Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313799 times)

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1770 on: December 26, 2014, 08:51:57 am »

I fired up the arena and I got this:

Code: [Select]
./hack/lua/plugins/stockflow.lua:390: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
./hack/lua/plugins/stockflow.lua:390: in function 'collect_reactions'
./hack/lua/plugins/stockflow.lua:34: in function <./hack/lua/plugins/stockflow.lua:33>
Could not load stockflow world data!

Any idea what that's about?  For what it's worth, I can't do stonesense either because I guess I don't have the plugin?  The latter doesn't bother me much, and the former, well, I almost never go into arena and haven't gotten that anywhere else (yet).

Here's the critter in question:

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:BONGO]
[DESCRIPTION: A large, heavy-bodied antelope with large, curving horns and striking white markings.]
[NAME:bongo:bongos:bongo]
[CASTE_NAME:bongo:bongos:bongo]
[CHILD:1][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:bongo calf:bongo calves]
[CREATURE_TILE:'B'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[PETVALUE:500][NATURAL]
[LARGE_ROAMING][MEANDERER]
[STANDARD_GRAZER]
[PET_EXOTIC]
[MOUNT_EXOTIC]
[VISION_ARC:50:310]
[PREFSTRING:attractive markings]
[PREFSTRING:graceful horns]
[BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TROPICAL]
[BIOME:FOREST_TROPICAL_MOIST_BROADLEAF]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_HOOF:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH:RIBCAGE:2HEAD_HORN]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HOOF:HOOF_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HOOF:HOOF_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:19000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:75000]
[BODY_SIZE:5:0:220000]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:19000]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:100000]
[BODY_SIZE:5:0:300000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:10:20]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HOOF_FRONT]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HOOF_REAR]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:HGORE:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HORN]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:gore:gores]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[CREPUSCULAR]
[HOMEOTHERM:10068]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:900:375:250:125:1900:2900] 70 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:STRIPES_CHESTNUT_WHITE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:IRIS_EYE_BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:3]

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: December 26, 2014, 09:01:27 am »

Is there a way to implement a shared cooldown for several interactions? Preferable without DFHack.

EDIT: I think I've figured it out. For each interaction, make a "start-up" free-action interaction which given the ability to cast the desired interaction and also applies the "cooldown" syndrome on the character which prevents using another "start-up" interaction in the meantime.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:11:29 am by Sergarr »
._.

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: December 26, 2014, 03:56:22 pm »

Sergarr, have you tested that? DOes it work? Because if so, that is an extremely useful trick to have - I recall several people struggling with that issue a while ago.

Badger Storm, are you sure you don't have any other mods running? Because from the looks of things, the issue lies not with the bongo but with DFHack. Maybe it's out of date?

Imunlaukr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: December 26, 2014, 05:35:38 pm »

I'm trying to make a big, armored creature with a club-like tail, that in real life couldn't really see where it was going to hit. Is there a way to lessen the precision of an attack in the raws? I don't use DFHack, by the way. I'd like to have a hard-hitting but unlikely-to-land move for my beast, but I don't know how to implement it. Any suggestions?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: December 26, 2014, 05:46:05 pm »

I'm trying to make a big, armored creature with a club-like tail, that in real life couldn't really see where it was going to hit. Is there a way to lessen the precision of an attack in the raws? I don't use DFHack, by the way. I'd like to have a hard-hitting but unlikely-to-land move for my beast, but I don't know how to implement it. Any suggestions?

Beyond giving the creature no skill the attack is associated with, and just making it slower, I got nothing really...

Making it hit hard is pretty easy though. Just increase velocity, and keep contact area somewhat small if you want it to be effective against armor.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Imunlaukr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 26, 2014, 06:02:35 pm »

Beyond giving the creature no skill the attack is associated with, and just making it slower, I got nothing really...

Making it hit hard is pretty easy though. Just increase velocity, and keep contact area somewhat small if you want it to be effective against armor.

Thanks, I thought so. I'll just make it slower, as if the beast had to reposition itself or something. Now I have a whole new problem: I can't make a working shell!  As far as I've seen in arena mode, shells are useless even for vanilla tortoises (that is you can easily bruise and smash through the upper body as if the shell wasn't even there), I think I'll have to write a specific body plan for armored creatures. Oh well, I'll get some experience at least. And I'll create many, many ungodly abominations before my glyptodon.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: December 26, 2014, 10:46:56 pm »

Can I make an attack that only works if the shell is still intact? I've seen shells be cut off before, I'd like a killer turtle creature I'm making to have a shell based claw-like attack. Can I designate the shell as the attacking body part?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Imunlaukr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: December 27, 2014, 06:07:55 am »

Can I make an attack that only works if the shell is still intact? I've seen shells be cut off before, I'd like a killer turtle creature I'm making to have a shell based claw-like attack. Can I designate the shell as the attacking body part?
Yes, it's definitely possible.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Adding this to the giant tortoise gives it a goring attack with the shell (that becomes unavailable if the shell is cloven asunder or severed).

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: December 27, 2014, 11:35:30 am »

Thanks!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: December 27, 2014, 01:43:23 pm »

In my quest to make good-aligned areas less boring, I've sought to design a phoenix.  Large bird?  Check.  On fire?  Check.  Comes back to life?  Uh...

I know you can get corpses to drop stuff other than animal parts, but I don't know if it would be possible to make the "corpse" be a phoenix hatchling, or if you could make it so that if you don't butcher the corpse in time, it spawns said hatchling instead of rotting like normal.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: December 27, 2014, 02:32:31 pm »

What may be causing the "FARMING CIVILIZATION PLACED WITHOUT CROPS" rejection at worldgen? It didn't happen in 0.34.

Every entity has the farming tokens. Could the reason be that there's multiple non-sentient castes in two of the entities?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:57:25 pm by Valikdu »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: December 27, 2014, 02:43:30 pm »

In my quest to make good-aligned areas less boring, I've sought to design a phoenix.  Large bird?  Check.  On fire?  Check.  Comes back to life?  Uh...

I know you can get corpses to drop stuff other than animal parts, but I don't know if it would be possible to make the "corpse" be a phoenix hatchling, or if you could make it so that if you don't butcher the corpse in time, it spawns said hatchling instead of rotting like normal.

Give it an interaction that gives every creature it meets a resurrection interaction that only works on phoenixes.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: December 27, 2014, 03:04:40 pm »

Q: How difficult would it be to make tantrum spirals either a bit less likely or otherwise lessen the impact, without removing them entirely?

Edit: Yes, I know there are DFhack scripts to adjust happiness levels and such. But I'm thinking of changes to raws.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:07:15 pm by Thundercraft »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: December 27, 2014, 04:44:47 pm »

Reduce your citizen creature's prospensity to anger. Those who rank high on the anger spectrum start throwing things when they get stressed.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: December 28, 2014, 04:56:36 am »

Is there a way to produce a usable (for construction/reactions) material with interactions?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 247