Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 310143 times)

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3465 on: October 07, 2015, 01:10:11 am »

Ehm... I'm working on a Halo mod, and I've got a... A, uh, organ that's bothering me. Er, not bothering- just, it's... I'll just show ya.

Spoiler: The BP (click to show/hide)

Ya see, the PLURAL tag doesn't work, so should they be cut off by... Someone, the description uses the term "Is", and this bothers me. Was wondering if there's a way to fix this.

And since you're wondering, it's for realism. That and Dwarven Mercy.

Oh, and while I'm here, is there an easy way to make it extremely sensitive to pain? I tried creating a tissue for it, but that didn't seem to work.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: October 07, 2015, 08:20:44 am »

I noticed that "teeth" are also treated as singular, for example "His bottom back teeth is gone." so it might not be fixable in the raws.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: October 07, 2015, 12:55:41 pm »

I noticed that "teeth" are also treated as singular, for example "His bottom back teeth is gone." so it might not be fixable in the raws.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Huh, that's a bit of a letdown. Ah well, it'll just have to do.

And I didn't think of that. Didn't know it was a BP token.
Also, it doesn't show up on the wiki, does it just decide what BP the farmers choose?
Er, atleast I think that's right.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: October 07, 2015, 04:07:14 pm »

It's a newer token. Probably just not recorded in the wiki yet.

Yes, it determines the part the farmer snips. It can also lead to gelding in combat.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: October 07, 2015, 04:52:35 pm »

There is a very overcomplicated dwarfy method to apply the tag to a bodypart so you don't need separate male and female bodyplans.  But since this IS a separate part, it can be in a BODY token inside the appropriate caste.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: October 08, 2015, 02:49:21 am »

Any advice on how I would go about making an aboleth?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/aboleth.htm
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/aboleth

EDIT: probably going to use lungfish as a template... and make them horrible and psychic... still wanting advice btw. thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:52:58 am by CulixCupric »
Don't know what to put here... let me know if you have any ideas...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3471 on: October 08, 2015, 09:38:09 am »

EDIT: probably going to use lungfish as a template... and make them horrible and psychic... still wanting advice btw. thanks in advance.

I'm sure something can be made with DFhack to get a desired effect, But judging by what I read it's more of just a fish and mainly stays in the water. I'm not sure if you can get an underwater civ or one that would make sense (how would you get invaded) and as wildlife they'd just be a more advanced carp (not knocking your idea, just my thoughts)

Only way I could figure this would without DFhack is make them OPPOSED_TO_LIFE and NOT_LIVING and give them a interaction to mind control that adds those tags to the target and any others you feel would fit for it, making it resistible? so they just don't mind control the whole map near a river/ocean instantly.

I think the main challenge would be getting interactions and attacks that will mimic that of the DnD moves

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: October 08, 2015, 04:10:37 pm »

I'm sure something can be made with DFhack to get a desired effect, But judging by what I read it's more of just a fish and mainly stays in the water. I'm not sure if you can get an underwater civ or one that would make sense (how would you get invaded) and as wildlife they'd just be a more advanced carp (not knocking your idea, just my thoughts)

Only way I could figure this would without DFhack is make them OPPOSED_TO_LIFE and NOT_LIVING and give them a interaction to mind control that adds those tags to the target and any others you feel would fit for it, making it resistible? so they just don't mind control the whole map near a river/ocean instantly.

I think the main challenge would be getting interactions and attacks that will mimic that of the DnD moves
I was hoping to have them be like necromancers are, and have them control entire human civs, and then attempt to siege.

I am also working on infernals, similar demons/devils from d&d/pathfinder. I have interactions for deity cursing to transform people into them, and also infection via blood ingestion, but I haven't figured out how to make it so the lesser ones can advance to being higher ones, other than giving them a syndrome to transform into the next stage over the course of years... any ideas?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: October 08, 2015, 04:47:44 pm »

A quick search of the modding forums actually brought up more aboleths than expected.

To make them take control of a civilization, they need the [POWER] token, along with some [SPHERE:X] tokens, to determine the type of deity they pose as. Here are the valid sphere tokens.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean when you say that you want them to be like necromancers though. Do they raise corpses, do they create towers, does a person turn into an aboleth by being given a gift from the gods, etc.?

As for demons/devils/divs/etc. transforming into more powerful versions as time progresses, I can only think of multiple transformations that end just before a more powerful transformation begins. I would also suggest tying it to combat hardness, but I can't seem to find it on the wiki for the current version.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: October 08, 2015, 05:26:55 pm »

Can I prevent a race from feeling bad about dead bodies everywhere?  Is there an ethic or personality that I can turn off? 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: October 08, 2015, 05:41:48 pm »

A quick search of the modding forums actually brought up more aboleths than expected.

To make them take control of a civilization, they need the [POWER] token, along with some [SPHERE:X] tokens, to determine the type of deity they pose as. Here are the valid sphere tokens.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean when you say that you want them to be like necromancers though. Do they raise corpses, do they create towers, does a person turn into an aboleth by being given a gift from the gods, etc.?

As for demons/devils/divs/etc. transforming into more powerful versions as time progresses, I can only think of multiple transformations that end just before a more powerful transformation begins. I would also suggest tying it to combat hardness, but I can't seem to find it on the wiki for the current version.
I want aboleths to be able to take control of human civilizations near water, and enslave them, using them to siege and such.
are there other ways i could have the infernals change form, like when they become more powerful or something? like a promotion system?
EDIT: also looking for ideas to implement the corruption of mortals besides blood contamination syndromes. I do have an interaction for deities to curse mortals, turning them into infernals, and they don't occur naturally.
EDIT: decided to add a new material template called ESSENCE_TEMPLATE. infernals will have essences, and they can be consumed, and consumption results in transformation.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:25:07 pm by CulixCupric »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: October 08, 2015, 06:03:14 pm »

@AceSV not that I'm aware of. Maybe someone else knows better.

@Culix not within the raws alone. If combat hardness is still usable, then that can be a trigger once the creature has experienced enough conflict. There may also be some DFHack script that may work.

As for aboleths leading mortals, it would be unlike a necromancer, as they raise corpses to build a tower for them. Necromancers don't rule civs. Vampires or demons would be more comparable.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:06:43 pm by BlackFlyme »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: October 08, 2015, 06:11:11 pm »

Is it possible to make a reaction that requires the corpse of a specific species of creature as a reagent?

And what exactly defines a civ's  ability to access and use metals that appear in nature? Does it just happen automatically?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:32:36 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: October 08, 2015, 06:26:52 pm »

@AceSV not that I'm aware of. Maybe someone else knows better.

@Culix not within the raws alone. If combat hardness is still usable, then that can be a trigger once the creature has experienced enough conflict. There may also be some DFHack script that may work.

As for aboleths leading mortals, it would be unlike a necromancer, as they raise corpses to build a tower for them. Necromancers don't rule civs. Vampires or demons would be more comparable.
I decided to give infernals essences, which can be consumed, resulting in transformations.
NOTE: the essence is basically a modified heart...

Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ESSENCE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:BLACK]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:essence]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:essence]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:MAUVE]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:n/a]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:n/a]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:MAUVE]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:n/a]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:n/a]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:1:0:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[SPEC_HEAT:4181]
[IGNITE_POINT:10508]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:10250]
[COLDDAM_POINT:9900]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:500]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:NONE]
[MOLAR_MASS:NONE]
[IMPACT_YIELD:10000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:10000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[TENSILE_YIELD:10000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:10000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[TORSION_YIELD:10000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:10000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[SHEAR_YIELD:20000] copied human skin (no data)
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:20000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[BENDING_YIELD:10000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:10000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[MAX_EDGE:0]
[ABSORPTION:100]
[IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL]
[ROTS]
[GENERATES_MIASMA]
[MEAT]
[BUTCHER_SPECIAL:MEAT:NONE]
[MEAT_NAME:distilled:essence:heart]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HEART:ESSENCE_TEMPLATE]
[ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:infernal essence]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:BLOOD:START:1000]
[CE:INTERACTION:CURSE_INFERNAL_SHELL]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INGESTED]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HEART:HEART_TEMPLATE]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:45:49 pm by CulixCupric »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: October 08, 2015, 09:01:26 pm »

One thing I think may be worth mentioning, in case you were not already aware of it:

A creature can only be under one transformation effect at a time. In order to transform a second time, the first effect must end. If a transformation is permanent, then the creature can never transform again.

Unless you use DFHack. There's a script/plug-in that allows for more fluid transformations.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 247