Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313738 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1560 on: November 23, 2014, 03:07:39 am »

Actually, SET_LAYER_TISSUE lets you do this without mucking with the bodypart raws. It's a funny obscure tag that I don't think is used anywhere in the stock raws but it works fine.

Tested it with this example:

[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL:BY_TOKEN:LH]
[SET_LAYER_TISSUE:SPLEEN]

And I successfully tore the spleen tissue and bruised the spleen tissue.

I did do that with one hit though so it seems to game might handle the combat text weirdly when you have multiple layers of same tissue. Depending on your needs you might still have to go with Dirts's method.
That's awesome and you are awesome for finding this.
I have literally gone over the wiki thousands of times and have been modding for years and I have never seen that tag.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 23, 2014, 03:27:35 am »

Wow, thank you.

And is there a better way of testing if it works than attempting to saw off the limbs of victims test subjects in Arena Mode?
I do stuff, I guess

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 23, 2014, 06:59:18 am »

So it appears that Operation Yak Fleece was a success, and my yaks are now shearable.  I didn't mod the tissue to be named wool, though (really, wool is more specific to sheep), so I'm getting yak hair to be spun into thread.  Considering it's shorn, will it still be usable for making cloth?

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 23, 2014, 07:13:19 am »

There's no such thing as [CDI:ADD_SYNDROME]; that goes in the actual interaction. Nyx nyx.

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MIND_BURN]
   [CDI:ADV_NAME:Mind burn]
   [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
   [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:BRAIN]
   [SYNDROME]
      [SYN_NAME:nyxian mind burn]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:NYX:ALL]
         [CE_PAIN:SEV:250:PROB:100:BY_CATEGORY:BRAIN:RESISTABLE:START:0:PEAK:1:END:300]
         [CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:80:PROB:100:BY_CATEGORY:BRAIN:RESISTABLE:START:0:PEAK:30:END:750]
   [CDI:VERB:mind burn:mind burns:NA]
   [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
   [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
   [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
   [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:120]

Is that better?

Or do I need to define the interaction in the interaction document?

I'll try making it in the interaction document later; I think I've been a bit stupid.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:20:42 am by Wysthric »
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 23, 2014, 07:22:59 am »

So it appears that Operation Yak Fleece was a success, and my yaks are now shearable.  I didn't mod the tissue to be named wool, though (really, wool is more specific to sheep), so I'm getting yak hair to be spun into thread.  Considering it's shorn, will it still be usable for making cloth?

If the hair material has [YARN] in its definition, it can be spun. Nothing more, nothing less.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 23, 2014, 07:31:31 am »

What would I need to do to make it weavable into cloth?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 23, 2014, 07:34:20 am »

Oh, I understood you wrong. The spinning reaction turns any hair into thread. If the hair has the [YARN] tag, it can be woven into cloth.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 23, 2014, 07:52:08 am »

Darn, I didn't catch that bit.  Oh well, I'll have to see if it's possible for the next world.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HOOF:HOOF_TEMPLATE]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
      [SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
         [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
         [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]
         [YARN]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HOOF:HOOF_TEMPLATE]
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
      [SELECT_TISSUE:HAIR]
      [TISSUE_NAME:wool:NP]

I think this is the stuff I'm missing.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 23, 2014, 08:56:22 am »

Is there a way to get a creature to transform into another creature permanently?
I do stuff, I guess

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 23, 2014, 10:16:00 am »

Is there a way to get a creature to transform into another creature permanently?
...Use a normal transformation with no END tag?
._.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 23, 2014, 10:24:40 am »

...Use a normal transformation with no END tag?
Wait...you can do that? Thanks!
I do stuff, I guess

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 23, 2014, 11:59:41 am »

Actually, SET_LAYER_TISSUE lets you do this without mucking with the bodypart raws. It's a funny obscure tag that I don't think is used anywhere in the stock raws but it works fine.

Tested it with this example:

[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL:BY_TOKEN:LH]
[SET_LAYER_TISSUE:SPLEEN]

And I successfully tore the spleen tissue and bruised the spleen tissue.

I did do that with one hit though so it seems to game might handle the combat text weirdly when you have multiple layers of same tissue. Depending on your needs you might still have to go with Dirts's method.
That's awesome and you are awesome for finding this.
I have literally gone over the wiki thousands of times and have been modding for years and I have never seen that tag.

I originally came across this in the string dump for version .34, took a few guesses to get its use right but since it was grouped with similar tags it wasn't too hard. It does seem to be in the creature token section now though, along with a few other tags that might be relevant: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Creature_token#TL_CONNECTS

TL_CONNECTS and the tags below let you modify properties of a tissue layer, which means that for instance you can make muscles in lower body more receptive to pain or the make a creature's arms have more muscle without having to muck around with custom tissue and body plans.

Sadly it isn't possible to remove the CONNECTS and MAJOR_ARTERIES, you can only add it. Fun could be had with those, like removing connectivity on all neck tissue except bone and watching something get their head punched off.

Wow, thank you.

And is there a better way of testing if it works than attempting to saw off the limbs of victims test subjects in Arena Mode?

Your welcome!

And I always found sawing off limbs in arena quite an entertaining effective method  :P

But no, arena testing and of keeping an eye on the errorlog is probably the quickest way to make sure your creature works right. Unless someone made a raw compiler that checks for errors, but I'm not aware of it.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is the same as ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 23, 2014, 12:50:43 pm »

Im running df osx 0.40.16 - I added tags [LIQUID_MISC_CREATURE] and [EDIBLE_COOKED] to [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] and it allows blood to be permited into food stockpiles and, used as a reagent in kitchen reactions properly in fortress mode. The error log remains clear, would anyone know if this may cause unwanted effects in worldgen ?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 23, 2014, 02:02:41 pm »

Im running df osx 0.40.16 - I added tags [LIQUID_MISC_CREATURE] and [EDIBLE_COOKED] to [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] and it allows blood to be permited into food stockpiles and, used as a reagent in kitchen reactions properly in fortress mode. The error log remains clear, would anyone know if this may cause unwanted effects in worldgen ?

Likely barrels of blood being for sale at merchant caravans. Which does seem kinda weird, but so is drinking blood in general.

You can always add the tag after worldgen if your just trying to use it in your fortress.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is the same as ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 23, 2014, 02:47:41 pm »

Yea, I add the tags to an existing save to test its effect immediately, and have not generated a new world yet w/ them add.
Thanks for the reply, I just think blood, ichor, goo and such are real food ingredients, so it is logical
to give them that option, since they can be purchased at embark, and caravans bring them already.
My dwarves seemed to like the sasquatch blood stew, they went right for it, of course it did have dwarven beer,
and plump helmets in it :P 
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 247