Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND!  (Read 108840 times)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2014, 06:22:49 am »

Mental note... do not ramps out around trees.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Kohou

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the Armok do you think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2014, 06:53:49 am »

Mental note... do not ramps out around trees.
Why?
"Don't worry Urist, the spider can't hurt us! He's trapped in an invisible box!"

"Don't dig for you!  Dig for me who digs for you!  Yours is the pick that will strike the earth!"

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2014, 07:03:17 am »

These Dwarven fort ruins are filled with only metalsmith forges.. no other workshop... except there are magma forges in the lower fort.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2014, 07:14:12 am »

That's a setup for a bossfight if I ever saw one.

siri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2014, 08:17:10 am »

i have hordes of migrating babies. they appear and disappear on the unit screen, but i can't zoom on them or find them on the map. new bug?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2014, 08:35:33 am »

i have hordes of migrating babies. they appear and disappear on the unit screen, but i can't zoom on them or find them on the map. new bug?

The prevailing theory is that babysnatchers forget to empty the sack between jobs.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 09, 2014, 08:55:45 am »

So a section of cavern collapsed in my game, so I saved just in case and now it crashes instantly on reload...also to be noted there is a giant toad listed as missing for some reason, probably from the cavern collapse which may have been caused by an underground tree.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2014, 08:56:46 am »

So, I finally got to play a little yesterday.  It seems that the whole thing with fliers exploding randomly doesn't apply to your citizens in fort mode.  Or maybe I'm just lucky.  I modded in some fliers and tried doing a few things in fort mode, and they seem to navigate around trees completely safely.  Not a single random leg splitting into gore or anything like it.

Incidentally, I'm having some interesting lack of experiences with climbing.  I had a chicken appear to randomly path up into a tree but I've yet to get any citizens to do it.  Even move ordering soldiers into trees doesn't work.  I tried digging out a small hole and removing the ramps, and nobody seemed willing to climb into or out of it, move orders or no.

I'm probably just doing something wrong.

Anyway, I haven't hit any in game crashes yet, so that's good.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dorf and Dumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 09, 2014, 09:43:32 am »

Short history, few civilizations runs much faster.  Digging into tree roots still means disappearing tree syndrome, often ending in a crash.  So far I haven't seen dorfs injured by falling logs even when under the pile of them.  With heavy forest and a stream the main casualty risk is that they climb up into the trees and then never come out again, except occasionally to fall in the stream, until a bridge is built over the stream at which point they come down on the far side and cross.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 09, 2014, 09:48:35 am »

With the new pulping system, zombies actually melt in magma!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2014, 10:35:38 am »

With the new pulping system, zombies actually melt in magma!

Huzzah! FTW devices in evil biomes are viable again!
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2014, 01:06:35 pm »

In Adventurer Mode, I find neck-strikes to be far too easy. A quick axe to the neck will often incapacitate someone, if not outright kill. Once they're on the ground, a heavy strike will often sever the neck. Hilariously, the body part you find is the neck, not head, although butchering it does yield the skull and brainparts.

I also went to a place that had been described as a market, that 24 nearby villages used. I was with a human civ that, curiously, had a lot of dwarves in it. The place was listed as a fortress. When I get there, there was a ton of dwarves and goblins or various professions milling about in a panic, all with the No Quarter stance to me. The ones who were trying to flee kept trying to climb the walls of an enclosed building. Trying to ask to stop the pointless panic was useless, and when one of the dwarven children punched me, declaring that they wanted to cease existing, I started killing them. After crippling the mayor, I declared myself owner of the site. That changed nothing, except I was titled lord of the place in Legends mode. I proceeded to chop the necks of more dwarven children with my silver battle axe, until everyone was panicking about death. Then a bunch of cats appeared.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 09, 2014, 01:07:22 pm »

just noticed this. neck is separate from head on the status screen.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 09, 2014, 01:10:49 pm »

In Adventurer Mode, I find neck-strikes to be far too easy. A quick axe to the neck will often incapacitate someone, if not outright kill. Once they're on the ground, a heavy strike will often sever the neck. Hilariously, the body part you find is the neck, not head, although butchering it does yield the skull and brainparts.

I also went to a place that had been described as a market, that 24 nearby villages used. I was with a human civ that, curiously, had a lot of dwarves in it. The place was listed as a fortress. When I get there, there was a ton of dwarves and goblins or various professions milling about in a panic, all with the No Quarter stance to me. The ones who were trying to flee kept trying to climb the walls of an enclosed building. Trying to ask to stop the pointless panic was useless, and when one of the dwarven children punched me, declaring that they wanted to cease existing, I started killing them. After crippling the mayor, I declared myself owner of the site. That changed nothing, except I was titled lord of the place in Legends mode. I proceeded to chop the necks of more dwarven children with my silver battle axe, until everyone was panicking about death. Then a bunch of cats appeared.

The throat is also much easier to hit now.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 09, 2014, 01:30:28 pm »

you can put flour bags in barrels now.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44