Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313846 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2014, 12:34:15 pm »

The only thing that I can think of that may or may not work is making its flesh metal or stone.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2014, 12:51:43 pm »

Are the manimals capable of reproducing and also what determines whether an animal can climb?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:22:37 pm by locustgate »

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2014, 01:02:33 pm »

3:3? Hm. It appears all weapons have the same Attack prepare/recover number currently. This is probably a huge effect on balance at the moment.

Correction: Whips have 4:4. I assume higher is longer preparation, and knives should be something like 2:1 instead of the same as a warhammer's 3:3

Note also, that creature attacks have the attack timing tags too. 

There's also the tag [ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK], which is found on whips and kicking attacks.  Not sure what the purpose of this tag is (you can only prepare one attack with the weapon?), but I think it's supposed to balance the previously massively OP whips.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:04:21 pm by samanato »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2014, 01:32:13 pm »

Hydras also have a tag something like multiattack independent, which from what he said in old devlogs about the hydra it may allow a hydra to make many simultaneous attacks with little to no debuff.

...Wonder if that works on weapons.  If so that may allow for an effective offhand weapon instead of a shield.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:33:51 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2014, 01:33:10 pm »

I believe it's meant to signify the fact that dual-wielding whips is just asking for trouble. Same for flying kicks - not for amateurs.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2014, 01:52:50 pm »

It seems a lot of the old personality aspects are no longer used/have been replaced. Also, PTW.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2014, 01:55:00 pm »

ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK doesn't seem to impede me much in the arena, though it may add a numerical debuff I'm just not seeing.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2014, 01:58:48 pm »

Coming up with an unexpected difficulty.  It seems necks have been completely redone.  And the standalone neck BP seems to no longer connect to any other parts properly.

Code: (body_default neck entry) [Select]
[BODY:NECK]
[BP:NECK:upper spine:STP][CON_CAT:NECK][NERVOUS][INTERNAL][SMALL][SKELETON][CONNECTOR][CATEGORY:SPINE]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]
[PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE]
I don't recognize how it's connecting in there.  Surely it has to do with CON_CAT but I don't recall seeing that tag before.  There is a similar thing with throats.

Anybody know that tag or came across a spot where the standalone neck is used in a creature to see if it can be figured out?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2014, 02:03:43 pm »

Are the time units for the [GROWTH_TIMING] token still counted in 1200 ticks per day in fort mode? For example, something like

Code: [Select]
[GROWTH:GRAIN]
[GROWTH_NAME:cave wheat grains:cave wheat grains]
[GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:GRAIN]
[GROWTH_DENSITY:1000]
[GROWTH_TIMING:60000:119999]
[GROWTH_PRINT:250:250:6:0:0:60000:119999:2]

would take somewhere around two to three months to grow? How does this figure into harvesting the crop with the actual grains/fruit/etc. attached?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2014, 02:04:49 pm »

The standalone NECK is actually the upper spine; it connects to the new actual neck part, which was added so that you could, say, have the head hang off a ragged stump.

You want HUMANOID_NECK or QUADRUPED_NECK instead of HUMANOID or QUADRUPED instead.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2014, 02:11:56 pm »

Are the time units for the [GROWTH_TIMING] token still counted in 1200 ticks per day in fort mode? For example, something like

would take somewhere around two to three months to grow? How does this figure into harvesting the crop with the actual grains/fruit/etc. attached?

It used to be 1080 or something ticks to a SEASON for growth. However, when he overhauled it for this version, it would make sense if he standardized it in the process to use the same format of time as everything else in the raws, which would be 1200 a day. And that seems to add up to sensible numbers, whereas the old format doesnt (60,000 would = many years).

I'm more interested in growth_density. Does that affect harvested stack size?
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2014, 02:16:28 pm »

The standalone NECK is actually the upper spine; it connects to the new actual neck part, which was added so that you could, say, have the head hang off a ragged stump.

You want HUMANOID_NECK or QUADRUPED_NECK instead of HUMANOID or QUADRUPED instead.
Ok cool, that makes sense then.  Might need to make a new bodypart for wyverns then, since there doesn't seem to be a neck version of HUMANOID_ARMLESS.  Or I might just redo them altogether anyway since a lot of creatures seem to be easier to redo than convert.

Thanks much.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:19:49 pm by Greiger »

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2014, 02:19:00 pm »

It used to be 1080 or something ticks to a SEASON for growth. However, when he overhauled it for this version, it would make sense if he standardized it in the process to use the same format of time as everything else in the raws, which would be 1200 a day. And that seems to add up to sensible numbers, whereas the old format doesnt (60,000 would = many years).

I'm more interested in growth_density. Does that affect harvested stack size?

Plump helmets still have [GROWDUR:300] though.  Might be, that those values coexist now. 

Also as it turns out, the GROWTH_TIMING isn't the actual time to grow, it's supposed to be in what season the growth appears. For cave wheat grains it might make more sense to leave out the growth timings altogether, like the quarry bush leaves.  Though it might be interesting to restrict outdoor wheat to autumn.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:21:17 pm by samanato »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2014, 02:22:52 pm »

Ok cool, that makes sense then.  Might need to make a new bodypart for wyverns then, since there doesn't seem to be a neck version of HUMANOID_ARMLESS.  Or I might just redo them altogether anyway since a lot of creatures seem to be easier to redo than convert.

Thanks much.

HUMANOID_ARMLESS_NECK

Not sure why that one is so non-standard.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2014, 02:28:18 pm »

Plump helmets still have [GROWDUR:300] though.  Might be, that those values coexist now. 

Also as it turns out, the GROWTH_TIMING isn't the actual time to grow, it's supposed to be in what season the growth appears. For cave wheat grains it might make more sense to leave out the growth timings altogether, like the quarry bush leaves.  Though it might be interesting to restrict outdoor wheat to autumn.
Curious. As crops, the new crops still need something that specifies how long they take to grow, though. Where is that number?
Or maybe they still have a grow_dur, but it is just assumed by default if not written out to be 300?
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 247