Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 310235 times)

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #960 on: August 28, 2014, 01:34:15 pm »

I solved the Wicker and Blood issues, turns out I didn't specify a tile and that was the issue. Whoops!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 28, 2014, 01:45:29 pm »

Hey guys, do you know what could be causing this error? 'Unsupported CE add tag: NOBRE!' I got it in relation to this bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=277 but no idea if it's related or something completely separate.

I'm just asking if you guys recognize what the error is. I didn't make any changes to the entities and like I said in the bug report, the only changes I made were to remove aquifers (via the starter pack) and gave kobolds normal speech.

Edit: Made a new world and a new adventurer and don't see the error, so......
From the error, I guess there was a CE_ADD_TAG:NOBRE! somewhere in the raws. Seems like someone was enthusiastic when it came to attempting to make someone a noble (in portuguese) via interactions.

I also mentioned this in Peridexis's thread for the starter pack, so.....

The Bastard of France

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 29, 2014, 09:36:05 am »

Trying to make a custom building (this is my first time modding) and for some reason the building won't even show up in the workshop menu.

Here are the raws for it

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please help
You know humanity is progressing when we learn new ways to kill each other.

"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity."
JFK
(This quote is so related to DF in ways both good and bad)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #963 on: August 29, 2014, 09:39:55 am »

Did you add [PERMITTED_BUILDING:GUNSMITH] to your entity and generated a new world?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 29, 2014, 04:29:48 pm »

Is anyone else having more worlds rejected than in .34, when lots of entity objects are added?  I have about ten right now, and it can reject twenty worlds until it runs the history unless I lower the number of civs.

Also, for some reason making cavern layers with no plants or trees locks up the game...??
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:47:26 pm by samanato »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 29, 2014, 05:08:26 pm »

Is anyone else having more worlds rejected than in .34, when lots of entity objects are added?  I have about ten right now, and it can reject twenty worlds until it runs the history unless I lower the number of civs.

Also, for some reason making cavern layers with no plants or trees locks up the game...??
Maybe it's because you still have an entity with underground plants enabled? Just speculation, but it's what came to mind.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 29, 2014, 05:17:18 pm »

Shouldn't be why, since the plantless cavern layer was the third one.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 29, 2014, 06:44:28 pm »

So I want to make a creature that appears in hell, and wont get into fights with demons, but still be hostile to your fort or adventurer if you breach hell. Are there tags to make this possible?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 29, 2014, 06:53:40 pm »

So I want to make a creature that appears in hell, and wont get into fights with demons, but still be hostile to your fort or adventurer if you breach hell. Are there tags to make this possible?

To make it appear in hell, give it [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5] in addition to a subterranean biome.

To ensure hostility, you may want to give it [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] or [CRAZED]

Not certain about getting them to ally with demons though.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 29, 2014, 07:16:18 pm »

To make it appear in hell, give it [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5] in addition to a subterranean biome.

To ensure hostility, you may want to give it [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] or [CRAZED]

Not certain about getting them to ally with demons though.
AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE seems to do the trick. If you add either OPPOSED_TO_LIFE or CRAZED, though, they'll be hostile to demons. Just add LIKES_FIGHTING and LARGE_PREDATOR and maybe NOFEAR and/or NOEMOTION I guess.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 29, 2014, 08:47:37 pm »

Did I do this right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 30, 2014, 04:53:56 am »

Looks good. You may want to increase the frequency though, otherwise you might never see your hellhounds.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

panstach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 30, 2014, 05:54:46 am »

Could someone explain, if it's possible, how to create creatures from workshop reactions? Thanks!

The Bastard of France

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 30, 2014, 07:05:46 am »

Did you add [PERMITTED_BUILDING:GUNSMITH] to your entity and generated a new world?

...no...
Forgot about that
Sorry for taking your time over a simple mistake
You know humanity is progressing when we learn new ways to kill each other.

"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity."
JFK
(This quote is so related to DF in ways both good and bad)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #974 on: August 30, 2014, 08:43:41 am »

Could someone explain, if it's possible, how to create creatures from workshop reactions? Thanks!
possible with DFhack trickery. See threads http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137094.0
and creatures-from-interaction via ANIMATE bodypart http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106301.0
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 247