the same syntax.

If [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:(insert whatever name here, probably WOOD):WOOD] doesn't work I'll probably come back.

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:BRONZE]
[TISSUE_NAME:bronze:bronze]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
would become
[TISSUE:BRONZE]
[TISSUE_NAME:bronze:bronze]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:PLANT_MAT:OAK:WOOD]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

If you wanted to make them out of oak wood. If you wanted them to have their own wood type you'd likely use [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE] and have to make the above tissue_material say
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:WOOD]

Additionally, how would I set it up so that elves could use these creatures in sieges?
If you mean like goblins and trolls it'll probably require them to allow slavery. If elf skirmishers/attacks actually do bring animals this version just make them PET or PET_EXOTIC.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 20, 2014, 07:46:21 am »

delete this post
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:14:55 am by Vorox »
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 22, 2014, 05:40:46 am »

How well do interactions work during world gen? I'm thinking of reworking vampires for a mod, and what I'm thinking of would require interactions to work properly during world gen.

Essentially, the first vampires would be cursed by the gods, just like it works now. After this, I would like their bites to transmit the syndrome much like werebeast bites do. However, there should only be a chance for them to transmit it, so I would be using PROB:X, but I have no idea whether this works during world gen or not.

Another question that comes to mind is: will armed people ever bite? If so, approximately how often does this happen?

On werebeasts:
Would it be possible to give (non-vanilla) werebeasts skill boosts? I guess attribute boosts could work, but I'm not sure how well a werebeast with superhuman agility would dodge if they're a dabbling dodger... Also, is it possible to make werebeasts turn a while after they engage in combat? How would I go about giving them an interaction that can only target themselves that would turn them into werebeasts after a certain delay? This could be exploited by adventuring players though, as long as they are don't get caught off-guard.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 22, 2014, 06:15:28 am »

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but can anyone give me an example of a custom reaction?
Preferably one that tans skins and gives you leather? I'm a dabbling modder, but I only understand how to change civs and stuff.

Hasse

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining Dwarf, always mines, nothing else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 22, 2014, 06:30:43 am »

Why can't i make this creature show up in my arena mode?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 22, 2014, 07:19:00 am »

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but can anyone give me an example of a custom reaction?
Preferably one that tans skins and gives you leather? I'm a dabbling modder, but I only understand how to change civs and stuff.

Vanilla DF actually comes with a non-hardcoded reaction for tanning leather.

[REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE]
[NAME:tan a hide]
[BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_T]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]

In the product, if you want to use the reagent's material itself, use NONE instead of a reaction product class (TAN_MAT in this example).

[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:TAN_MAT]
[SKILL:TANNER]
[AUTOMATIC]

Code: (explanation) [Select]
[REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE] <- Reaction RAW name. Doesn't show up in-game
[NAME:tan a hide] <- In-game name
[BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_T] <- Which building to use
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN] <- Specifies what can be used as a reagent.
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT] | In this case, it uses 1 unit of anything that has is a body component,
| isn't rotten and has the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT tag with the value TAN_MAT.
| The vanilla material template SKIN_TEMPLATE has this tag with the specified value, so essentially any vanilla skins
| (and any modded skins that use the SKIN_TEMPLATE) will be tannable.
| It's still restricted by hard-coded stuff such as sentient creatures being unbutcherable afaik.

[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:TAN_MAT] <- The product. In this case, it has a 100% chance of creating 1 tanned skin, with some data from the reagent.
[SKILL:TANNER] <- Skill used
[AUTOMATIC] <- I believe this means you don't have to assign the jobs manually, jobs will be assigned automatically.

Edit: Hasse, I took a look at the creature and I just can't seem to get it to work. It doesn't even generate any errors, which makes it even more frustrating...
At first, I found that you wrote [MAXAGE:1000:2000: instead of [MAXAGE:1000:2000], but changing that didn't do anything. I tried comparing it to the flesh ball creature, and I looked up whether all the body parts referenced existed or not, and it all seemed find. Sorry mate, hopefully someone else can help. :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:55:41 am by TheDorf »
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 22, 2014, 07:32:35 am »

Thanks, but the reactions I want are for Adventure Mode. (Crafting, making bolts, or even making my own guns if I get good enough)

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 22, 2014, 08:28:30 am »

Thanks, but the reactions I want are for Adventure Mode. (Crafting, making bolts, or even making my own guns if I get good enough)

Put the following into a .txt file called reaction_adv in the RAWs folder. If you don't want it to require a dagger, simply remove [REAGENT:B:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]. :)
reaction_adv

[OBJECT:REACTION]

[REACTION:ADV_TAN_A_HIDE]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[NAME:tan a hide]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]
[REAGENT:B:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:TAN_MAT]
[SKILL:TANNER]

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 22, 2014, 09:24:40 am »

Thanks! I should be able to learn enough from this. Quick question, though, what's tan_mat do?

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 22, 2014, 09:36:18 am »

Tested the reaction by attempting to kill a bowman to use his skin for leather. I got six arrows in the chest, one in the arm, and died. And right above my death line was "Greetings En. Long live the cause!"
!!!SCIENCE!!! Fail
And the tan skin "create" option didn't show up at all, not like the make sharp rock thing which is always there. I did ^ just to see if the option only appeared if the reagents were present in my inventory. I'll assume it doesn't.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 247