Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313393 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3195 on: August 31, 2015, 02:22:34 pm »

Does anyone know the cause of this error? I've spent more time than I care to count trying to find the source, but I can't find anything out of place.

Spoiler: The Creature (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errorlog (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: August 31, 2015, 02:40:51 pm »

Remember what the MUSCLE_TEMPLATE tissue was like?

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_NAME:muscle:muscles]
[THICKENS_ON_STRENGTH]
[ARTERIES]
[SCARS]
[MUSCULAR]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MUSCLE]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:3]
[HEALING_RATE:100]
[VASCULAR:3]
[PAIN_RECEPTORS:6]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

It's still looking for a creature material using the MUSCLE nametag. Is the distinction really a big deal? Should your creature's FLESH stuff be exempt from things that affect LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MUSCLE for some reason? If it is, maybe we could modify it with SELECT_TISSUE.

[BODY:HUMANOID_SIMPLE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FLESH:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FLESH:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FLESH]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:FLESH]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FLESH]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:42:23 pm by scamtank »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3197 on: August 31, 2015, 02:59:58 pm »

Does anyone know the cause of this error? I've spent more time than I care to count trying to find the source, but I can't find anything out of place.

When you do USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE is fine as it lets you define a material from a template and you can change what you want (Name, properties like HEATDAM and such) however when you use a TISSUE_TEMPLATE it looks for a specific named material in the creature

so this is how it stands:
Creature has no materials or tissues
Creature now has FLESH but is identical to MUSCLE (in all forms defined by the template, name etc)
Tissue Template is looking for a Material in the creature that is MUSCLE but you have FLESH
it cannot find MUSCLE. This will fix it

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MUSCLE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: August 31, 2015, 03:32:44 pm »

When you do USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE is fine as it lets you define a material from a template and you can change what you want (Name, properties like HEATDAM and such) however when you use a TISSUE_TEMPLATE it looks for a specific named material in the creature

so this is how it stands:
Creature has no materials or tissues
Creature now has FLESH but is identical to MUSCLE (in all forms defined by the template, name etc)
Tissue Template is looking for a Material in the creature that is MUSCLE but you have FLESH
it cannot find MUSCLE. This will fix it

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MUSCLE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
Thanks
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: September 01, 2015, 01:07:27 pm »

I'm working on a Zombie mod, and I've attempted to make my first interaction so that dead humans will become Zombies, but it doesn't work. Due to my complete lack of knowledge on the subject, it's likely very obvious what I've done wrong, but I'm not sure what it is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3200 on: September 01, 2015, 02:43:19 pm »

I'm working on a Zombie mod, and I've attempted to make my first interaction so that dead humans will become Zombies, but it doesn't work. Due to my complete lack of knowledge on the subject, it's likely very obvious what I've done wrong, but I'm not sure what it is.

I have always had trouble with REGION interactions (either random ones took all the slots, or they never showed at all) but you can use ANIMATE. But considering you are transforming to a custom creature ZOMBIE resurrect works too. However if you don't have that creature with a natural OPPOSED_TO_LIFE you will basically have your humans die, and come back to life as a zombie and will just do whatever he did previously in life and visit the mead hall.

At least my knowledge of it, You can try it as creature interaction and have something use the interaction manually and see if it works as intended. But I can't shed any insight on how to get a REGION interaction working as I've failed everytime.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: September 02, 2015, 01:03:14 pm »

I have always had trouble with REGION interactions (either random ones took all the slots, or they never showed at all) but you can use ANIMATE. But considering you are transforming to a custom creature ZOMBIE resurrect works too. However if you don't have that creature with a natural OPPOSED_TO_LIFE you will basically have your humans die, and come back to life as a zombie and will just do whatever he did previously in life and visit the mead hall.

At least my knowledge of it, You can try it as creature interaction and have something use the interaction manually and see if it works as intended. But I can't shed any insight on how to get a REGION interaction working as I've failed everytime.

Yeah, my zombies have OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, though a militia of infectious zombies would be fun. Planning on having a room filled with zombies that I can release unto goblins, but I'm holding off starting a serious fort until I fix the interaction.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: September 02, 2015, 03:10:48 pm »

Depending on your head-canon, zombyism might be spread by bites, and then make them a naturally occurring creature in evil biomes for seeding.  Maybe add it as a curse as well.

There is a working example of a bite interaction/infection included with the raws.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: September 02, 2015, 06:14:05 pm »

Depending on your head-canon, zombyism might be spread by bites, and then make them a naturally occurring creature in evil biomes for seeding.  Maybe add it as a curse as well.

There is a working example of a bite interaction/infection included with the raws.

Already have that working, but I also want to have dead humans rise. It'd add a lot more to the gameplay for my mod, and it would result in RoomCarnage-type fortresses.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: September 02, 2015, 09:09:21 pm »

Would this reaction force non-dwarves to start with anvil?  Currently, non-dwarves won't start with anvils if their civilization does not have iron.

[REACTION:ANVIL_ENFORCE]
[NAME:no reaction]
[BUILDING:PLACEHOLDER_WORKSHOP:NONE]
[REAGENT:100:1:ANVIL:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]

Second Question:
In the mod that I am working on, the world generator breaks down at the placing civilizations stage on a Large world.  I've noticed several other mods have this problem also.  EDIT: Problem Solved!  The cause was placing farming tags on civs that spawned in inhospitable climates.  Just removing all farming/orchard/etc tags fixes everything!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: September 02, 2015, 11:31:12 pm »

Already have that working, but I also want to have dead humans rise. It'd add a lot more to the gameplay for my mod, and it would result in RoomCarnage-type fortresses.
This is why I modded in Pet Rocks, they never tell me they already thought of my suggestion... ;)

My experience with regional interactions is that ones in the raws are really flaky.  But you're almost certain to have at least one generated regional interaction that targets the dead.  It might be possible to make a script that seeks that out and modifies the effect (and maybe expand it to ANY_LAND).  You'd need to do this just after the world is generated and before history starts.

Might even be able too force a reject if there is no suitable interaction present.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: September 04, 2015, 07:11:13 am »

I don't know where to place this code.
[SYNDROME]
            [SYN_NAME:flesh ball blood]
            [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
            [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:FLESH_BALL:ALL]
            [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:DWARF]
            [SYN_CONTACTED]
            [CE_BLISTERS:SEV:1:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:10:PEAK:50:END:1000]
                [CE_BRUISING:SEV:1:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MUSCLE:START:10:PEAK:50:END:1000]
                [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:1:PROB:100:BP:ALL:START:10:PEAK:50:END:1000]
                [CE_PAIN:SEV:1:PROB:100:BP:ALL:START:10:PEAK:50:END:1000]
                [CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:2:PROB:1:BP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:BP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:START:1000:PEAK:1100:END:2000]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 07:13:03 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: September 04, 2015, 11:55:44 am »

I don't know where to place this code.
[SYNDROME]
            [SYN_NAME:flesh ball blood]
            [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
            [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:FLESH_BALL:ALL]
            [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:DWARF]
            [SYN_CONTACTED]
            [CE_BLISTERS:SEV:1:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:10:PEAK:50:END:1000]
                [CE_BRUISING:SEV:1:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MUSCLE:START:10:PEAK:50:END:1000]
                [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:1:PROB:100:BP:ALL:START:10:PEAK:50:END:1000]
                [CE_PAIN:SEV:1:PROB:100:BP:ALL:START:10:PEAK:50:END:1000]
                [CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:2:PROB:1:BP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:BP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:START:1000:PEAK:1100:END:2000]

Find the [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE], if it's for the blood, and place it directly underneath this. If it's a biting attack, make sure to also have a [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID:100:100] in the attack.

EDIT: Oh, and if this is an anti-siege weapon you might want to think about making the blood a gas, and the syndrome inhaled, so it will affect a wider radius. Just a quick suggestion, though.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:59:12 am by ThatZommy »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: September 04, 2015, 06:14:36 pm »

No, just normal blood which will splash over someone.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

newoldbroccoli

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: September 05, 2015, 12:17:54 pm »

Does anyone know where the Necromancer interaction raws are?
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 247