Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 317696 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2760 on: June 09, 2015, 06:19:15 pm »

Would a genderless enemy civ run into worldgen problems or anything of the sort? Will it prevent them from increasing in numbers completely?
Genderless creatures do not generate entities. That's a pretty big problem if you ask me.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: June 09, 2015, 06:28:42 pm »

Would a genderless enemy civ run into worldgen problems or anything of the sort? Will it prevent them from increasing in numbers completely?
Genderless creatures do not generate entities. That's a pretty big problem if you ask me.
The most you could do is to give the creatures a pair of super-rare male and female castes and maybe an interaction that turns them into the no_gender version if you want to ensure no gendered creature appears during play.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: June 09, 2015, 06:52:52 pm »

Hey, can I set up a reaction at a custom workshop to "upgrade"/turn an item into another? Say, take a steel shortsword, a steel bar, some fuel, and turn that into... Some other weapon? I'm thinking of making a fantasy-er mod, and including fantasy weapons and weapon upgrades and such. So can I do weapon "upgrades"?

Side note: How do I make reactions for adventure mode?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: June 09, 2015, 06:54:41 pm »

1. Yes.

2. [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: June 09, 2015, 07:08:21 pm »

Thanks! Never even noticed that tag. I really wish Today could do [ITEM_DESCRIPTION] and have multi-item... items. I've been thinking of adding gem encrusting and leather imaging to my Magister Smith weapons. Each civ has a few items unique to them: Dwarves have Mjolnir and Durendal, humans have Clarent and Gae Bolg, elves have Gungir and Druid's Bulwark, and I'm working on the Draconian one... I'm thinking an axe.

Hey, need a bit of help here with improvments on items...

Okay, so I read the reaction section in the wiki. Not quite sure how this'll work.

[IMPROVEMENT:<probability>:<reagent name>:<improvement type>:<material token>]

I'm probably the worst modder in terms of knowing how to understand terms, so could someone give me an example of say, improving a short sword, with 100% probability, encrusted with a small gem? Also bands of, if that applies to leather? Thanks for any help in advance. All my previous works at encrusting straight from the Magister Smith have all resulted in "Has created a sapphire spear!" and such.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:22:36 pm by StagnantSoul »
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: June 09, 2015, 09:46:23 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:DECORATE_ITEM_WITH_LEATHER_ADV]
   [NAME:decorate item with leather]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:A:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [IMPROVEMENT:100:B:COVERED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:LEATHERWORK]

Here is my adventurer reaction to decorate any item with leather. Just replace COVERED with BANDS to give it bands of leather.

As an important note, I should mention that you will want [PRESERVE_REAGENT] for the item you want decorated, or else it may become consumed.

This should be able to encrust an iron short sword with a small gem:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:DECORATE_ITEM_WITH_GEM_ADV]
   [NAME:encrust item with gem]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:A:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:B:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:INORGANIC:IRON][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [IMPROVEMENT:100:B:COVERED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:ENCRUSTGEM]

COVERED means different things depending on material. Gems are described as encrusted, metals are described as studded, and, as far as I know, everything else is simply described as decorated on the item.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: June 09, 2015, 09:50:32 pm »

Thanks! Ten reactions later, I kept converting the item to the thing I was encrusting it with. Thanks! Okay, next thing is weapon upgrades, and I think I can handle that without help.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: June 09, 2015, 11:29:12 pm »

If I just left it as WEAPON:NONE:NONE:NONE, would it encrust any weapon?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured that one out myself. Can't wait to have a gem studded, leather wrapped burning steel pair of swords in adventure mode.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:18:29 am by StagnantSoul »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: June 10, 2015, 03:31:38 am »

Two questions.

1: Just an insane little idead I had, but might there be any way to make the decorations code (studding, encrusting, etc.) apply to dwarves?

2. Also my food modding question: I tried to mod in, from my own renamed and created meal types, reactions for level 5 and 9 meals at the kitchen: but nothing is used or lost in the reaction! Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Raws here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any clues, guys? What did I do wrong?
One wheel short of a wagon

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: June 10, 2015, 03:41:53 am »

Pretty sure there's only 3 levels of meals.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: June 10, 2015, 04:28:25 am »

Ah, so do the tags [LEVEL:2],[LEVEL:3],[LEVEL:4] act separately, not as some sort of counter (i.e. [LEVEL:3] could be renamed [STEW] and it would be the same thing if the code used [STEW] not [LEVEL:3]?)

So is there a counter, which might be manipulatable, or just 3 catgories which a meal falls into?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: June 10, 2015, 04:33:15 am »

[LEVEL:2] means it uses 2 ingredients to make the meal, [LEVEL:3] means 3 ingredients, and [LEVEL:4] means it uses 4 ingredients. As far as I know, those are the only available levels, but you can have as many preps as you want that are the same level.

Mind, I haven't actually done any food modding. I just assume that the three food levels are the only valid ones.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: June 10, 2015, 04:47:45 am »

Thanks, you're probably right. Just wondering: apart from building destroyer, where the levels do seem like 2 separate tags not 1 spectrum, are there any other objects with [LEVEL:X] in this way?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: June 10, 2015, 08:39:40 am »

To your question one: I believe not. I've been thinking of somehow making it so craftdwarves could decorate up dead dwarves though. Give them a shnazzy funeral, covered in amethysts and emeralds.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: June 10, 2015, 09:33:29 am »

Or to boost their trade value. Which I definitely wasn't thinking of with the live ones. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 247