Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313581 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #435 on: July 20, 2014, 05:02:55 pm »

I've been trying to remove/reduce butchery products. It seems that every single body part and organ is removed and prepared despite my best attempts.
I tried to add [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:STONE:WHITE_GAS] to all the appropriate tissues,(WHITE_GAS uses a boiling rock template) This results in meat rocks, as it does not appear that the game is giving it the proper material.
Anyone know any workarounds to this?

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 20, 2014, 06:35:56 pm »

Hello Forum,

just one small question: How do I enable certain pets and embark items for certain entities?

Say, I create a kind of "Golem-Pet", that only my modded Metal Dwarves, but not my Stone Dwarves are supposed to get?
The same goes for special weapons and the like.

On a second topic; how do I prevent items from showing up on embark? Like the legendary weapon my dwarves can craft (with a low chance) shouldn't be selectable, of course.

Third question (while I am at it  :D): Is it possible to let a reaction in a workshop produce either product Aor Product B?

Thank you in advance.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 20, 2014, 06:37:31 pm »

Pets you can't. Items shouldn't be selectable unless you specifically enable them in the entity. Exclusive products aren't possible.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 20, 2014, 07:13:10 pm »

I've been trying to remove/reduce butchery products. It seems that every single body part and organ is removed and prepared despite my best attempts.
I tried to add [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:STONE:WHITE_GAS] to all the appropriate tissues,(WHITE_GAS uses a boiling rock template) This results in meat rocks, as it does not appear that the game is giving it the proper material.
Anyone know any workarounds to this?
Couple problems with this.  First of all, it's supposed to take an ITEM token, not a material token. I.e. ITEM:ITEM_SUB_TYPE, so there's no place to specify material. The material is just the material you are putting the token in. The second field is item subtype, which stone doesn't have one of, so it gets ignored.

Secondly, BUTCHER_SPECIAL is currently bugged anyway. So even if it were an item with a subtype, like TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LADLE, it would not actually give you meat ladles. It would instead randomly choose a item subtype. Like randomly make meat ladles, meat cauldrons, meat large pots, etc.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 21, 2014, 01:00:39 am »

-SNIP- didn't realize there was a thread for creatures and entities
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:03:36 am by Boozebeard »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 21, 2014, 05:45:38 am »

-SNIP- didn't realize there was a thread for creatures and entities
It doesn't really matter, we use this thread for everything.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #441 on: July 21, 2014, 12:38:05 pm »

I was just going through and updating my offline wiki when I saw NO_GENDER, and it's in my old wiki too. Was there a point in this tag because I thought leaving [MALE][FEMALE] out was enough to make it genderless?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 21, 2014, 01:13:13 pm »

Does anyone have the raws for some of the new demons? If so, can you post the raws for an organic and an inorganic one, please?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 21, 2014, 01:26:47 pm »

I have extracted raws for 0.40.01 creatures, but they shouldn't have changed much. I'll edit some demons in in a bit.

Spoiler: inorganic demon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: organic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:29:04 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 21, 2014, 01:29:16 pm »

I was just going through and updating my offline wiki when I saw NO_GENDER, and it's in my old wiki too. Was there a point in this tag because I thought leaving [MALE][FEMALE] out was enough to make it genderless?
It will correctly identify the creature as genderless and referr to the creature as "it". I guess you also don't risk strange bugs with breeding by using it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 21, 2014, 01:41:38 pm »

It will correctly identify the creature as genderless and referr to the creature as "it". I guess you also don't risk strange bugs with breeding by using it.
Actually, I believe NO_GENDER is mostly a legacy token. It's not used in the standard raws, such as for the bronze colossus, though it is used in the generated raws. I guess you can use it to remove genders from selected castes if you have a complex caste setup.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 21, 2014, 01:59:51 pm »

I use it as a placeholder for the other gender tags.

Darkweave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 21, 2014, 03:02:46 pm »

How involved a process would it be to have the above-ground animal people behave more like kobolds/above-ground-versions-of-subterranean-animal-people?

I assume I'd have to create an entity type and add all the above-ground animal people to it, give them some weapons, have them live in caves like kobolds do etc? If I wanted to have, say, two to three out of the possible types per world and no other above-ground animal people types I could give them a max starting civ number of 2/3? Would I also have to remove population and frequency information from their creature raws to make sure the ones not selected as civilizations are not put into the world as creatures?

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 21, 2014, 03:12:52 pm »

I am trying to give a creature scales on certain limbs, and I keep getting this error:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_metahuman.txt"
DRAGONEWT:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:SCALE
DRAGONEWT:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:LWING:SCALE
DRAGONEWT:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:RWING:SCALE

From what I can tell, I typed something there wrong, but I don't know what.
Here is the section of the creature RAWs that I believe has something wrong:
Code: [Select]
[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:2WINGS:]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HEAD_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYEBROW:EYEBROW_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW:ABOVE:BY_CATEGORY:EYE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYELASH:EYELASH_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH:FRONT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL:FRONT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER:SCALE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER:SCALE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:SCALE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER:SCALE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:SCALE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:LWING:SCALE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:RWING:SCALE]
Thanks for the help!
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 21, 2014, 03:19:37 pm »

The first problem is that it doesn't have a tail; the second is that I'm not sure if LWING and RWING are the correct categories (I think the category might just be WING, while those two are tokens, so you want BY_TOKEN if you want those; or you could just use BY_CATEGORY:WING)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 247