Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND!  (Read 108855 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01
« Reply #360 on: July 10, 2014, 03:31:28 pm »

Can we mod tears to cause blindness and pain? I want to punish the dwarves who keep walking to the stockpile to cry about the kobold we killed.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 10, 2014, 03:31:36 pm »

Got a siege in early Autumn of the first year.  Dwarf population: 9.  Goblin army size: 10.  They seem to be operating in two squads of 5, with a bowman in one squad and a crossbowman in the other.  I was able to wall myself in, so they can't hurt me at the moment, but... man.
Interesting since the triggers in the raws haven't changed since last version... well, it's understandable if the new army movement doesn't take that into account.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 10, 2014, 03:39:11 pm »

Got a siege in early Autumn of the first year.  Dwarf population: 9.  Goblin army size: 10.  They seem to be operating in two squads of 5, with a bowman in one squad and a crossbowman in the other.  I was able to wall myself in, so they can't hurt me at the moment, but... man.
Interesting since the triggers in the raws haven't changed since last version... well, it's understandable if the new army movement doesn't take that into account.
If they were all properly armed it was a siege, if not, then that was a bandit raid/passing group of bandits. Also helps to check the civ screen. I was attacked by some human outlaws not too far into my second year.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 10, 2014, 03:39:45 pm »

From http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php :
- 0006334: [Creatures] Creatures, including dwarves, born in the fortress do not grow to full adult size. (Toady One) - resolved.

:D :D

If they were all properly armed it was a siege, if not, then that was a bandit raid/passing group of bandits. Also helps to check the civ screen. I was attacked by some human outlaws not too far into my second year.

My attackers were definitely a siege.  I had the popup, I had the SIEGE in the corner, they appeared as invaders on the units screen, they had weapons and armor.  But they do NOT appear in the civ screen at all.  (Just filed #6972 for that.)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:45:52 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 10, 2014, 03:45:03 pm »

Probably bandits then. A unit of roughly five dwarves with solid discipline and good training (at least competent/skilled) are able to face a bandit group easily, and such groups will be more likely to become helpless if you manage the first kills.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 10, 2014, 03:46:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cherry blossoms fall,
Covering the ground in white.
Gorgeous release.

(White clouds are the falling flowers, white ground is where flowers cover the grass)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 10, 2014, 03:50:44 pm »

- 0006334: [Creatures] Creatures, including dwarves, born in the fortress do not grow to full adult size. (Toady One) - resolved.

Thank freakin god...thats one of those terrible game breaking bugs in my opinion

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 10, 2014, 03:51:51 pm »

Thank freakin god...thats one of those terrible game breaking bugs in my opinion

It's why I never used blunt weapons.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 10, 2014, 03:58:51 pm »

Can we mod tears to cause blindness and pain? I want to punish the dwarves who keep walking to the stockpile to cry about the kobold we killed.
What if one of the causes for tears is pain? Then if a dwarf starts crying he'll be in pain and cry more. Then he'll probably never stop crying about how much it hurts to cry.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.02
« Reply #369 on: July 10, 2014, 06:56:02 pm »

Just noticed a pretty serious issue with retiring fortresses. I retired and unretired a fairly new one (to see the messages, mostly) not realizing some of the dwarves would leave. When I unretired the expedition leader had left, and not been replaced. I can't appoint a new one manually either. I'm going to try to get it to happen again before filing a bug report, but has anyone else noticed this?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 10, 2014, 07:01:47 pm »

after getting 40.02, I've been getting crashes creating a new world and choosing a place to embark.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

AernJardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 10, 2014, 07:09:05 pm »

I think a dwarf scientist just finally looked at a tree and went "wait a minute, we could climb these!" and everyone else being all, "you're mad, fool!"
Commence rain of dwarves.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 10, 2014, 07:16:16 pm »

I think a dwarf scientist just finally looked at a tree and went "wait a minute, we could climb these!" and everyone else being all, "you're mad, fool!"
Commence rain of dwarves.

This right here has made my river canyon embark that much more FUN.

Especially since no less than 4 of my O7 decided to climb the SAME FREAKING TREE, and then fall out in the SAME FREAKING SPOT into the river 12 z-levels below.

Burrows. Burrows EVERYWHERE. The most frustrating part is that the only other way to stop them from climbing is breaking their legs, which also keeps them from working.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 10, 2014, 07:21:55 pm »

the game now tells you exactly what kind of masterwork is made in the announcements.

my carpenter just made a masterwork pear wood barrel, which is quite a feat considering he's only competent in carpentry.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 10, 2014, 07:27:35 pm »

Alright back in 0.40.01, I noticed mining away mineral inclusions (microcline) leaves away the layer rock (mudstone) for floor. From experience this happened in 23a (the 2D version, when I played the retro-succession game) but not in DF2010, DF2011 or DF2012. Is this intended behaviour? I’m just starting a new worldgen on 0.40.02 now, which will (based on experience) take some time.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44