Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 310205 times)

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #990 on: September 01, 2014, 06:17:00 am »

Is there a way to somehow edit/limit the list of tiles that game uses to draw unhidden engravings?
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 01, 2014, 10:32:45 am »

Could I make a "Mining Machine" creature that would be some kind of COMMON_DOMESTIC, have NATURAL_SKILL:MINING:12 or so, not be able to gain skill, and be able to work? I believe you need CAN_LEARN to have a non-citizen creature do work? Or is it possible at all?
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 01, 2014, 11:36:51 am »

There is the "construct-creature" thing in dfhack, which you can hook to a reaction.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 01, 2014, 12:12:19 pm »

There is the "construct-creature" thing in dfhack, which you can hook to a reaction.
Sorry, I meant would the creature be able to do mining work?
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 01, 2014, 02:21:15 pm »

Non-citizens don't do mining work. They cannot take most jobs. I think they can still fish though.

To do work, the creature must be from the civ's main race. For example, humans can't do work in a dwarven fort.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 02, 2014, 11:09:37 pm »

My plant growths always show as the wilted plant icon rather than their proper growth print.  This happens with growths produced from reactions as well as embark-bought fruits (when dumped from the bag with DFHack), but not caravan-brought ones.  Is this a known bug, and if so, is there a way to make the items display properly? 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 03, 2014, 09:19:01 am »

Do NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER creatures appear in the legents? I am having difficulty finding if my world has any xenomorphs which work in arena normally.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 03, 2014, 11:09:41 am »

I believe night_creature_hunters that also have large_roaming can end up being placed in their biomes, which would in turn result in some of them becoming historical figures as beasts (that was I believe the basis of a wrong bug report on my end). Otherwise, they either need the spouse converter tags or need to be the result of divine curses.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 03, 2014, 11:35:55 am »

I was wondering if it is possible to get tissue layers re-named for a creature, kind of the same way you'd use a bodygloss.

So, the skin would be named 'derma' or the sinews could be renamed 'insidey bits', or w.e.  But the layer would still function in a standard body plan.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 03, 2014, 11:39:02 am »

I was wondering if it is possible to get tissue layers re-named for a creature, kind of the same way you'd use a bodygloss.

So, the skin would be named 'derma' or the sinews could be renamed 'insidey bits', or w.e.  But the layer would still function in a standard body plan.

You can hack this using tissue layer color modifiers, specifically the TLCM_NOUN tag.  So, for example, a rocky creature could have its skin renamed as "rocky surface" in its description and combat logs.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 03, 2014, 11:49:22 am »

I believe night_creature_hunters that also have large_roaming can end up being placed in their biomes, which would in turn result in some of them becoming historical figures as beasts (that was I believe the basis of a wrong bug report on my end). Otherwise, they either need the spouse converter tags or need to be the result of divine curses.
My xenomorph is not a LARGE_ROAMING creature, it has spouse converted tag and converted case, however none of the legends exports have them in population infos... I am a bit confused why. I am pretty sure that setup used to work in 0.34.x.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 03, 2014, 12:02:45 pm »

My xenomorph is not a LARGE_ROAMING creature, it has spouse converted tag and converted case, however none of the legends exports have them in population infos... I am a bit confused why. I am pretty sure that setup used to work in 0.34.x.
Night creatures should appear. Does it have a lair?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 03, 2014, 12:40:54 pm »

My night creatures definitely work, so the only thing I can think of, as Deathsword has already asked, is that the xenomorphs might lack lair tags.

Sure. Just follow the example of sheep wool.
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]

[SELECT_TISSUE:HAIR]
[TISSUE_NAME:wool:NP]
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 03, 2014, 12:46:36 pm »

awesome, thanks

I was beating my head against the proverbial wall
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 03, 2014, 01:38:48 pm »

awesome, thanks

I was beating my head against the proverbial wall

This should make it seem less painful :)
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:WALL]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:feathery pillow]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:feathery pillow]

[SELECT_TISSUE:WALL]
[TISSUE_NAME:feathery pillow:STP]
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 247