Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313421 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3435 on: September 28, 2015, 01:06:45 pm »

What is it that makes something spawnable in the Arena, that magma crabs and prodcedurally-generated creatures lack?
Procedurally generated creatures are created in worldgen, and the arena uses only stuff in the raw files. As for the  other creatures, there is an [ARENA_RESTRICTED] (or similar, can't remember exactly) token that prevents them from showing up. Might be to avoid "spoilers" for players that have yet to encounter them in the wild.

Ninja'd
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: September 28, 2015, 01:07:42 pm »

@HugotheDwarf
@Teneb

Thanks!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: September 28, 2015, 05:24:31 pm »

ok so I want to advance on the crystsins. todays objectives. verity in stats and appearances. and  few other minor things. but mostly verity.

here Is what I have so far

Code: [Select]
creature_a_working_on

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:CRYSTIN]
[NAME:crystin:crysins:crystin]
[DESCRIPTION:a creature of crystal, it was made by endlessblaze but is still incomplete.]
[PREFSTRING:crystal bodies]

[CASTE:MALE_CRYST]
[CASTE_NAME:crystin:crysins:crystin]
[MALE]
[POP_RATIO:1]
[CREATURE_TILE:'C'][COLOR:7:0:0]
[CASTE:FEMALE_CRYST]
[CASTE_NAME:crystin:crysins:crystin]
[FEMALE]
[POP_RATIO:1]
[CREATURE_TILE:'C'][COLOR:7:0:0]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]

[BODY:HUMANOID:BRAIN:2EYES:3FINGERS:TAIL]
[TISSUE:RUBY]
[TISSUE_NAME:ruby:ruby]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:RUBY]
[STRUCTURAL]
[MUSCULAR]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:2]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:RUBY]

[TISSUE:DIAMOND_CLEAR]
[TISSUE_NAME:diamond:diamond]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:DIAMOND_CLEAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[CONNECTS]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:DIAMOND_CLEAR]

[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:punch:punches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]

[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]

[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NOEXERT][NO_SLEEP][NOBREATHE][NO_FEVERS][NO_DIZZINESS][NOPAIN][NOSTUCKINS][NONAUSEA]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:2:3]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[LARGE_ROAMING]
[LARGE_PREDATOR]
[LIGHT_GEN]
[TRAINABLE]
[CHILD:3]
[NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:5]
[NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:5]
[NATURAL_SKILL:WRESTLING:5]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:4]
[NATURAL_SKILL:CLIMBING:4]
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:4]
[PET]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]

[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:642:428:214:1900:2900] 41 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:2206:1692:1178:585:3400:4900] 15 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2728:2069:1409:675:4000:5700] 13 kph

[BODY_SIZE:1:0:30000]
[BODY_SIZE:3:0:70000]

now my questions.

1. how do I make stats vary? strength, agility, ect?

2. how do I apply appearance differences, like it hair color, eye color, ect?

3.can I have the appearance differences be something like. "his tail is long" or "his ruby is smooth" rater than typical coloration differences?

4. [pet exotic] means you have to train it first right? im asking because the wiki still mentions the dungeon master in relation to this tag and that makes me think that entry might be outdated.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: September 28, 2015, 06:05:58 pm »

Here are the dwarven tags to make their attributes vary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In case you want them, here are the range variations used in various creatures for good/poor attributes.

To give variant eye colours, you can select the tissue layer, and set the appearance attribute in a way similar to this:

You can select different parts to give different descriptions. Here is an example I used for a skeletal creature of mine:

This selects the body part by its category, applies the GAPS appearance modifier, and defines the noun used to describe the part. In this case, ribs that may be widely spaced apart, or close enough together to get tangled. Great for making the skeletal more oopy-spoopy.

As for the wiki, you may simply be looking at a page meant for an older version of the game. An exotic pet isn't typically tamed in world-gen, but may be tamed in a fortress.

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: September 30, 2015, 05:37:34 pm »

so, i am playing with my own modded race in fortress mode, and they have no max age, and some people older than the world itself... it's like year 78, and there's some citizens that are over 300 years old...

what happened? why? did they help forge the world? i would assume so, as they are supposed to be immortal scholars and craftsmen dedicated to order and creation...

so, how does this occur? why? what happened? are there always some beings born before the world's first year or did i mess something up?
Don't know what to put here... let me know if you have any ideas...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: September 30, 2015, 05:42:09 pm »

Creatures created at the start of the world are always created as adults, and thus would have been born before the start of the world.

The ones I've witnessed are usually young(-ish) adults, though it does seem to vary by creature. A higher maxage or a complete lack of one may have starting creatures that are much older than the world itself. Though this is just speculation on my part.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: October 01, 2015, 01:15:18 am »

I routinely see megabeasts that are 200-300 years older than the world.  Think of year 1 as the beginning of recorded history, not when the planet formed a crust.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: October 01, 2015, 03:18:10 am »

I routinely see megabeasts that are 200-300 years older than the world.  Think of year 1 as the beginning of recorded history, not when the planet formed a crust.
So, Year 1 in the current reckoning (CR), or of recorded history (RH). is there a specific canon term for dates or is Year X CR as close as i am going to find?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: October 01, 2015, 04:27:44 am »

You won't find a canonical year denomination. Unless the community decides to unofficially prefix "Urist" to years as has been done with suffixes to temperature and weight. Making Year 1 = Urist 1. But I haven't hear of such a trend.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: October 01, 2015, 09:08:02 am »

Is there a handy reference somewhere on what the severity of a syndrome really does?  The wiki notes that "extreme" swelling can cause necrosis, and there are probably some other "extreme" effects as well that just aren't documents.  For example, does too much dizziness cause vomiting, etc.?

I'm trying for "take you out of combat for a few hundred ticks" rather than "death sentence".
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: October 01, 2015, 07:03:54 pm »

Is there a handy reference somewhere on what the severity of a syndrome really does?  The wiki notes that "extreme" swelling can cause necrosis, and there are probably some other "extreme" effects as well that just aren't documents.  For example, does too much dizziness cause vomiting, etc.?

I'm trying for "take you out of combat for a few hundred ticks" rather than "death sentence".
temporary polymorph? maybe to something that runs from combat?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: October 02, 2015, 03:32:42 pm »

temporary polymorph? maybe to something that runs from combat?
The flavor text would be strange, but more importantly transformation completely heals the unit.

The swelling effect is a poisonous bite that's supposed to be distracting/painful but not lethal.  The other is supposed to use dizziness to simulate being staggered by a cartoonish "strike the ground really hard and make a localized earthquake."
Just got back, updating:

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: October 04, 2015, 03:04:22 am »

Can I add DIVINE_MAT_CLOTH and the other DIVINE_MAT tags to entities like Goblins to make them use the random materials when they attack me?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: October 04, 2015, 03:06:55 am »

Try it and see?

The wiki makes no mention of if it will work. My gut tells me 'no', since some other tags reserved for generated creatures don't work on non-generated ones.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: October 05, 2015, 02:17:43 pm »

If you give an entity to the ability to work a metal that doesn't appear in nature, will it still spawn in their items?
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 247