Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313164 times)

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3480 on: October 08, 2015, 10:10:29 pm »

One thing I think may be worth mentioning, in case you were not already aware of it:

A creature can only be under one transformation effect at a time. In order to transform a second time, the first effect must end. If a transformation is permanent, then the creature can never transform again.

Unless you use DFHack. There's a script/plug-in that allows for more fluid transformations.
oh well, I did add a megabeast infernal that can create all types of infernals from targets via interactions. So if one pops up, then the various kinds will be more abundant at least. kind of makes it hard to kill with it being able to transform things, although it takes a few days to take effect.
Don't know what to put here... let me know if you have any ideas...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: October 09, 2015, 12:29:46 am »

Is it possible to make a reaction that requires the corpse of a specific species of creature as a reagent?

And what exactly defines a civ's ability to access and use weapon and armor workable metals that regularly appear in nature? Does it just happen automatically?
It's FEF, not FEOF

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: October 09, 2015, 04:32:50 pm »

1. Don't know. I've never toyed with corpses as reagents.

2. To my knowledge, an entity that is allowed to make weapons and armour, as well as the furnace operating profession, should be able to use any natural metal that is within their territory. If the civilization's borders have no available tetrahedrite, for example, then they may not have access to copper or silver. Apparently tetrahedrite also contains zinc in real life, according to wikipedia, though it does not contain it in Dwarf Fortress.

Basically anything with the [METAL_ORE:X:%] tag can be directly smelted into the corresponding metal, and is viable for use by an entity with furnace operators.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: October 09, 2015, 04:54:19 pm »

1. Don't know. I've never toyed with corpses as reagents.
I'm pretty sure that you cannot specify creatures or castes in reactions. The closest you can do is make a generic "<creature> corpse" item that is used by that reaction and is dropped via ITEMCORPSE.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: October 10, 2015, 06:34:35 pm »

Working on my mod again, a lot has changed... but anyhow, is birth still only possible between a married couple for Fortress mode? And well, I imagine a male and female married couple.

We can't just make it so we can, ahem, keep a 'breeding male' around or something for repopulation purposes, or same-gender magic babies?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: October 10, 2015, 07:00:10 pm »

Only between married couples of two different sexes.

There may be a DFHack script to make a unit pregnant through a reaction or something. I know a targeted pregnancy script exists.

Or you could make a breeding caste. Really not recommended though, for squick reasons.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: October 10, 2015, 07:02:40 pm »

Only between married couples of two different sexes.

There may be a DFHack script to make a unit pregnant through a reaction or something. I know a targeted pregnancy script exists.

Or you could make a breeding caste. Really not recommended though, for squick reasons.

Alas. Oh well, I guess male Koakumas need to exist for mechanical reasons still then. Thanks though!
EDIT:
What do you mean by a breeding caste anyway?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:10:32 pm by krisslanza »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: October 10, 2015, 07:19:34 pm »

A female caste of animal-level intelligence. Being considered an animal rather than a fully-civilized creature would mean that they would breed whenever they got the chance.

Has more than a few negative connotations, but I remember that some mods did have these 'concubines'. This does not work if the caste is male.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: October 12, 2015, 07:42:30 am »

Where I can find animal people fix (I mean - they only tell about attacking me instead of attacking me)?
Could anyone help me with this if it's possible?

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: October 12, 2015, 05:27:11 pm »

I know the one method of using inorganics that become gas/vapor upon being exposed to air that transmit syndromes, but I was wondering what other ways I could add asbestos, and make it desirable as it was in history, for making clay go quite far in pottery due to it being able to be made thinner, and make pots stronger. Also what other minerals are desirable and dangerous? in what ways could I add them?
Don't know what to put here... let me know if you have any ideas...

FriarVicaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: October 13, 2015, 10:14:43 am »

What's the best way to make a creature incredibly aggressive yet still tameable? I gave elephants the [CRAZED] tag which turned them back into bloodthirsty fortress destroyers but even when tamed, they still seem to attack everything that isn't an elephant.
WHAT'S THE MATTER ANDY? DON'T YOU WANT TO HAVE SOME !!FUN!!?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: October 13, 2015, 04:37:13 pm »

Make them [PRONE_TO_RAGE:#]. Higher numbers = rage more often.

Adjusting their personality may help as well, but I am not sure by how much. Good candidates for the [PERSONALITY:trait ID:%:%:%] tag may be VIOLENT or BRAVERY.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: October 14, 2015, 02:58:54 pm »

Hey, is there a list of all the different symbols useable for creature tiles somewhere? I'm a bit stupid and haven't found one, and I'm trying to make a creature look like a boulder, but keyboards don't have infinity symbols on them.
To my knowledge.
Er, atleast I think that's right.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 247