Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316768 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2014, 11:40:07 pm »

I think it may just be gone now.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2014, 12:00:48 am »

It might be that job speed is now completely controlled by PHYS_ATT_RANGE and MENT_ATT_RANGE tokens alone.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2014, 05:59:35 am »

From my testing so far, it seem that pulping results in the part "collapsing".  So if say the lower body of an otherwise brainless, organless, and bloodless creature is beaten on enough it will collapse, resulting in instant death.
RIP Giant invulnerable sponges :(

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2014, 07:44:40 am »

[STANCE_CLIMBER]?
I haven't tested it, but I'm 77% sure it lets you climb if you don't have any [GRASP] body parts. BRB, adding it to non-humanoid demons.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2014, 07:58:46 am »

What causes a civilization to be hidden, i.e. kobold, is it caves or skulking?

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2014, 08:05:11 am »

I would be surprised if DF used long ints. I thought every variable was 32 bit integer?
IIRC temperature has a maximum value of 65,000 whatever that an unsigned long int would have (from absolute zero to dragonfire at around 50,000 urists, plus a little head room).

But if lower numbers of healing are faster, it's a moot point for these purposes. 

Did you actually test it though? A body made out of adamantine or whatever = not gonna get pulped in one hit probably, which then gives it time to heal before the next hit. It doesn't have to LITERALLY be 100% invulnerable in order to be for all intents of practical purposes invulnerable in-game.

Whether I have the material for the part with the [UPPERBODY] as adamantine or the material I made that is stronger than adamantine it ultimately gets pulped. This is even with the healing rate set to 1. A strong enough attack will just pulp it. I'm beginning to think that immortality isn't possible anymore or will require some very clever token abuse. I suppose I'll wait and see what mods the community comes up with.

I dug through the string dump list that Xangi was kind enough to provide us with earlier and found this tag [PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE]. I applied it to just the 'core' body part but that did nothing. Then I applied it to the core and the upper body and it still did nothing. Then I got really frustrated and applied it to every single body part. I think it worked. I have two of these (hopefully)unkillable creatures going at it in the arena for the last five minutes straight and neither has been able to kill the other yet. Usually one of them is dead within a few seconds. I'm going to test it a bit more to see how it works exactly but I think this may be a tag to prevent pulping.

Edit: Just had this creature up against Putnam's God of Destruction from his DBZ mod and it comes out on top every time. I can't seem to get a long test with two of them fighting for more than a few minutes without the game crashing. Could be the result of a flood of hacked off and regenerated body parts all over the place.

Here is a link to the creature in case anyone feels like messing with it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33114737/Regenerator_DF2014.zip

Edit: Link to a slightly cleaned up but mostly the same version.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33114737/regenerator.0.40.01.zip
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:31:46 pm by lanp »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2014, 08:12:03 am »

Yeah, it is. It's used on skulls and the sections of spinal cord to make sure that the bodyparts they're in can't crumple into gore until they're smashed into bits.

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2014, 09:26:11 am »

Is there any way to make a body structure that's only used by demons/titans/etc?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2014, 09:53:38 am »

Did Toady add the giant elephants and elephant men I've seen him mentioning? I can't find either in the raws in 40.01.

Is there any way to make a body structure that's only used by demons/titans/etc?
Far as I know demons and titans and forgotten beasts are all still procedurally generated from hard code in the game itself, not in the raws. You can make fake imitation demons in the raws but they won't be spawned in hell as a part of the demon zerg rush or anything.

What causes a civilization to be hidden, i.e. kobold, is it caves or skulking?
Should be skulking. Probably skulking.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2014, 10:15:08 am »

Far as I know demons and titans and forgotten beasts are all still procedurally generated from hard code in the game itself, not in the raws. You can make fake imitation demons in the raws but they won't be spawned in hell as a part of the demon zerg rush or anything.

Actually, user-defined demons do take part in the invasion from hell. At least, that's how it worked in 34.11, when you use reveal demon in dfhack. I've always got my resurrected .40d demons to spawn.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:16:49 am by samanato »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2014, 10:21:13 am »

Actually, user-defined demons do take part in the invasion from hell. At least, that's how it worked in 34.11, when you use reveal demon in dfhack. I've always got my resurrected .40d demons to spawn.
As far as I am aware they do spawn in hell, but not take part in the zerg rush, which is generated on the spot.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2014, 10:25:09 am »

Wait, [DEMON] can be used in user-defined raws now/again?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2014, 10:27:11 am »

No, but DEPTH:5:5 creatures with flying spawn in the initial wave, and 5:5 without FLYER spawn on the map-edge in the hfs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2014, 10:30:08 am »

That is going to be useful. Never knew about that.
I'm assuming this lets you have "HFS" with the HFS number set to 0 on worldgen?
Because that would let you control your own Fun.
"I don't want to deal with scorpions made of crystal glass. LET'S HAVE ANTS MADE OF MICROCLINE INSTEAD."

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2014, 10:31:00 am »

No, but DEPTH:5:5 creatures with flying spawn in the initial wave, and 5:5 without FLYER spawn on the map-edge in the hfs.
Huh. Did not know this.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 247