Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 107535 times)

LinovaA

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #480 on: July 10, 2014, 01:02:59 pm »

So I start up a new human adventurer and walk into a random house right? Suddenly one of the many many many MANY people that I have known all my life greets me and I get the options to greet back, refuse conversation, or greet (impersonate). Chose impersonate cause that sounded amusing and well:

I really do love the new conversation system. I could just see the farmer just looking at him and shaking his head all like "So done with your shit Slenshi."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 10, 2014, 01:06:42 pm »

I know!
That little touch made me so happy, I imagined something similar. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 10, 2014, 01:59:45 pm »

First actual adventurer who didn't get struck down by bogeymen or divine intervention was pretty awesome. Olon Lifetools the Tail of Brushing was magnificent. I put most of my points into Sword and a couple into reading, dodging and swimming. I finally found my way of out the dwarven fortress where I'd given up on three other adventurers out of frustration. And found out what the "Dark Pit" site's were. In between the canyons were little wooden towers filled with civilian goblins. Being a good dwarf, I stealth-killed all of them. I repeated the process with 5-6 of the towers before getting bored of the endless one hit kills of civilians. I eventually decided to go look for one of these demon slab things which are supposed to be underneath goblin fortresses. I think I eventually made it to ne of the goblin crafting areas. It was pretty pitiful. There were a few goblin skeletons and a couple coffins and bone crafts scattered everywhere. There were also a few pits leading downwards. And a goblin child, probably mourning. For once, I showed mercy. I tried to knock him out via boot to the head, but eventually just gave up and cut off fingers until he passed out. He was still alive though. I climbed down the pits and ended up in the caverns. I decided to go in the direction the goblin fortress was until I accidentally released my hold on a wall and fell into a cavern lake and drowned.

Thus died Olon Lifetools the Tail of Brushing with the lives of 125 helpless goblins and also a platypus to her name. May her mildly genocidal soul be judged fairly.

EDIT: During all this, she never stopped crying. Never. Beware those with tears in their eyes, for they have compassion for you. And so they will kill you, not with anger, not with bloodlust, not with cold detachment, but with regret. Just another sin taken upon themselves so that others do not have to commit them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:02:46 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Journeyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 10, 2014, 02:46:05 pm »

I was able to start as a bandit lieutenant in the second world I genned. The bandit group had both a "leader" position and a "boss" position, with the leader being completely unarmed and the one I apparently actually took orders from. Neither of them seemed to recognize the camp as their own site, nor did they seem to know anything about their own group. I was also listed as being a member of a distant civilization, which makes me wonder if the leader was a site leader there who was driven out.

At any rate, nobody seemed to know or care about us, or react to me with any kind of immediate dislike.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 10, 2014, 02:52:01 pm »

You sooner collapse from over-exertion from choking somebody, than your victim would die from suffocation.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 10, 2014, 02:56:40 pm »

On the way, I see a star. I head towards it. Goblin ambush.
I noticed one of those stars following me as I headed east (wandering guards keep to their own routes). So, once it was right next to me, I dropped back into regular travelling mode and snuck west to hit them first. Worked out pretty well really. I dropped my backpack and told my companion to wait, and while they were staying out of trouble and providing a handy marker for the backpack I crawled around carefully slitting throats with my battle axe.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 10, 2014, 03:06:38 pm »

You might be able to just give one of them the backpack... no idea if they'd give it back though.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 10, 2014, 03:32:49 pm »

Now I finally have something to hate: Twigs. Those things block movement like no tomorrow.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 10, 2014, 03:40:46 pm »

Now I finally have something to hate: Twigs. Those things block movement like no tomorrow.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 10, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »

On the way, I see a star. I head towards it. Goblin ambush.
I noticed one of those stars following me as I headed east (wandering guards keep to their own routes). So, once it was right next to me, I dropped back into regular travelling mode and snuck west to hit them first. Worked out pretty well really. I dropped my backpack and told my companion to wait, and while they were staying out of trouble and providing a handy marker for the backpack I crawled around carefully slitting throats with my battle axe.

It is fun to the stars moving around the map but what is the premise on you being able to see them? This should be based on some skill like track or observer...

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 10, 2014, 04:18:58 pm »

For now, i find i can't play adventure mode, because it crashes too often to get anywhere (might be a problem with my machine, who knows).
Bug highlights:
- all clothes found lying about still are human-sized. This is alright in human keeps and hamlets but doesn't make much sense in dwarven settlements.
- i could only train climbing by jumping and trying to grab nearby walls while in flight. Actual climbing doesn't do anything for the skill.
- sneaking is still too powerful. Sneaking up on stuff from behind actually feels _more_ overpowered than sneaking ever was in .34.11
- bogeymen can spawn under roofs now??

I like the revised conversation system, the adjusted movement system, jumping and climbing and revived non-human settlements. I really hope Toady gets it substantially stabler in the early bug fix cycle so balance and minor bugs can be sorted out with better input (and less frustration of the player base).

newjrmint21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 10, 2014, 04:42:37 pm »

i keep taking over sights. no one wants to be a hearthperson for me. so sad.
anyone who disagree's with my reign loses a head... it's lonely ruling with fire and sword.
i cant wait for the bugs to be squashed. i love what they've done with adventure mode... i really.... REALLY love being able to take places over.... i just hope that some time soon it will be more difficult to achieve, and more rewarding.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 10, 2014, 04:55:54 pm »

Behold:
Drunkmound
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You know the one mason in there did all the work laying out a fortress and the drunks just schlupped up a hillock and called it a day.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 10, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »

New bugfix version is out, everyone! Grab it while it's hot and gen a new world, old ones are incompatible!
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 10, 2014, 05:08:23 pm »

"Added the short wait button to the adventurer manual -- you can use , instead of . to wait for one instant"

Oh yes please.

EDIT: also 40.02 is out might want to change the thread name
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:24:27 pm by Sergarr »
._.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52