Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 310150 times)

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1380 on: October 28, 2014, 08:35:40 pm »

On the subject of werebeast transformations, would this code make it so it's possible to contract werewolfism from drinking werewolf blood?

Code: [Select]
[BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:RESERVED_BLOOD:START:0]
[CE:INTERACTION:WERECURSE]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INGESTED]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INJECTED]
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 28, 2014, 08:36:30 pm »

Of course, the real purpose of this post is to make sure ArK knows I'm a different person.
No issue there.  :D

I agree that is important. I really messed up back there.

One problem with the Internet is that it's hard to write an apology that sounds genuine (since you can't read a persons tone of voice or body language) I just hope Ark sees the sincerity in this and that he understands how much respect I have for him for analyzing the .dat files for you just because you needed some help.
Thanks. Am happy to help.

A little note here. If you give werebeasts genders, then the default interaction turns the victim into a toad. I got around this by giving werewolves two interactions. One per gender.
It is also possible to do this with 1 interaction. You can do 2 I_TARGET set ups (say A and B) with IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:CREATURE:CASTE for all female castes you want to be valid to transform into a female werebeast.
Less work to use IT_AFFECTED_CLASS and a CREATURE_CLASS for all potentially affected genders (like CREATURE_CLASS:FEMALE for intelligent female castes and IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:FEMALE for the female half of the interaction). I would cap it off with a third I_TARGET that specifically can't target those classes and transforms into a genderless werebeast caste so other creature mods can enjoy werebeasting as well.

You might be able to get away with 1 ADD_SYNDROME but I am unwilling to try it.

fakeedit: Too much ninja. Will just post.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 28, 2014, 09:08:25 pm »

*Double Posting for Length and Content*
On the subject of werebeast transformations, would this code make it so it's possible to contract werewolfism from drinking werewolf blood?

[BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:RESERVED_BLOOD:START:0]
[CE:INTERACTION:WERECURSE]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INGESTED]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INJECTED]
Be warned that it is a little buggy (which is one reason it can be so difficult to become a vampire in adv) and I'm not sure whether it would apply to only the non-werewolf form or not. Unfortunately it won't show up properly in Legends mode unless you have an [I_SOURCE:INGESTION] in the interaction with relative IS_HIST_STRING_s (see vampire example).
If you want drinking blood from the werebeast itself to spread the curse you are likely better off dropping
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0:END:9000]---Possibility to use this reaction ends after around a week(?), don't want them to spam it pointlessly
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Name here please]
[CDI:INTERACTION:WEREBEASTCURSEID]---interaction id
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]---duplicate as necessary if you have more IE_TARGETs
[CDI:FREE_ACTION]
something like this directly under [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] to apply a syndrome to eaters/drinkers of the blood to apply the interaction. This certainly won't appear in Legends though [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION] with the HIST_STRINGS might work (don't know).
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 28, 2014, 10:54:26 pm »

Would it be possible for the blood to grant multiple separate syndromes?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 28, 2014, 10:57:52 pm »

Oui. Just takes some extra typing.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 29, 2014, 12:57:09 am »

Why does this interaction have a habit of targeting the caster?
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Assimilate]
[CDI:INTERACTION:WERECURSE_MALE]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:25]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK:TOUCHABLE]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:are growing hair. Suddenly your mind fills with thoughts of enlarging the pack:is growing hair]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:20]

I thank you guys for being patient with me.

SHIFTKEYGIRL

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 29, 2014, 02:55:17 am »

Quick question: Does the reproduction of egg-laying creatures when they're the creatures of Fortress Mode, or do they need to give live birth as Dwarves do in order to work? Just trying to get Kobolds working.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 29, 2014, 04:05:04 am »

[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Assimilate]
[CDI:INTERACTION:WERECURSE_MALE]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:25]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK:TOUCHABLE]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:are growing hair. Suddenly your mind fills with thoughts of enlarging the pack:is growing hair]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:20]

It may be because you have TOUCHABLE in the usage hint. Touchable only works for TARGET_RANGE.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 29, 2014, 04:56:14 am »

I thank you guys for being patient with me.
KK, I'm guessing that is supposed to be used by the werebeast and is in the creature as a usable interaction. Don't use START:X in that context (it works in my examples as it is a syndrome effect), put the interaction ID there instead and remove the CDI:INTERACTION line. Assuming you are cross verifying with the interaction examples and wiki(link to relevant page) follow tentacles' corrections.

Quick question: Does the reproduction of egg-laying creatures when they're the creatures of Fortress Mode, or do they need to give live birth as Dwarves do in order to work? Just trying to get Kobolds working.
It will work but it has some caveats.
I swear with how often this sort of question comes up Greiger has become the forumite I have searched most. It boggles the mind  ???
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 29, 2014, 09:59:01 am »

still doesn't give the raws of the interaction.

anyway, any advice to create a syndrome/interaction that activates on the full moon like werewolf transformations?
A little note here. If you give werebeasts genders, then the default interaction turns the victim into a toad. I got around this by giving werewolves two interactions. One per gender.

Of course, the real purpose of this post is to make sure ArK knows I'm a different person.
Actually, I've never seen the two of you at the same time.  Always at least ten minutes between when one of you posts and the other.  How long does it take to transition into a WereExpert? :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 29, 2014, 02:56:22 pm »

still doesn't give the raws of the interaction.

anyway, any advice to create a syndrome/interaction that activates on the full moon like werewolf transformations?

Actually, I've never seen the two of you at the same time.  Always at least ten minutes between when one of you posts and the other.  How long does it take to transition into a WereExpert? :)
Since "were" means man, are you implying that experts are not human(or just female)?

Number7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 30, 2014, 01:25:49 am »

Hey guys,

i wanted to ask in this thread how i get into DF modding. Especially on adding in new races and that sort of thing, similiar to fortress defense mod from the old 0.34 days. I'd love to add that kind of stuff into my games if i can get it all working, especially since 0.40 is the latest and greatest but fortress defense isnt compatible.

I'd also love to try making new weapons, items etc for fort mode, just want to really have a good experiment with it all. where's the best resource to learn how to do these? inspired after i fiddled around in the raws for a while before and changed a few things to do with dragons and figured it would be fun to try messing around with other things.

thanks!

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 30, 2014, 01:06:07 pm »

I have a weak (2.2 GHz Intel Pentium T4400) processor and I'm looking for population limiter. Is there any tool to limit population of trolls in Dark fortress etc. ?
(no population cap  limiter but population in ONE fortress/pic/city etc. )

BTW: Is there any mod that can let the world be active and pass through time after playing ?
(I mean - > I want to create the world -> stop the creation - > be an adventurer for about one year and let the world pass through time again for for example 40 years...)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:12:07 pm by Tilogour »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 30, 2014, 04:31:07 pm »

I have a weak (2.2 GHz Intel Pentium T4400) processor and I'm looking for population limiter. Is there any tool to limit population of trolls in Dark fortress etc. ?
(no population cap  limiter but population in ONE fortress/pic/city etc. )
I don't think so.
BTW: Is there any mod that can let the world be active and pass through time after playing ?
(I mean - > I want to create the world -> stop the creation - > be an adventurer for about one year and let the world pass through time again for for example 40 years...)
There isn't anything like that yet, but fort mode passes time similar to world gen (some problems, like site battles are always wins for the invader because actual resistance isn't coded yet).
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 247