Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313466 times)

Hyperion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3495 on: October 16, 2015, 12:46:25 am »

Hello, first post here. Been trying to figure this modding out as I go along, but I finally hit a wall I couldnt overcome, nor did asking people I know solve my issue.

What Im trying to create is a creature transformation which turns your enemies into a walking resource farm. I am looking for them to have an immortal,impotent core made of porcelain, with a shearable layer of materials such as wax, wood, stone, meat, glass, and so on... basically a sheep that grows wood instead of wool.

Here is my Creature Raw
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The issue I'm having is that they seem to be made entirely of porcelain. In the arena, you would expect that creatures made of fat and soap and wax would melt faster than ones of glass, but this does not happen. They simply do not melt or show any sign of injury until I raise the temperature high enough to melt the porcelain core. The only thing that happens when I raise the temperature is that they become immobile for some reason.

I have tried making the flesh layer a [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER] that heals, a [/size][TISSUE_SHAPE:STRANDS] that grow, I have messed around with layer order and such.

Im really at a loss as to why this wont work. Does anyone have an idea as to how I can turn my pitiful walking kebabs into a reality?

Also, are there any materials which cannot be made shearable? are there any which cannot be made milkable? (I was planning to make a category of them milkable for materials such as water, honey, lye, etc.)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: October 16, 2015, 02:18:49 am »

Every other vanilla shearable creature's shearable material has the [YARN] token(don't know how important this is).
Also transformations can't alter the creature's civ info so they'll remain hostile and I don't think you can shear hostile creatures. And I know your dwarves won't try to shear non-sameciv creatures so you are probably going to have to settle for item/corpses for resource collection anyway.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: October 16, 2015, 10:48:14 am »

Don't stick [YARN] on them or your dwarves will start making harrowed man meat cloth.

ChildServices

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: October 17, 2015, 03:57:39 pm »

Will [IS_SPHERE] work within deity curse interactions? I'm attempting to create a "blessing" given by valor/war/courage gods using the curse mechanics.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: October 17, 2015, 05:54:11 pm »

Try it, I'm curious. What could possibly go wrong!

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: October 18, 2015, 01:44:04 am »

Will [EXTRACT_STORAGE:VIAL] let me store an extract in flasks and waterskins as well, or is a vial required? If a vial is required - how do I make them widely available in adventure mode, apart from allowing them to be crafted? Is there any way to let it go into a waterskin/flask?

Edit: Realized it's easier to simply say it goes into a flask in the reaction, heh.

Edit2: Is there any way to make growths disappear when they're picked up in adventure mode? Alternatively, is it possible to pick a whole bush? I want a rare plant, being able to pick the same growth over and over kind of ruins it...

Edit3: The questions in edit2 still stand, but I'd also need some assistance with creating a nice, deadly syndrome for these rare plants.

Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
           [SYN_NAME:deadberry poison]
           [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
           [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SPIDER_CAVE:ALL]
           [SYN_INJECTED]
           [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:10000:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:300:END:2000]
Doesn't seem to quite do the trick. Also tried targeting the lungs with [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:10000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:300:END:2000], but neither seems to work :/ Anything that kills the victim will do, really. :)

Edit 4: Is there any fast way to make the human civilizations always have my custom berries in their food bags? Having to restart in different towns/reroll worlds gets tedious...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:23:06 am by TheDorf »
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: October 18, 2015, 04:45:24 am »

Where I can find animal people fix (I mean - they only tell about attacking me instead of attacking me)?
Could anyone help me with this if it's possible?
*bump
I really need this guys!
Then can do not speak at all, but I just want it to make my adventure mode complete (in my opinion of course).
How could I do this?
Could anyone tried to fix animal peoples? (I mean - animal people who should to be hostile to me)
I can't remove this post now. I just start new topic and create new thread.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 04:47:19 am by Tilogour »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: October 18, 2015, 01:14:59 pm »

Edit2: Is there any way to make growths disappear when they're picked up in adventure mode? Alternatively, is it possible to pick a whole bush? I want a rare plant, being able to pick the same growth over and over kind of ruins it...

Edit3: The questions in edit2 still stand, but I'd also need some assistance with creating a nice, deadly syndrome for these rare plants.

[SYNDROME]
           [SYN_NAME:deadberry poison]
           [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SPIDER_CAVE:ALL]
           [SYN_INJECTED]
           [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:10000:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:300:END:2000]
Doesn't seem to quite do the trick. Also tried targeting the lungs with [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:10000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:300:END:2000], but neither seems to work :/ Anything that kills the victim will do, really. :)

Edit 4: Is there any fast way to make the human civilizations always have my custom berries in their food bags? Having to restart in different towns/reroll worlds gets tedious...

Can't make growths disappear after being picked, to my knowledge. Fort Mode Herbalists take the whole bush, but not in Adventure Mode.

That syndrome only has [SYN_INJECTED]. You will probably want to add [SYN_INGESTED] so that eating it causes the syndrome as well.

Don't know about the last point though. I'm not certain of how you guarantee entities to have certain types of items, beyond metals.

lion95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: October 20, 2015, 07:20:19 pm »

How would I go about giving hydras poisonous (necrotic) blood?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: October 20, 2015, 07:24:50 pm »

Find the tag [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] in the hydra's raws, then add the syndrome to it.

Something like this:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:hydra blood contact]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:HYDRA:ALL]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:START:0]

This will make the area that the blood touches rot if the body part is not covered by armour or clothing.

lion95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: October 20, 2015, 07:29:09 pm »

Find the tag [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] in the hydra's raws, then add the syndrome to it.

Something like this:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:hydra blood contact]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:HYDRA:ALL]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:START:0]

This will make the area that the blood touches rot if the body part is not covered by armour or clothing.

So I can modify the creature mats inside the creature itself? I don't have to go define a new material and then say this creature uses it, gotcha.  :D

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: October 20, 2015, 10:33:36 pm »

Most things can be defined inside the creature, except for interactions and body parts.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: October 25, 2015, 10:50:01 pm »

Is egg laying mutually exclusive with birthing? (Including unusual eggs, which dont end up as an offspring)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: October 25, 2015, 11:07:22 pm »

yes

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: October 26, 2015, 01:02:38 am »

Can you make a creature HATEABLE without making it a vermin?
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 247