Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 317702 times)

fledermaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2115 on: February 06, 2015, 12:08:25 pm »

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is from the creature raw, which is just a copy of CREATURE:HUMAN. It's supposed to add a syndrome and interaction after the creature's blood is ingested. In arena mode the name change, tile change, and the interaction get added, but only after relinquishing control of the ingesting creature and unpausing. The attribute changes don't occur at all.
In adventure mode none of the changes occur.
I don't know much about creatures, interactions or syndromes, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.

EDIT: Oops! I meant to post this in the Creatures and Entities thread... 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:36:09 pm by fledermaus »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: February 06, 2015, 01:18:25 pm »

I'm sure there are personality factors, which I think get considered on top of entity prefs, hence why the steel angels don't care, their entity entry was originally modified from a copy of the kobold one and they're happy to run around in a loincloth and a dagger.

I did not see anything special about kobold that make them not care about clothing but I'll keep looking. Otherwise I have a dfhack script that does the trick.

Do your angels need to eat? Because when I removed fixed_temp, suddenly all food was "too cold" and the succubi starved. They also cried, and their tear turned into steam so perhaps settings were just bad.
Nope, they're little steel versions of the bronze colossus which I play around with now and then to try out different ideas.

As I mentioned above though, at least once I tried to put the clean hinted dragonfire they kept bathing each other in fire and burned off everything but their socks... but before then I have no clue why some wouldn't wear anything but socks.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:20:07 pm by Max™ »

Nero1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Terrible majestry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2117 on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:47 pm »

What can I do to make mountainhome based entities build towns/hamlets rater than hillocks? Bonus points if I can also convince the civ to build normal cities as well.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: February 06, 2015, 07:26:38 pm »

Are we forced to use predetermined values for the ID portion of the BP tag?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: February 06, 2015, 07:28:51 pm »

I don't think so, but sticking to the standard RUAs and UBs and LLLs is just good practice with all the interlocking that's going on.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: February 06, 2015, 08:18:26 pm »

You're not, and yeah, sticking with similar tokens is good for those weird BPs that use CON.

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust the plump helmet! ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: February 06, 2015, 11:15:48 pm »

I would like to create a steel-smelter, of which automatically a buildable magma-powered version appears in the menu once discvering magma. So basically working the same as the normal smelter. Is that possible? And if so, what's necessary?

I have lot's of new reactions and assigned them all to a steel-smelter building called [STEEL_SMELTER]. I can copy paste this building, name it let's say [MAGMA_STEEL_SMELTER] and add this tag [NEEDS_MAGMA] to it. But what about the reactions? How does the game realize that all the reactions assigned to the [STEEL_SMELTER] also shall be assigned to [MAGMA_STEEL_SMELTER]? Or shall I simply add just two Building Tokens ([BUILDING:STEEL_SMELTER:NONE] and [BUILDING:MAGMA_STEEL_SMELTER:NONE]) to each reaction. If so, that makes me wonder, why that isn't necessary for all the standard reactions like smelt steel/bronze etc.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: February 06, 2015, 11:26:56 pm »

Yeah, two building tokens.

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: February 07, 2015, 12:52:19 am »

Second question: For [CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING], the wiki emphasizes that it works when dwarves encounter 'friendly' units. Does that mean it works on other dwarves, or only units not part of the fort that are marked explicitly as 'friendly'?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: February 07, 2015, 04:28:16 am »

It works on other dwarves... and any other animals nearby.

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust the plump helmet! ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: February 07, 2015, 02:29:17 pm »

The game crashed. And the errorlog is filled with a bunch of messages. I could fix many of them. But there is one I can't really follow. So I hope you can help me again.  :-\

Code: [Select]
ARSENIC:Unrecognized Inorganic Material Definition Token: CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION
ARSENIC:Unrecognized Inorganic Material Definition Token: CE_SWELLING

I created a new metal called Arsenic and added some syndromes to make it heavily toxic. Not only the dwarves remain unharmed despite of e.g. forging items out of arsen. DF seems also to have some problems with the a.m. tokens, which actually should exist according to the wiki. So what does this mean? And how to change this code to actually poison dwarves, when working with this material. I set it so that arsenic weapons and other metallic materials can be created. So you can trap e.g. goblins in toxic arsenic cages or shoot at them with toxic arsenic bolts. Full code of arsenic:

edit: Just found it. A simple space caused troubles. Still unclear is the issue regarding poisoning tough.

Also there are tons of pathfinding errors. The errorlog writes regularly blocks of about 20 to 40 of these:

path fail: milkfish,187,0,140 -> 172,17,140: Id #1658:Path Goal Flee Terrain:Station None at 186,1,140
path fail: milkfish,187,0,140 -> 173,19,140: Id #1659:Path Goal Flee Terrain:Station None at 186,1,140

Not sure, if I should worry about them. The longest was a block of a few hundred entries mainly containing small variations of this code:

path fail: dog,99,97,134 -> 98,95,140: Id #1605:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Wagon at 97,95,140
But I think those appeared, when smelting dark iron strangely resulted in an above-ground-smelter full of magma and nearly the whole surface was set on fire before the game crashed ...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:32:23 pm by Urist McGoombaBrother »

Urist_McDagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: February 08, 2015, 07:10:52 am »

I have a couple of questions:

In order to be able to encrust gems onto weapons, I'd have to create a custom workshop, correct?
With this workshop, can I restrict the types of gems that can be encrusted? For example if I want only Emeralds, Sapphires and Rubies to be encrust-able and gems like diamonds to not be.
When the product is finished; is it possible for me to 'change' the values of the item, making the item better? I.e. decreasing the impact area of hammers for better penetration but not actually changing the material the base weapon was made from(I'm guessing it's just an easy raw edit but I'd like to confirm this).

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2127 on: February 08, 2015, 11:53:49 am »

Anyone know if the wtf2txt editor still works?  I tried using it but wound up with a string of gibberish.

Also, has anyone come up with a simpler method of editing wtf files?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: February 08, 2015, 12:01:22 pm »

I dunno about any sort of external editor, but the perl script that Putnam passed me still decrypts the announcement/dipscript/help folder crap just fine.

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: February 09, 2015, 04:19:52 am »

Using the latest 0.40.24 starter pack, with Phoebus tileset. With my own custom color scheme which has the strange effect of turning Vomit cyan, despite green being green in my color scheme, for some reason it changes vomit to cyan.

Could anyone help me locate or change the color of Vomit via the raws?  ::) (what a glorious thing to bother modding, isnt it?)
I'd also like to change the Cherry leaves & fruits to PALE_PINK and PINK respectively (the tile "contaminants" that fall on the ground), i tried to, both in displayed_color and state_color, but didnt seem to work (perhaps it doesnt affect savegames, even if said savegames are updated via the launcher?).

Thanks! Been googling "blood raws" and "Dwarf fortress vomit raws/color" for an hour, literally only find disgusting stuff not related to my question, LOL.
Some things are just a bitch to google for, aren't they?  :o
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:21:55 am by Baleur »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 247