Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 312598 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #540 on: July 30, 2014, 12:12:38 pm »

Either result works for me, as long as there's less immortal elven babies being born and causing elf civs to explode and expand in worldgen.
I should do that with goblins, since I usually see those everywhere.
They dominated a world besides a tiny band of kobolds in one world I generated. Killed off every remaining human, elf, and dwarf.
Usually, in my vanilla worlds, there are not many goblins. They are at war with every civilization, and they murder each other to boot.
I'm playing vanilla currently (v1.01 got delayed by the hype train) and my worlds either have tons of everything but goblins or tons of goblins.
Either they get destroyed early in worldgen or they destroy everything early in worldgen.

MoonMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 30, 2014, 07:05:51 pm »

Is there any way to make a reaction use the raw hair you get from butchering rather than hair that has been spun into thread? I'm trying

[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:HAIR]
[USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
[UNROTTEN]

I think it's just ignoring the first line because I can use any of the products from butchering an animal.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 30, 2014, 07:07:50 pm »

Get rid of the material info and try using the [ANY_STRAND_TISSUE] tag.

MoonMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 30, 2014, 07:24:28 pm »

Get rid of the material info and try using the [ANY_STRAND_TISSUE] tag.

Thanks, I actually used that tag while keeping my reagent info and it worked perfectly.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 31, 2014, 08:55:10 am »

Is this for real?
decorations with bone/etc. no longer use up the entire stack

I mean, does this work for custom reactions as well?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:58:50 am by Valikdu »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 31, 2014, 09:06:37 am »

Is this for real?
decorations with bone/etc. no longer use up the entire stack

I mean, does this work for custom reactions as well?
The reactions-related bug report is still open, though it is likely Toady'll get to it today. Perhaps the changes Toady made already resolved it, but either way, chances should be good.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 31, 2014, 02:41:36 pm »

Tried modding dimple cups to be brewable to make them more useful. Not sure if I did it right. Coincidentally, the still doesn't have the brew drink (b) reaction available. Only options are extract plants and make mead. Not sure if this is a bug with the game version or a bug with my modding. Help?

Spoiler: code (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 31, 2014, 02:49:59 pm »

The material reaction product goes inside the STRUCTURAL material definition.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 31, 2014, 02:57:39 pm »

So, this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 31, 2014, 03:08:24 pm »

Yeah. Check errorlog.txt.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 31, 2014, 03:23:09 pm »

The only error I got in the errorlog is a repeat of the line "camp order missing parent -- army will camp forever" which has nothing to do with brewing or plants.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 31, 2014, 04:05:56 pm »

So, this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would add [STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:MIDNIGHT_BLUE] to the drink and make its color 1:0:0, but that's just because I would want to imagine a barkeep looking at it and shrugging "It is... it is blue."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:12:34 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 31, 2014, 04:49:06 pm »

I'm trying to make an icebreath attack.
I created a new material template because reasons for this that is similar to water except for the fact it's a gas at room temperature, and it has to be absurdly cold for it to not be a gas.
However, when made into a dust-breath (which would make it at the correct temperature for it to exist at such a point), it is still a harmless room-temperature gas instead of a freeze-off-your-smaller-body-parts dust.
Troubleshooting?
And before you ask, yes I'm making wizards.
Oh, and they and their female version are still addressed as "humans" and don't blink between their alttile.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 31, 2014, 04:53:42 pm »

I'm trying to make an icebreath attack.
I created a new material template because reasons for this that is similar to water except for the fact it's a gas at room temperature, and it has to be absurdly cold for it to not be a gas.
However, when made into a dust-breath (which would make it at the correct temperature for it to exist at such a point), it is still a harmless room-temperature gas instead of a freeze-off-your-smaller-body-parts dust.
Troubleshooting?
And before you ask, yes I'm making wizards.
Oh, and they and their female version are still addressed as "humans" and don't blink between their alttile.

Has your material a MAT_FIXED_TEMP?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 31, 2014, 04:54:58 pm »

I would add [STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:MIDNIGHT_BLUE] to the drink and make its color 1:0:0, but that's just because I would want to imagine a barkeep looking at it and shrugging "It is... it is blue."
Oh, yeah. Missed the color change, originally I was making dimple cups brew to dwarven brandy. In retrospect cheap dwarven moonshine that was akin to drinking paint seemed more fitting becuase dimple cups also make dye, so I changed the names, but missed the colors.

Thanks for that.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 247