Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313593 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #945 on: August 26, 2014, 06:40:06 pm »

Ah, okay. It's odd how he'd make the best metal in the game easily accessible, but the second best hidden.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 26, 2014, 07:06:39 pm »

That's mostly an issue of these raws being generated as part of the save and Adamantine not.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 26, 2014, 07:15:39 pm »

Copy adamantine's stats in, replace 5000000's with 2000000's, and switch the values for blunt damage, minus density and weight, in for steel's. It'll be a bit different than divine metal, but not by much. Maybe make it some heavier, but not as heavy as steel. It's not supposed to be a game breaker metal.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Katarumi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 26, 2014, 08:56:43 pm »

Is there a way to get a race to only use a small subset of plants? For example, I have a race of Naga. I want them to be able to grow coral, and only coral. Currently, coral are listed as outdoor plants, so adding the tag [OUTDOOR_FARMING] to the entity file allows them to farm coral. Unfortunately it also allows them to farm a very large number of other things that I don't really want them having.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 26, 2014, 10:05:27 pm »

Did some tests in arena: burning steel is nearly unaffected by iron and bronze armor, unskilled dwarves slicing arms and heads off with ease against fully armoured iron dwarves. Steel held somewhat, but still got out with no deaths on the burning steel side. Divine metal versus burning steel came down to who got lucky, as the long swords, aces, and spears couldn't pierce the other armors. They're exactly even. I can't quite figure out how to make the hammers as effective without getting rid of lightness or defense effectiveness. Versus adamantine, it was a defensive fight, with cuts and missing extremities on both sides. Missing eyes were common. Adamantine won, but they lost three dwarves. Then, with everyone grand mastered, it turned into steel losing outright versus burning steel, divine metals losing all dwarves, with burning steel losing three, and adamantine having no losses.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 27, 2014, 09:13:20 pm »

Are there any changes to the biome tags in 0.40.x?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 27, 2014, 09:35:41 pm »

Is there a way to get a race to only use a small subset of plants? For example, I have a race of Naga. I want them to be able to grow coral, and only coral. Currently, coral are listed as outdoor plants, so adding the tag [OUTDOOR_FARMING] to the entity file allows them to farm coral. Unfortunately it also allows them to farm a very large number of other things that I don't really want them having.

I don't believe you can limit entities down to specific plants.

Are there any changes to the biome tags in 0.40.x?

I don't think so. All I know for certain is that entities can now have the tags [EXCLUSIVE_START_BIOME:biome] and [SETTLEMENT_BIOME:biome]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:40:25 pm by BlackFlyme »

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 27, 2014, 10:01:59 pm »

I've created some new INORGANICS, but they aren't being recognized by the game. In the error log I get repeated errors that various reactions cannot be finalized because of an unrecognized inorganic token.

errorlog.txt:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These tokens are described in the inorganic_kobold file which contains the following:

Here's the reactions in question:

I've successfully designed inorganics and had them work before, and I can't, looking at this, see why this wouldn't work. Perhaps someone else can see what I've done wrong?

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 28, 2014, 06:20:18 am »

Yet another tileset question:
Is it true, that tile 216 (╪) used in .40 (and probably .34 too) only as "designation-to-place-metal-door" mark, but not as a metal door itself?
All of the metal doors i tried (gold, iron, copper, silver) were depicted by tile 240 (≡ aka Bars) and i want to be sure that there is no special cases i missed. ::)
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 28, 2014, 06:30:53 am »

@HelloLion, is that inorganic file called inorganic_kobold.txt?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 28, 2014, 07:18:51 am »

@HelloLion, is that inorganic file called inorganic_kobold.txt?

Yes.

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 28, 2014, 09:35:24 am »

Is it true, that tile 216 (╪) used in .40 (and probably .34 too) only as "designation-to-place-metal-door" mark, but not as a metal door itself?
All of the metal doors i tried (gold, iron, copper, silver) were depicted by tile 240 (≡ aka Bars) and i want to be sure that there is no special cases i missed. ::)

This appears to be the case in my experience (I also studied this phenomena when creating my tileset)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:58 am »

Hey guys, do you know what could be causing this error? 'Unsupported CE add tag: NOBRE!' I got it in relation to this bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=277 but no idea if it's related or something completely separate.

I'm just asking if you guys recognize what the error is. I didn't make any changes to the entities and like I said in the bug report, the only changes I made were to remove aquifers (via the starter pack) and gave kobolds normal speech.

Edit: Made a new world and a new adventurer and don't see the error, so......
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:11:31 am by smjjames »

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 28, 2014, 11:19:56 am »

This appears to be the case in my experience (I also studied this phenomena when creating my tileset)
Thanks, this seems to be true. I just tried few other metal and alloys and they still are ≡
also found out, that ╪ is designation for any door, not just metal ones
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 28, 2014, 11:55:01 am »

Hey guys, do you know what could be causing this error? 'Unsupported CE add tag: NOBRE!' I got it in relation to this bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=277 but no idea if it's related or something completely separate.

I'm just asking if you guys recognize what the error is. I didn't make any changes to the entities and like I said in the bug report, the only changes I made were to remove aquifers (via the starter pack) and gave kobolds normal speech.

Edit: Made a new world and a new adventurer and don't see the error, so......
From the error, I guess there was a CE_ADD_TAG:NOBRE! somewhere in the raws. Seems like someone was enthusiastic when it came to attempting to make someone a noble (in portuguese) via interactions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 247