Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313573 times)

Sinnach

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #930 on: August 25, 2014, 06:31:46 pm »

So I'm trying to add a reaction to convert imported, cut rock crystals into raw, glass ready ones.  I can't seem to figure out the reagent line.  Anyone know what the tags are for cut rock crystals?

I can get it to spit out rough rock crystals when I remove the reagent line so I know the product line is fine.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 26, 2014, 01:33:47 am »

What would I need to put in to get a reaction to use dragon bone and cave dragon bone in a reaction at the forge? I can't find which save file I was using to work on the previous reaction, 50+ worlds can do that to you. Also, reactions respect player-made metals, right? Just checking.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 26, 2014, 01:39:20 am »

Do regular dragons and cave dragons both use the same bone material, or alternatively to that, do they both have a reaction class?

In an unmodded game, calling dragon or cave-d bones in a reaction would mean the material line would be this:
Code: [Select]
CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:BONE
CREATURE_MAT:CAVE_DRAGON:BONE

What exactly do you mean by 'respecting materials'? Reactions can use player-made things, if that's what you mean.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 26, 2014, 01:43:01 am »

Yeah, that's what I met. Thanks!
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 26, 2014, 01:52:11 am »

I did this right, right?
[REACTION:BURNING_STEEL_MAKING]
[NAME:make burning steel bars]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:300:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL]
[REAGENT:B:98:CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:BONE]
[REAGENT:C:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
[REAGENT:D:300:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:3:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:BURNING_STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 26, 2014, 01:54:55 am »

98 dragon bones? Other than that (which may be intentional anyway), perfect.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 26, 2014, 01:56:57 am »

Oh, thought that'd add up to two of them. They say 49 in the description. I was thinking 2-8 area.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 26, 2014, 01:59:16 am »

That would be a single stack of 49 bones you are looking at :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 26, 2014, 02:01:54 am »

Yeah, looking at only one set of bones may cause you issues, heh.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 26, 2014, 02:13:00 am »

Oh... Okay. So a fully grown cave dragon produces 60, a fully grown dragon makes 98, my modded venomous dragon makes 125, and the mountain dragon makes 19, times three-seven, since it's a pack dragon, 57-133 per pack, and they can be bread rather well, so there's a supply of dragon bones... I'm thinking ten dragon bones should make the steel-dragon bone alloy, of each type of dragon. I'll experiment with adding a syndrome that causes bleeding and pain to the venomous dragon's alloy, but if that doesn't work, ohwell, I'll still have a steel alloy equal to divine metals. WHICH I still can't find the raw file for, which I've seen before in screenshots. Need to find out it's properties and copy them to the Burning Steel properties. Two steel bars+ten dragon bones+one flux stone+two fuels= three burning steel. If you've got a cave dragon/mountain dragon hatchery going, a mineral rich map/lots of trade for flux stone and iron, you can have a successful burning steel industry going. Hurray!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 26, 2014, 02:15:35 am »

I'll be releasing the Draconic Soul Creature Set in a few days. Naturally, Draconians will detest the idea of hunting, capturing, and butchering the bones of their ancestors for a nice metal, so they'll be unable to make it. I may make a just-under steel version of it, made with iron, for the humans. This would give the humans and dwarves a bonus the combat-superior Draconians don' have.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 26, 2014, 04:58:19 pm »

What marks materials as being unacceptable to elves?  I've changed up the steel reactions so it requires charcoal and/or wood to make, and thought it would be funny to make elves refuse it.  Is this behaviour hardcoded for say, soap?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 26, 2014, 05:33:25 pm »

[IMPLIES_PLANT_KILL]

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 26, 2014, 06:17:17 pm »

Well Divine Metals can't seem to be found in the un-compressed save folders or raw, I checked in inorganic_metal, which is where it should be. What's the raw extract? I've never really used many third party utilities, beside reveal and prospect, until recently. Or, if anyone could, could they just put the divine metal stats here? Like all those sheer yield, max edge, all those.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 26, 2014, 06:18:47 pm »

They're identical to adamantine with all instances of 5000000 replaced with 2000000.

They're named something along the lines of HF(id)W(something), IIRC. It's confusing. They contain the HFID:X tag, which connects it to a hist fig of a certain ID (the ID being a piece of info hidden to the player).
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 247