Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 313336 times)

Axetibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2940 on: July 02, 2015, 05:43:58 pm »

I'm not familiar with PerfectWorld, but Deon made one.

Absolutely amazing man! That's what we needed with Kait!
Awesome!

Thanks to your name, I saw that you were french just like us, we come from the online forum jeuxvideo.com for DF. Do you know it?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:45:57 pm by Axetibe »

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: July 02, 2015, 06:01:04 pm »

Awesome!

Thanks to your name, I saw that you were french just like us, we come from the online forum jeuxvideo.com for DF. Do you know it?
I know it, though I don't have an account. I thought it was dead.

Kait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: July 03, 2015, 06:26:26 am »

Awesome!

I know it, though I don't have an account. I thought it was dead.

No, we're not a lot, but it's still alive.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: July 03, 2015, 05:34:55 pm »

Okay, I'm still heavily failing at making this pyromancer work... Can someone help me out with the interaction for ignite, and how to give him fireball throwing and fire breathe? I've made it so the pyromancers get extravision, aren't living anymore, can gain attributes, so basically they're necromancer2.0, but with weaker-ish animated minions. Whereas the necromancer is the squishy part of the zombie horde, the pyromancer will be able to hold their own when attacked. Naturally, you cannot be a pyromancer and necromancer at once. That would be insanity. But, my problem is, the body change from a corpse to a fire spirit... Doesn't turn them into a fire spirit. It turns them into a toad, and the toad attacks the pyromancer. What'd I do wrong? After this, I'll probably be making tons of animating mages and choosing which are the best to be popping into my final mod. But I can't understand how to do body changes, and the werebeast raw didn't help me at all, just confused me. Thanks!

Here's the pyromancer interaction:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the fire spirit:

So how would I get this to properly work? Thank you for any help in advance, I've been working on this as best as I can, but can't figure it out.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: July 03, 2015, 05:45:14 pm »

Is it possible to create an interaction that raises the temperature of a creature so it ignites into flames?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: July 03, 2015, 05:58:30 pm »

Okay, I'm still heavily failing at making this pyromancer work... Can someone help me out with the interaction for ignite, and how to give him fireball throwing and fire breathe? I've made it so the pyromancers get extravision, aren't living anymore, can gain attributes, so basically they're necromancer2.0, but with weaker-ish animated minions. Whereas the necromancer is the squishy part of the zombie horde, the pyromancer will be able to hold their own when attacked. Naturally, you cannot be a pyromancer and necromancer at once. That would be insanity. But, my problem is, the body change from a corpse to a fire spirit... Doesn't turn them into a fire spirit. It turns them into a toad, and the toad attacks the pyromancer. What'd I do wrong? After this, I'll probably be making tons of animating mages and choosing which are the best to be popping into my final mod. But I can't understand how to do body changes, and the werebeast raw didn't help me at all, just confused me. Thanks!

Here's the pyromancer interaction:

Here's the fire spirit:

So how would I get this to properly work? Thank you for any help in advance, I've been working on this as best as I can, but can't figure it out.

[SYNDROME]
   [CE:CREATURE:FIRE_SPIRIT:NONE]
Should be:
[SYNDROME]
   [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
   [CE:CREATURE:FIRE_SPIRIT:DEFAULT]
If that doesn't work, you may want to give the fire spirit a caste that can be selected.

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: July 03, 2015, 05:59:53 pm »

Is it possible to create an interaction that raises the temperature of a creature so it ignites into flames?
Not without dfhack, and everything you can do with syndromes/interactions can be found here and here.

And StagnantSoul you can use [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:INTERACTION], it's a syndrome token, look it on the wiki.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:04:41 pm by Usul »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: July 03, 2015, 06:25:51 pm »

Not without dfhack, and everything you can do with syndromes/interactions can be found here and here.

And StagnantSoul you can use [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:INTERACTION], it's a syndrome token, look it on the wiki.

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
     [CDI:INTERACTION:INTERACTION]

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: July 03, 2015, 06:47:59 pm »

Thanks Putnam, I'm not sure what I was doing, I have dozens of failed attempts in a notepad to show me what not to do.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: July 03, 2015, 08:54:59 pm »

I'm not very sure if I screwed up or not... When I test it in arena mode, it works perfectly. But, the raised corpse attacks me. I tried it with the necromancer, just to be sure. The raised corpse attacks me there. Is this normal? Will they follow their pyromancer around like zombies do necromancers?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: July 03, 2015, 09:02:12 pm »

Arena Mode factions override necromancer/undead friendliness, IIRC.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: July 03, 2015, 09:04:40 pm »

Agh, okay... I'll have to try seeing through legends mode if they set up towers and such. If there's pyromancer towers, then it should be okay.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: July 03, 2015, 09:07:42 pm »

Agh, okay... I'll have to try seeing through legends mode if they set up towers and such. If there's pyromancer towers, then it should be okay.

I find the concept of rampaging pyromancers equal parts disturbing and awesome.

... if you get those kinks ironed out, I could use something like that in the Elf Invasion...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: July 03, 2015, 09:32:20 pm »

...It is done. The pyromancer is perfected. I decided to give them the boost that vampires give, but only half. They also have extravision, so they'll be able to see even without eyes.

In other words: They are tough. Very tough. If you try to engage one on grass, you'll probably die of the fire their minions create. However, their minions are made of fire, and not as tough as a zombie. So that's one reason to pick necromancers over pyromancers. But, with a pyromancer, your minions have the fireball ranged attack. And aren't slow.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:34:14 pm by StagnantSoul »

WolframHydroxide

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: July 04, 2015, 03:01:12 pm »

I know it's taboo, but I want to create an Interaction which causes the occurrence of freaky weather when I want it to. What exactly, If anything, in the way it's hardcoded, excludes this as a possibility? The wiki was fairly unhelpful. it just says "Not usable by creatures". Why is it not usable by creatures?

[EDIT] Also, would a SPATTER_LIQUID breath attack work to coat weapons/ammo that are on the ground?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:04:26 pm by WolframHydroxide »
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 247