Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 310222 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1395 on: October 30, 2014, 05:01:23 pm »

There isn't really anything like that at all, nor can there be, unless setting the clock forwards with DFHack actually runs the world generation.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 30, 2014, 07:04:00 pm »

Now that the [LIKES_FIGHTING] tag has been removed, how do I make a creature that attacks anything that doesn't have the [AT_PEACE_WITH_NATURE] tag?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 30, 2014, 07:14:24 pm »

Now that the [LIKES_FIGHTING] tag has been removed, how do I make a creature that attacks anything that doesn't have the [AT_PEACE_WITH_NATURE] tag?
My first guess would be [LARGE_PREDATOR] which like to attack creatures smaller than itself.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 31, 2014, 01:15:51 am »

Why does this interaction have a habit of targeting the caster?
Code: [Select]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Assimilate]
[CDI:INTERACTION:WERECURSE_MALE]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:25]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK:TOUCHABLE]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:are growing hair. Suddenly your mind fills with thoughts of enlarging the pack:is growing hair]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:20]

It may be because you have TOUCHABLE in the usage hint. Touchable only works for TARGET_RANGE.
Still won't work. In fact, now it doesn't work at all, period. Let me show you the new RAWs.
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION]
[CDI:INTERACTION:WERECURSE_MALE]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:GRASP]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_THINK]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:TOUCHABLE]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:2]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:are growing hair. Suddenly your mind fills with thoughts of enlarging the pack:is growing hair]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:19:43 am by King Kravoka »
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 31, 2014, 06:10:11 am »

I just found a completely empty dark fortress full of doors connected to levers. And now I can't find my way back up. Is this supposed to happen or am I missing something?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 31, 2014, 07:22:09 am »

That's a vault. Pull some levers and find treasure.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 31, 2014, 08:11:28 am »

Still won't work. In fact, now it doesn't work at all, period. Let me show you the new RAWs.
Have I mentioned how good the wiki is? I'm going to name off a couple problems (one I furthered, sorry :-[) and then I'm going to post a revised code I saw work in the arena.
  • CAN_DO_INTERACTION:WERECURSE_MALE is what the first line should read if following my previous advice (then the CDI:INTERACTION line should be gone too)
  • IT_REQUIRES is for I_TARGET in the actual interaction definition. If it has those under the I_TARGET it won't be able to target not I_TARGETable creatures anyway (adventurer exception if interaction has IT_MANUAL_INPUT, still won't work if doesn't match I_TARGET)
  • Turns out TOUCHABLE is for TARGET and as such replaces LINE_OF_SIGHT, to my shame
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:WERECURSE_MALE]---was a generic curse for testing
[CDI:TARGET:A:TOUCHABLE]
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 31, 2014, 12:54:55 pm »

Have I mentioned how good the wiki is? I'm going to name off a couple problems (one I furthered, sorry :-[) and then I'm going to post a revised code I saw work in the arena.
  • CAN_DO_INTERACTION:WERECURSE_MALE is what the first line should read if following my previous advice (then the CDI:INTERACTION line should be gone too)
  • IT_REQUIRES is for I_TARGET in the actual interaction definition. If it has those under the I_TARGET it won't be able to target not I_TARGETable creatures anyway (adventurer exception if interaction has IT_MANUAL_INPUT, still won't work if doesn't match I_TARGET)
  • Turns out TOUCHABLE is for TARGET and as such replaces LINE_OF_SIGHT, to my shame
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:WERECURSE_MALE]---was a generic curse for testing
[CDI:TARGET:A:TOUCHABLE]
Yeah...still defective.

EDIT:Realized the problem, apparently I made it so the USER gets the message intended for the target, my mistake.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:06:31 pm by King Kravoka »
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 31, 2014, 05:03:32 pm »

I want to make a bird lay gems. How would I go about this?
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 31, 2014, 05:08:38 pm »

There isn't really anything like that at all, nor can there be, unless setting the clock forwards with DFHack actually runs the world generation.
If you run a small fort, possibly hacking for a single immortal dwarf to reduce lag, you can use dfHack to set the framerate really high and leave the game idle. Previously, one could pass years relatively quickly by repeatedly abandoning and reclaiming, but nowadays that only advances the game by 2 weeks a pop, so you're better off with the idle thing.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 31, 2014, 05:50:24 pm »

well if you start what ever mode and use gm-editor dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen() on the calender you could set the time forward by tick and year to your hearts consent for world gen.
though it's a hellishly long wait depending on what world you have and chances are toady didn't add the old worldgen mechanics outside of the people running around stealing towns and bases so don't expect any people becoming necromancers or baby snatchings after the world has stop generating for the first time.
it's the same thing with the fort idle idea but alot more boring since your waiting for the game to simulate days.  I usually use dfhack to cut out the calender wait since I figured second world gen isn't fully in or isn't in as I wanted and could be skipped all together.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 02, 2014, 07:58:43 am »

Here's my situation; I found the perfect evil beach, but the ocean is 1 level below.  Is there a way to edit the landscape immediately after embarking?  I want to add ramps all along the coastline, thus connecting ocean with land.  I know I could do this with careful mining, but it would take forever, and my miners have more important jobs.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 02, 2014, 10:02:37 am »

Here's my situation; I found the perfect evil beach, but the ocean is 1 level below.  Is there a way to edit the landscape immediately after embarking?  I want to add ramps all along the coastline, thus connecting ocean with land.  I know I could do this with careful mining, but it would take forever, and my miners have more important jobs.
Unless you have DFHack, there's no way.
._.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 02, 2014, 10:21:46 am »

Edit: Figured it out, for those also looking to add ramps, the commands are as follows;

DFH; 'tile type'
Ingame; View (k) over empty space where the top (downward) ramp will be.
DFH; 'paint shape ramp_top'
Ingame; View (k) 1 z level down where the bottom (upward) ramp will be.
DFH; 'paint shape ramp'

Unless you have DFHack, there's no way.
I do indeed.  So DFH has terrain editing?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:55:17 am by Immortal-D »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 03, 2014, 12:58:12 pm »

Is there a way to make a creature really aggressive without using the LARGE_PREDATOR tag?  I don't want these things to crowd out (or be crowded out by) more mundane predatory animals.  The LIKES_FIGHTING tag is deprecated, and apparently it didn't actually make things aggressive anyway (just giving a happy thought for engaging in battle).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 247