Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 107446 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:02:06 pm »

Boys and girls of all ages the new version is upon us and it is truly spectacular. I've spent about four minutes talking to an elf and admiring the new conversation system. .40.01 is so amazing that it makes talking to elves fun.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 05:35:54 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:04:27 pm »

Any additional things to talk to the people about?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:13:05 pm »

Any additional things to talk to the people about?

Conversations flow more naturally now unless your a psychopath. When the elf greeted me I declared myself to be a god, he informed me that several of his fellow villagers were killed by a titan and I told him I found that terrific.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 09:14:37 pm »

Notes so far:

- I'm just wandering around a dwarven fortress, gawking at the architecture. I've wanted to see a genuine (not designed by me) dwarven fortress for ages (-:
- The local captain of the guard has told me I'm a troublemaker, since I shouted at him to tell me about the local defenses in detail.
- Everybody else has interesting stuff to say, and I've been spreading rumors like crazy.
- The bedrooms (? They're 2x2 and seem to be laid out like a bedroom complex) have no beds, only cabinets.

I'm currently searching for either the caverns or the surface.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:16:25 pm »

All the bedrooms I've seen have had a bed and cabinet.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 09:18:48 pm »

Stupid elven tree houses offer no protection from bogeymen. Also- really enjoying climbing.

mgstan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 09:19:40 pm »

- The bedrooms (? They're 2x2 and seem to be laid out like a bedroom complex) have no beds, only cabinets.
Aw yes, the xSockx cupboards. Clearly you're in the ritzy part of the fortress.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 09:23:13 pm »

I've just started my dwarf adventurer, i'm in a relatively big fortress, i have found many big rooms with some workshops, and found 1 stair, went up and found lots of individual bedrooms (what a caring overseer) , but ... no exit.

And while there's no exit, there's simply ... none else in that big fortress, i'm stuck and alone in it, and it's running a bit slow, like in 0.34.11 when i was in town , there was a marketplace full of people shooting and a palace around with sewers under it.

Hmm, i hope to find some very very well hidden exit to see if it's as slow in the exterior as it is in interior.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 09:23:33 pm »

Found a cool spiral ramp into the depths of the fort. I like the windy architecture in general.

Asking about the fort's trading partners caused a crash.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 09:26:09 pm »

Demanded a farmer give me his gold, he refused, I stabbed him in the throat and asked again. He was much more cooperative.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 09:38:26 pm »

...I think I'm going to download this ASAP.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 09:40:19 pm »

That updating world calendar at the beginning is taking me forever, and I only genned 100 years of history.

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 09:47:18 pm »

I went to go kill a vampire but I couldn't find it in the house everyone said it was in. It seems like finding monsters and stuff to fight will be more complicated in this version, but I'll probably get used to it. Also, I like the new dialogue system.

Mohl

• Bay Watcher
  • L O D S OF E M O N E!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 09:54:01 pm »

Demanded a farmer give me his gold, he refused, I stabbed him in the throat and asked again. He was much more cooperative.
Sigging that right now.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 09:57:42 pm »

Have you guys found where mountainhalls keep the armor and weapons? So far I've been through the forges and through some housing complexes and a meetinghall before accidentally crashing my unsaved adventurer by inquiring about the local trade partners.

The meetinghalls were cool, dwarves were standing around chatting. I walked by a bone setter giving a quest to a farmer to slay a local hill titan, giving the lair and name of the titan before saying "Seek this place if you wish to slay blah blah blah." The farmer replied "it is terrifying." and several onlookers commented likewise.

Also all the cabinets I've seen in bedrooms contain clothing too large for dwarves. Probably uses the same code in the past version that makes cabinets in human hamlets hold human sized clothing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52