Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313700 times)

jax3639

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_BARE_HANDS]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1425 on: November 04, 2014, 12:38:04 pm »

I want to make a bird lay gems. How would I go about this?
I'm not 100% sure, but try this,

replace the normal egg laying things:
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]   
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]

with something like this:
[EGG_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:DIAMOND_CLEAR:SOLID]   

I used clear diamonds as an example, of course, but you can replace that with any gem.
Then again I neither tested this nor have ever tried something like this before so I'm pretty much guessing.

CE_SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS
Hmm...So I can't detect creatures with certain tags or creatures which lack a certain tag, like a psychic sense shows everything that doesn't have [NO_THOUGHT] for example?

A way to work around this would be to add multiple class to the creature in question
find every creature with a tag like [NO_THOUGHT] and add something along the lines of [CREATURE_CLASS:NO_THOUGHT] (you can add infinite classes to creatures)

then use [SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS:START:0:CLASS:NO_THOUGHT:15:4:0:1]
and BOOM! now you have the ability to see creatures with [NO_THOUGHT] through walls
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:14:26 pm by jax3639 »
The bag weighs twice my dwarf right now, containing nothin but guts, vomit, and a dead kobold.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 04, 2014, 12:42:29 pm »

[LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:DIAMOND_CLEAR] gives usable uncut gems. Replacing ROUGH with SMALLGEM gives you normal cut gems, and GEM gives you large cut gems.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: November 04, 2014, 12:44:18 pm »

I want to make a bird lay gems. How would I go about this?
I'm not 100% sure, but try this,

replace the normal egg laying things:
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]   
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]

with something like this:
[EGG_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:DIAMOND_CLEAR:SOLID]   

I used clear diamonds as an example, of course, but you can replace that with any gem.
Then again I neither tested this nor have ever tried something like this before so I'm pretty much guessing.

That might work if you want the eggs to be made of diamonds, while being unusable for gem-related jobs. It may even be edible too, but I'm not certain on that.

If you want them to lay actual gems, try using this:
Code: [Select]
[LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:DIAMOND_CLEAR]This will create uncut clear diamonds.

Edit: Ninja'd

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 04, 2014, 12:44:59 pm »

[LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:DIAMOND_CLEAR] gives usable uncut gems. Replacing ROUGH with SMALLGEM gives you normal cut gems, and GEM gives you large cut gems.
Ah, ninja'd.  In the case of an extra butcher object, the gem comes out with no cut/shape/quality.  Does that happen here, or does it somehow pick up those attributes at random?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 04, 2014, 12:50:03 pm »

I suspect it'll come out shapeless as well, unfortunately. (I've been meaning to compose a suggestion to consolidate how the raws refer to items, but I keep putting it off, since even then, there need to be special cases.)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 04, 2014, 03:37:55 pm »

Did I do this diamond-laying bird right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 04, 2014, 03:48:14 pm »

How would I go about making a special food type, such as canned food and sausages, that can only be made using special reactions(instead of just adding, say, ITEM_FOOD_CANNED)?
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 04, 2014, 06:05:05 pm »

Also, how would I be able to give a creature the ability to sense all creatures that have(or lack) a certain tag without sight or hearing?

I have no idea whether or not it is possible in adventure mode, but it is defiantly possible in fort mode, but only with the following tags BLOODSUCKER, CAN_LEARN, CAN_SPEAK, CRAZED, EXTRAVISION, LIKES_FIGHTING (or LIKESFIGHTING), MISCHIEVOUS (or MISCHIEVIOUS), NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT, NO_DIZZINESS, NO_DRINK, NO_EAT, NO_FEVERS, NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN, NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST, NO_SLEEP, NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT, NOBREATHE, NOEMOTION, NOEXERT, NOFEAR, NONAUSEA, NOPAIN, NOSTUN, NOT_LIVING, NOTHOUGHT, OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, PARALYZEIMMUNE, SUPERNATURAL, TRANCES, UTTERANCES

What you do is that you make an interaction that has [IT_REQUIRES:one of the above mentioned tags]. Let's take NOTHOUGHT. you can then use the CDI tag [CDI:VERB:N/A:has detected a creature with no sight:N/A].

So what happened here is that in fort mode when the creature comes within range (range is defined by CDI:TARGET_RANGE ) of a creature with the NOTHOUGHT tag it will display the message "creaturename has detected a creature with NOTHOUGHT"

unfortunately you won't know what it is, or where it is, you will only know that it is somewhere in range and the AI won't know anything. It is possible to figure out what it is by using CDI:TARGET_VERB but, I don't know how the verbs tokens actually work so I don't want to talk about them too much.

here is a link where you can do more reading http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Interaction_token

I hope this helped.

The reason why I had my doubts about adventurer mode is because in adventure mode you have to activate your interactions and select your target and I don't know whether the game will allow you to do that if they can't see the target.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 04, 2014, 07:30:11 pm »

That's not really sensing.

Also, holy shit, LIKESFIGHTING can still be used in interactions? If so, great, you can use that for mutually exclusive crap... though not much.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 04, 2014, 07:52:07 pm »

Also, how would I be able to give a creature the ability to sense all creatures that have(or lack) a certain tag without sight or hearing?

I have no idea whether or not it is possible in adventure mode, but it is defiantly possible in fort mode, but only with the following tags BLOODSUCKER, CAN_LEARN, CAN_SPEAK, CRAZED, EXTRAVISION, LIKES_FIGHTING (or LIKESFIGHTING), MISCHIEVOUS (or MISCHIEVIOUS), NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT, NO_DIZZINESS, NO_DRINK, NO_EAT, NO_FEVERS, NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN, NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST, NO_SLEEP, NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT, NOBREATHE, NOEMOTION, NOEXERT, NOFEAR, NONAUSEA, NOPAIN, NOSTUN, NOT_LIVING, NOTHOUGHT, OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, PARALYZEIMMUNE, SUPERNATURAL, TRANCES, UTTERANCES

What you do is that you make an interaction that has [IT_REQUIRES:one of the above mentioned tags]. Let's take NOTHOUGHT. you can then use the CDI tag [CDI:VERB:N/A:has detected a creature with no sight:N/A].

So what happened here is that in fort mode when the creature comes within range (range is defined by CDI:TARGET_RANGE ) of a creature with the NOTHOUGHT tag it will display the message "creaturename has detected a creature with NOTHOUGHT"

unfortunately you won't know what it is, or where it is, you will only know that it is somewhere in range and the AI won't know anything. It is possible to figure out what it is by using CDI:TARGET_VERB but, I don't know how the verbs tokens actually work so I don't want to talk about them too much.

here is a link where you can do more reading http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Interaction_token

I hope this helped.

The reason why I had my doubts about adventurer mode is because in adventure mode you have to activate your interactions and select your target and I don't know whether the game will allow you to do that if they can't see the target.
Thanks! Although this is not what I needed for what I asked for, it is an elegant alternative to my idea for a "monster detector"(a reaction that creates a gas that infects people under the influence of certain curses with a syndrome that makes them flash a certain icon) which will conserve resources.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 04, 2014, 07:56:26 pm »

Also, about TARGET_VERB: TARGET_VERB is VERB without the "mutual" section that is never actually used for syndromes. It's just second:third, aka "[you] use it:[it] uses it".

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 04, 2014, 10:53:45 pm »

Is it possible to make a civ that doesn't use any clothes, without adding the NO_EMOTION tag?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 04, 2014, 11:01:11 pm »

How would I go about making a special food type, such as canned food and sausages, that can only be made using special reactions(instead of just adding, say, ITEM_FOOD_CANNED)?

You can make sausages by defining a new material template (you can just copy meat) and plugging into STANDARD_MATERIALS, with no part of the creature actually made of it.  The same process is there in vanilla for tallow.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 06, 2014, 12:33:42 am »

In 0.40.xx, is it possible to make the elven caravans bring booze? I swear they used to in the older versions (or perhaps my memory is addled from too much booze?), but nothing I do seems to make them bring it now. I've tried adding various combinations of the following tags to the elves in entity_default.txt

[PERMITTED_REACTION:BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT]
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT_GROWTH]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:BREWER]
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:STILL]

I've generated several worlds with some/all of these tags added. However, they still never bring booze to trade. They do bring both brewable fruits and barrels, so I know they have access to the materials needed for brewing. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 06, 2014, 12:36:06 am »

I believe it only comes in wagons. Give them wagons, I always do.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 247