Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313268 times)

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #465 on: July 24, 2014, 08:51:14 pm »

How exactly do you get to the FB Titan and Demon raws after generating a world? I know that TheFlame52 grabbed some demons from a genned world and stuck em into his mod, how would I go about doing it with FBs Titans and Demons?

They're in the world.dat in each save folder.  You can't use the tags associated with FB's, titans and demons but iirc, at least demons are generatable by using [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5] and [FLIER], which lets them swarm out of hell along with the generated demons. 

Titans are like overworld megabeasts, and presumably they would be simulated with actual megabeasts.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:55:14 pm by samanato »

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 24, 2014, 08:59:56 pm »

How exactly do you get to the FB Titan and Demon raws after generating a world? I know that TheFlame52 grabbed some demons from a genned world and stuck em into his mod, how would I go about doing it with FBs Titans and Demons?

They're in the world.dat in each save folder.  You can't use the tags associated with FB's, titans and demons but iirc, at least demons are generatable by using [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5] and [FLIER], which lets them swarm out of hell along with the generated demons. 

Titans are like overworld megabeasts, and presumably they would be simulated with actual megabeasts.

Do you mean the world.sav file? And is there something special you have to do to open it, cause when I open it through wordpad, it's ust a bunch of gibberish.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 24, 2014, 09:01:58 pm »

Do you mean the world.sav file? And is there something special you have to do to open it, cause when I open it through wordpad, it's ust a bunch of gibberish.

The world.dat needs to be uncompressed to see the raws. 

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 24, 2014, 09:06:23 pm »

How would you go about doing that?

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 24, 2014, 09:09:59 pm »

It's the setting [COMPRESSED_SAVES:YES] in the /data/init/init.txt. To generate worlds with uncompressed saves, it should be switched to NO.

You can also view the raws (both compressed and uncompressed) with DFHack, though it's not out yet for the current version.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 24, 2014, 09:10:48 pm »

It's the setting [COMPRESSED_SAVES:YES] in the /data/init/init.txt. To generate worlds with uncompressed saves, it should be switched to NO.

You can also view the raws (both compressed and uncompressed) with DFHack, though it's not out yet for the current version.

Ok thanks

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 25, 2014, 05:29:51 am »

Also, if you can run php scripts, Quietust has one for extracting the generated raws both from compressed saves and uncompressed saves.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 25, 2014, 10:05:43 am »

How does succession by position work? I want to have a noble that is replaced by a lesser noble (e.g. duke is replaced by count) if he dies. Is that possible?
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 25, 2014, 03:30:37 pm »

Um.
Is there a guide for 0.34 -> 0.40 adaptation?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 25, 2014, 03:37:50 pm »

Um.

1. SPEED and SWIM_SPEED are replaced with GAIT
2. Stuff has necks now; if your things have necks, replace HUMANOID with HUMANOID_NECK and QUADRUPED with QUADRUPED_NECK. Some other things have necks too, like QUADRUPED_NECK_HOOF
3. Attacks have prepare and recover times and some ATTACK_FLAG things can be applied to weapons (mostly just multattack stuff AFAIK). These can be ignored for the most part, as PREPARE_AND_RECOVER stuff have defaults. However, it's a good idea to update anyway, especially for things like kicks which should have ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #475 on: July 25, 2014, 05:45:52 pm »

Um.
Here's my notes for you. I am 90% done updating OLDGENESIS. Takes like... 18-28 hours to update a very extensive mod into 0.40.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I need help with commanding something
[GROWTH_PRINT:0:6:2:0:0:ALL:1]
[GROWTH_PRINT:0:'*':6:0:0:NONE]
on trees so they won't look like crap in Ironhand/Phoebus. Help! How do they work!
0-5 is not the tile number in the tileset, tree leaves seem to use 59 tile and 172 tile.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:50:39 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 25, 2014, 05:54:39 pm »

I used DFWorldTinker, but it doesn't work for v0.40 at all. You can still get v0.34 demons and such, and I think someone posted some v0.40 demons several pages ago.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 25, 2014, 07:30:37 pm »

How does one find tokens? Like is there lists of tokens? I am aware of the wiki and how it lists all known tokens but I was wondering where they were found? Was it people just digging through raws and picking them out one at a time? Or is there some sort of official list I am missing?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 25, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »

How does one find tokens? Like is there lists of tokens? I am aware of the wiki and how it lists all known tokens but I was wondering where they were found? Was it people just digging through raws and picking them out one at a time? Or is there some sort of official list I am missing?

.exe string dump + file changes + diffing raws + notes in the raws & examples included + asking Toady

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 26, 2014, 03:50:34 am »

I need help with commanding something
[GROWTH_PRINT:0:6:2:0:0:ALL:1]
[GROWTH_PRINT:0:'*':6:0:0:NONE]
on trees so they won't look like crap in Ironhand/Phoebus. Help! How do they work!
0-5 is not the tile number in the tileset, tree leaves seem to use 59 tile and 172 tile.

Um. Can be wrong, or understood the problem wrong, but have you tried the d_init file editing? there's

Tiles for the parts of trees.

[TREE_ROOT_SLOPING:127]
[TREE_TRUNK_SLOPING:127]
[TREE_ROOT_SLOPING_DEAD:127]
[TREE_TRUNK_SLOPING_DEAD:127]
[TREE_ROOTS:172] etc
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 247