Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313173 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #975 on: August 30, 2014, 02:29:00 pm »

How do [NOEMOTION] and personality tokens interact?  Does noemotion render the personalities obsolete?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 30, 2014, 08:57:15 pm »

What does [NATURAL] do?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 30, 2014, 09:00:58 pm »

What does [NATURAL] do?

[NATURAL] means that they are considered a natural creature, and they won't fight with creatures that have [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE], such as elves.

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 31, 2014, 03:21:01 pm »

Is there any way at all to make child animals cost less than adult animals during embark?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 31, 2014, 08:37:24 pm »

Is there any way at all to make child animals cost less than adult animals during embark?
Not exactly but you can make castes have different costs and if you consider one caste a "child" caste that eventually transforms into an "adult" caste then... kinda. The suspension of disbelief is a tad high (especially while coding) because of how gamey it is.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #980 on: August 31, 2014, 09:11:26 pm »

Not exactly but you can make castes have different costs and if you consider one caste a "child" caste that eventually transforms into an "adult" caste then... kinda. The suspension of disbelief is a tad high (especially while coding) because of how gamey it is.
That could be a good suggestion for Toady. Similar to how BODY_SIZE grows with a certain amount of time, the value could also change.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 31, 2014, 10:21:22 pm »

That could be a good suggestion for Toady. Similar to how BODY_SIZE grows with a certain amount of time, the value could also change.
That would be quite a rework! You'd probably have to be able to specify ages at embark instead of the current child/adult system and it wouldn't be properly moddable unless you could change whether it would increase or decrease with age, by how much, and when the increases actually take place.
Quite a rework!
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 31, 2014, 10:56:07 pm »

That would be quite a rework! You'd probably have to be able to specify ages at embark instead of the current child/adult system and it wouldn't be properly moddable unless you could change whether it would increase or decrease with age, by how much, and when the increases actually take place.
Quite a rework!
Let's be honest, we'd ask for Toady to give us cheaper puppies and he'd take a year and come back with an extensible, flexible system for specifying life cycles of arbitrary complexity, including that alternating sporophyte/gametophyte thing some mosses do.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 31, 2014, 11:44:17 pm »

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction TIER_2_IRON
TIER_2_IRON:Unrecognized Item Token: 1

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TIER_2_IRON]
[NAME:purify iron bars]
[BUILDING:TIER_2_SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:300:BAR:NONE:METAL:IRON_1]
[PRODUCT:A:100:1:BAR:NONE:METAL:IRON_2][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

What is it I'm missing?  I do not understand where the error is coming from.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 31, 2014, 11:47:02 pm »

[PRODUCT:A:100:1:BAR:NONE:METAL:IRON_2][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

Should be

[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:METAL:IRON_2][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

You have an 'A' in the probability argument of the product line.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 01, 2014, 12:01:00 am »

Is there a way to make evil regions less likely?
I've been generating a lot of new worlds, because, on average, my worlds are half covered in evil. How can I fix this? Is there some raw section I can change?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 01, 2014, 12:06:00 am »

Are you using the advanced world generator, or are you just using the regular world generator?

I don't know about the regular generator. Maybe lower the savagery a bit?

But in the Advanced World Generator there are six options for how many good or evil areas there are in the world.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 01, 2014, 12:08:20 am »

Wait, there's options for that? I didn't know you could control that. I'll check them out.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 01, 2014, 01:02:42 am »

Could anyone give me some pixel art advice on making sprites with bare arms? I have slowly been working up to making a full drow tileset, and I'm having trouble getting uncovered arms, midriffs, legs, etc, to look good. Here's what I have so far with just some playing around:

x4

x1

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 01, 2014, 01:49:15 am »

Wait, there's options for that? I didn't know you could control that. I'll check them out.
There's options for *everything*. How much volcanoes/water/height/mountains/beasts there are, how they're distributed, everything. Even whether or not there are demons.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 247