Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313222 times)

timmah612

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2175 on: February 28, 2015, 02:22:02 pm »

Would it be possible to make underground trade routes? Like have a caravan or migrants come in from the map edge in a tunnel? I would love to be able to seal off my fortress from the outside world and only get outsiders through the tunnels i decide to make, and be able to even seal that off. I really have no idea what is feasibly possible with file modding so im sorry if its completely impossible or has been asked a million times.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: February 28, 2015, 02:34:20 pm »

Doesn't sound possible.

How would I make blood man blood cause actual vampirism? The name for the vampire interaction is DEITY_CURSE_VAMPIRE_1.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: February 28, 2015, 09:28:39 pm »

Would it be possible to make underground trade routes? Like have a caravan or migrants come in from the map edge in a tunnel? I would love to be able to seal off my fortress from the outside world and only get outsiders through the tunnels i decide to make, and be able to even seal that off. I really have no idea what is feasibly possible with file modding so im sorry if its completely impossible or has been asked a million times.
I recall someone doing some DFHack wizardry to teleport a caravan into the caverns the moment it entered the map, but it was either for 0.34, had serious side-effects, or both.  Someone in the DFHack thread might remember it better (maybe even its author).

But to make caravans and migrants literally travel through tunnels will take intervention by Toady.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

timmah612

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: March 01, 2015, 04:14:05 am »

alright, thank you for the help, now i can stop looking for a way to do it online.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: March 01, 2015, 04:18:54 am »

Doesn't sound possible.

How would I make blood man blood cause actual vampirism? The name for the vampire interaction is DEITY_CURSE_VAMPIRE_1.

Give it a syndrome that is for all intents and purposes vampirism.

There is an example interaction that shows what a vampire syndrome would look like, it would be possible to just take the syndrome out, adjust it as needed, and stick it onto blood man blood.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: March 01, 2015, 08:46:56 am »

Is there any difference between 1-3 armor levels?
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: March 01, 2015, 08:48:45 am »

Give it a syndrome that is for all intents and purposes vampirism.

There is an example interaction that shows what a vampire syndrome would look like, it would be possible to just take the syndrome out, adjust it as needed, and stick it onto blood man blood.
That's what I already had. Oh well.

3x3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: March 02, 2015, 03:12:24 pm »

I want to mod my embark so my dwarves start without nothing even clothings (I want to embark my dwarves nudes to role that all theyre goods where stolen :) ). How do i do this?.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: March 02, 2015, 09:06:23 pm »

I want to mod my embark so my dwarves start without nothing even clothings (I want to embark my dwarves nudes to role that all theyre goods where stolen :) ). How do i do this?.
It might be easier to strip everything off of them the moment the map loads, as if they were victims of the Ultimate Kea Heist.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: March 03, 2015, 03:41:05 pm »

My mechanic dog has neither tannable skin nor a brain, so I'm not sure if it has any effect on the game. However, I'd like to understand it. I'm pretty sure the game is trying to reference a tissue that doesn't exist, but I'm not sure what to do about it.

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature CLOTH_DOG
undefined local creature material set to default: CLOTH_DOG LEATHER
undefined local creature material set to default: CLOTH_DOG BRAIN
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:right front leg, layer 4: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:left front leg, layer 4: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:right front paw, layer 4: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:left front paw, layer 4: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:right rear leg, layer 4: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:left rear leg, layer 4: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:right rear paw, layer 4: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:left rear paw, layer 4: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:tail, layer 4: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:right ear, layer 2: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:left ear, layer 2: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:nose, layer 2: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:upper spine, layer 1: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:middle spine, layer 1: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:lower spine, layer 1: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:skull, layer 1: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:left true rib, layer 1: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:right true rib, layer 1: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:left false rib, layer 1: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:right false rib, layer 1: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:left floating rib, layer 1: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
CLOTH_DOG:DEFAULT:right floating rib, layer 1: Tissue  was not found, using first tissue instead
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: March 03, 2015, 03:41:59 pm »

Looks like it's looking for BONE.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: March 03, 2015, 04:45:42 pm »

I tried reverting to standard materials and tissues to see if I screwed things up there, but it's still throwing up the error. Here are the raws for the creature it makes things clearer.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:CLOTH_DOG]
[DESCRIPTION:A medium-sized highly social mammalian carnivore.  It has a keen sense of smell.  It can be trained to obey commands.]
[NAME:cloth mech dog:cloth mech dogs:cloth mech dog]
[CASTE_NAME:cloth mech dog:cloth mech dogs:cloth mech dog]
[CREATURE_TILE:'d'][COLOR:6:0:0]
[PETVALUE:30][NATURAL]
[LARGE_ROAMING]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC][TRAINABLE][PET]
[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]
[NOT_LIVING]
[NO_DIZZINESS]
[NO_FEVERS]
[NOBREATHE]
[NOEMOTION]
[PREFSTRING:loyalty]
[ODOR_LEVEL:0] no smell
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:MECH_CORE:SKULL:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODYGLOSS:PAW]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:MECH_STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKIN:THREAD_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:MECH_STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:RUBBER_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:30000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:30000]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:30000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:10:20]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[CHILD:1]
[DIURNAL]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:cloth mech dog:cloth mech dogs]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:900:447:298:149:1900:2900] 59 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[MUNDANE]
[MALE]
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: March 03, 2015, 05:08:00 pm »

It could be [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:BONE:CARTILAGE], as it only has three arguments within it while the detail plan has up to five.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: March 03, 2015, 05:35:46 pm »

It could be [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:BONE:CARTILAGE], as it only has three arguments within it while the detail plan has up to five.
Ah, so that was the problem. Thanks!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: March 03, 2015, 07:12:33 pm »

undefined local creature material set to default: VOIDSPAWN SHELL

My errorlog keeps spitting these out. What do they mean?
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 247