Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 107238 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.02 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #495 on: July 10, 2014, 05:34:23 pm »

I found a pile of dozens of cats all licking each other. I have no idea what's going on here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McFluffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 10, 2014, 05:37:56 pm »

My right foot and upper body split in half somehow after jumping off a tree maybe 10 z's high, then again i doubt wearing marijuana for clothing isn't the greatest protection from fall damage  ;).

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 10, 2014, 05:48:17 pm »

While I was walking around a human town looking for a well, I've spotted a goblin crossbowman attacking all animals he comes across.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 10, 2014, 06:07:49 pm »

i've done a fair bit of fortressing since release. This is my first proper adventuring. I had a go as a dorf and couldn't escape the underworld, although exploring the underworld highways was nice.

Anyways. I start in a hall with a lord and some randoms and ask about romours. Apparently a year ago some children were kidnapped by the Hoblin Doommetal but they have no idea where he is.

The little stars are goblin ambushs. I walked into one and me and my pikeman struck down three goblins (initially i hid up a tree, climibng is awesome!).

I then marched north and solo attacked a dark pit. I killed a child in the underground after he refused to yield despite missing two limbs (a bit like the black knight from Holy grail). I then climbed one of their towers and there are 6 gobs on the roof. I shout out bragging of my kills and they all say things like 'thats alarming;. I then ask for info and they tell me they have an army on the move and the location of that. Also i find out the location of the Doommetal. Now im going to kill them all, and then try to find this army and then maybe Doommetal.

This is great!

It was inevitable!
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 10, 2014, 06:16:08 pm »

Does sleeping in trees make you safe from Bogey men?
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 10, 2014, 06:25:11 pm »

No. :(
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 10, 2014, 06:29:55 pm »

No, but it gives you a nice, expedited death when you dodge off it or one of the bogeymen pulls you down. :P

Moon Label

• Bay Watcher
  • Cannot write post: creature occupying site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 10, 2014, 06:41:13 pm »

In regards to combat, even the most minimal armor (read: clothing) is viable.  I feel just as safe wearing my default thong, robe and cape in 40.01 compared to wearing a full set of +iron armor+ with a *shield* in 34.11.  Of course, that means I get to knock someone out by Captain-America-ing my shield, pry off my enemy's armor piece by piece with my free hand and throw it off the roof in order to land a killing blow.  At least not using a shield isn't a death sentence.  My favorite weapon is still the arrow-as-shiv.

Disarms are actually really fun and not so risky.  I'm killing half the goblins that don't run away by grabbing their weapon, stepping back, and throwing them far away.
Quote from: Toady One on May 10, 2007, 10:59:00 pm
I've moved out of the office and turned in my keys.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 10, 2014, 06:44:05 pm »

That's what I usually do when I beat up merchants or other civilians: Grab the knife off their belt, throw it at the wall and beat their face in. They *will* draw it and try to stab you at some point, usually when you demand an item off them.

Also: I just did a small test in the arena and discovered that animated dead can climb trees. The horror.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 10, 2014, 06:57:44 pm »

I found a pile of dozens of cats all licking each other. I have no idea what's going on here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Look up the term "catsplosion." It appears to have ?unintentionally? cropped up in adventurer mode.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #505 on: July 10, 2014, 08:03:43 pm »

For now, i find i can't play adventure mode, because it crashes too often to get anywhere (might be a problem with my machine, who knows).
Bug highlights:
- all clothes found lying about still are human-sized. This is alright in human keeps and hamlets but doesn't make much sense in dwarven settlements.
- i could only train climbing by jumping and trying to grab nearby walls while in flight. Actual climbing doesn't do anything for the skill.
- sneaking is still too powerful. Sneaking up on stuff from behind actually feels _more_ overpowered than sneaking ever was in .34.11
- bogeymen can spawn under roofs now??
sorry to say this but bogeymen are kinda able to do what a normal adventure can do. it's just when the adventurer goes and walks inside would they poof.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 10, 2014, 08:18:38 pm »

Sneaking needs a serious nerf. I can sneak up behind someone and spit on their leg and they wont turn around.
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 10, 2014, 08:25:38 pm »

I can greet my god now!!

His name is Obin (so close) I dont what is he/she god of what, does anyone know a way to see the god's info? In the people tab of the journal it only says it's name.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 10, 2014, 08:44:02 pm »

Bandits and pretty muc any humanoid Im supposed to figh are all boring as hell. They all seem do be wrestlers for some reason and will never aggro me properly. I walk in and everyone is just chilling about, and I can just walk over to each one and chop their heads off without any actually fighting back and all of them crying about how scary it is and flopping in a line for me to kill them as soon as someone dies. I actually once silently slit this guys throut and just walked over to his buddy, now cowering in fear, and had a casual conversation. I also have had my adventuer, followers, and people I "fight" against randomly start crying. Even in arena mode morality is broken. People either sprint away upon seeing an enemy, flop and go prone, or stand there crying as others fight around them.

Tl;dr morality is broken and no one aggros properly.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:47:40 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 10, 2014, 08:56:38 pm »

The more I read how easy everything is the more immoral the storyteller is.

Which is why I go evil, once you go evil and start attacking the towns and their armies.. which is where the good fighting is. Sorry guys there's no heroics in killing sentient people who steal from others now gotta pack up the bandit slaying stick and move on to killing creatures that don't speak. Luckly people didn't start discussing about how the monsters in the caverns are going soft, or how the hiddenfunstuff have gone too diplomatic.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52