Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: DF2014 fresh out of release screenshot share thread  (Read 24334 times)

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 fresh out of release screenshot share thread
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2014, 12:36:25 pm »

Random conversation in a marketplace.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2014, 12:39:57 pm »

Yeah... I really don't advise using anything but hammers against zombies. Slash them and their bodyparts will rise back. Shoot them with crossbows and well... that. They don't need any of their organs, and that's all you'll damage with bolts and spears.

The best thing to do is lure them under a bridge and smash. Or dip them in magma... although they'll probably just climb out of that and attack you while dripping with the stuff.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2014, 12:41:21 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/cAlhf9Y.png
I'd forgotten I had a couple goblin hands in my backpack, now all the drunks are running away.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2014, 12:43:18 pm »

Yeah... I really don't advise using anything but hammers against zombies. Slash them and their bodyparts will rise back. Shoot them with crossbows and well... that. They don't need any of their organs, and that's all you'll damage with bolts and spears.

The best thing to do is lure them under a bridge and smash. Or dip them in magma... although they'll probably just climb out of that and attack you while dripping with the stuff.
Magma melts zombies now:

The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2014, 01:13:08 pm »

Magma melts zombies now:
-snip-

That's good to know.
Also tested spears and they can give the message "the injured part is cloven asunder", which means they can pulverise heads, resulting in the... death? of animated corpses.
Crossbows... are still useless. 83 bolts from a legendary marksman vs a zombie and the best I've done is sever a few limbs, which would come back anyway. The zombie is still attacking.

Husks are still a question, they were always for more resilient, though I guess pulping has an effect.
I'd like to look into sponges and the rumours of BCs, but I need to postpone that for a bit.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2014, 01:28:45 pm »

I'd think blunt weapons like hammers and maces would still be effective against undead, since there's no chance of cutting off limbs and the pulping can render the undead's limbs useless. Probably. Pulping needs testing.

As far as I've tested it, pulping the upper body with messages such as "it explodes in gore" kills living targets at least. Multiple shots to the same body part also seems to increase the chance of pulping. Multiple stabs with a spear to the head escalated to being "cloven asunder".
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2014, 02:54:36 pm »

My dwarves dug into a cavern in which a big forest of giant fungus were growing on the cavern own sea.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:06:07 pm by Robsoie »

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2014, 03:47:55 pm »

Found in a reclaimed fort.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2014, 09:45:30 pm »

Doing some modding, making hydras have different castes with different numbers of heads, from 3 to 9, with a super special rare caste with 27 heads, deadly blood, and deadly breath. I think I forgot to make the hydra immune to its own breath syndromes, prompting it to get nauseous.

Looks like there's some extra depth to vomiting into clouds of gases. Only in DF.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2014, 10:09:51 pm »

That was actually around in 0.34!

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2014, 10:20:36 pm »

New loading screens are beautiful.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2014, 03:59:31 am »

I just pinched someone's carotid apart. Wrestling is significantly more hardcore in this version.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2014, 07:14:24 am »

Ahh the news.

Looks like the war between the Competitive Butterfly and the Oaken Hatred is really hotting up.

Other observations; Night creature attacks and goblin invasions can happen in year 1/2.

"It is terrifying!"

I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2014, 03:34:57 pm »

So, hydras can now multi-attack with all their heads. They can attack up to seven creatures at once, possibly eleven if they use all claws and use only one attack on each creature. This means that even if surrounded by a creature on all sides they can attack them all at once. Don't know if the AI is smart enough to do that, but it's possible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh man, imagine a hydra with 27 heads. It'd be like a scaly meat grinder.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2014, 03:56:03 pm »

A proud dwarf's dying words.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12