Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 310232 times)

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2310 on: March 26, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

Is there any way to make a submenu in a custom workshop?
Something similar to the metalcrafting shop, like make subcategories for each metal.

Not currently, but I think I remember seeing something from Toady One about that being in the next release (not finding the exact quote at the moment though)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: March 26, 2015, 08:45:19 pm »

In the next version, this will be the syntax:

It's fixed assuming it doesn't get any more interesting.  In any reaction's def, assign it to a category with [CATEGORY:<token>].

[CATEGORY:<token>]
 [CATEGORY_NAME:<text>]
 [CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:<text>]
 [CATEGORY_PARENT:<token>]
 [CATEGORY_KEY:<key>]

The subtokens to define the category's details just need to appear below the CATEGORY somewhere once.  The nesting can go as deeply as needed.  It only shows reaction categories in the relevant workshops if your fort's entity has a permitted reaction within the category nesting, which will hopefully avoid some clutter in complicated mods.  We'll have to see what else is necessary as we go.  Things like material assignments linked to categories (to handle stuff like glass coming out into the raws) are elevated to "low-hanging fruit" status now, but aren't in the game.

Enepttastic

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: March 27, 2015, 05:23:37 am »

In the next version, this will be the syntax:

It's fixed assuming it doesn't get any more interesting.  In any reaction's def, assign it to a category with [CATEGORY:<token>].

[CATEGORY:<token>]
 [CATEGORY_NAME:<text>]
 [CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:<text>]
 [CATEGORY_PARENT:<token>]
 [CATEGORY_KEY:<key>]

The subtokens to define the category's details just need to appear below the CATEGORY somewhere once.  The nesting can go as deeply as needed.  It only shows reaction categories in the relevant workshops if your fort's entity has a permitted reaction within the category nesting, which will hopefully avoid some clutter in complicated mods.  We'll have to see what else is necessary as we go.  Things like material assignments linked to categories (to handle stuff like glass coming out into the raws) are elevated to "low-hanging fruit" status now, but aren't in the game.

twitches
As someone who just read this entire thread before starting to think about modding, I want this NAO!
If I ask a question assume I saw the answer and am thankful for it. I've a bad habit of testing the answer immediately and then forgetting to reply >.>

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: March 28, 2015, 12:03:28 am »

I'm working on some wendigos and they aren't quite the nigh-unstoppable killing machines I want them to be. Any tips?
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: March 28, 2015, 12:07:55 am »

What exactly is stopping them from being more monstrous?

Making them rather large, and making their attacks hit harder can help, if it is lacking in offense.

They can be made of tougher materials, or their materials can otherwise be altered within its definition. This can also be used to make some of its attacks hit harder. For example, sharper nails cutting deeper.

For a more straightforward approach to defence, try giving them a [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:2] tag, to halve the effects of attacks against it.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2315 on: March 28, 2015, 07:05:06 am »

I'm working on some wendigos and they aren't quite the nigh-unstoppable killing machines I want them to be. Any tips?
give them some Strength, Dexterity, speed, and skills. in particular, the Dodging skill makes them Dorf Souls 4 masters.
Also: a huge layer of fat under the skin gives boosted survival.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

addendum: doggy greeting interaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:49:29 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Glatux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: March 28, 2015, 08:54:25 am »

So I'm trying to make an interaction that would allow creature to learn how to have a fire breath the thing is that the ability doesn't appear anywhere when I'm trying it in arena mode.
It based on the necromancer example, here's the syndrome part :
Spoiler: "Code" (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: March 28, 2015, 03:24:07 pm »

You forgot [CDI:INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: March 29, 2015, 12:48:36 am »

Is there a way to change the tiles used for dirt vs rough stone floors? Currently with varied tiles turned off they are both `.` period, but I was wondering if there was a way to change say rough stone to be a different tile, like `,` comma?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2319 on: March 29, 2015, 02:09:27 am »

Is there a way to change the tiles used for dirt vs rough stone floors? Currently with varied tiles turned off they are both `.` period, but I was wondering if there was a way to change say rough stone to be a different tile, like `,` comma?
Not with normal modding, but with Twbt (Text will be Text, by mifki, a dfhack plugin) you can change them by using override tiles.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: March 29, 2015, 07:06:33 am »

what is the max attribute limit if i use  script from DFhack?
i know base game it is 10000(if your creature has max natural attributes)
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: March 29, 2015, 02:52:55 pm »

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: March 29, 2015, 05:59:41 pm »

and how would i go about getting that value?
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: March 29, 2015, 06:01:37 pm »

You can use PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC and MENT_ATT_CAP_PERC to increase it further without dfhack.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: March 29, 2015, 06:09:10 pm »

thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. ;D

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 247