Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 106668 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.02 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #540 on: July 11, 2014, 04:23:41 am »

I actually have a hunch about that. Don't use weapons. Just punch them into submission, see if that works.

Huh. Even punching my goblin lord escalates the conflict first to lethal then to no quarter.
You could always demand them to yield after a while and even if they don't then, then you have a new site under your control. Although I am still perplexed at what being in control of a site actually gives you.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 11, 2014, 04:28:39 am »

At the moment? Nothing. Bragging rights maybe.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 11, 2014, 04:33:57 am »

You could offer it to a site leader to make them like you so that they would take you as a Hearthperson.

Of course then we're back to square one, because I have no idea what being a Hearthperson gets you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 11, 2014, 04:38:56 am »

You start as a Hearthperson by default anyway. And uh...it gives an extra useless conversation option with your lord/lady?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 11, 2014, 04:43:46 am »

You could offer it to a site leader to make them like you so that they would take you as a Hearthperson.

Of course then we're back to square one, because I have no idea what being a Hearthperson gets you.
Offering your position as lord to someone doesn't make them accept you as a hearthperson I have tried. I think that becoming a hearthperson is related to the amount of fame/notoriety you attain. As for being a hearthperson while you civ isn't at war it doesn't do anything I believe that if you civ is at war you may be told to go kill a commander or something because of the dialogue. Of course that would make a hearthperson less of a guard type person and more of a soldier.

You start as a Hearthperson by default anyway. And uh...it gives an extra useless conversation option with your lord/lady?
You only start as a hearthperson if you select the option at character creation.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 11, 2014, 04:49:34 am »

But the option is on the top and selected by default.

Considering the fact that the Dwarven equivalent is fortress guard...

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 11, 2014, 04:50:36 am »

Valid points.
I will now go test the theory of peacetime and war.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 11, 2014, 04:57:43 am »

I was offered a quest to kill a Titan but I figured that's a little above my pay grade but now I'm thinking fuck that shit, Beowulf Beowulf Beowulf I'm doing it.

I went to a hamlet to rest and tried to talk to the leader but I couldn't figure out how to not just yell at everyone in general, so I tried to walk into him which he took as a threat.  I chased him down, he got to the edge of a ramp and jumped across into the branches of a tree.  I tackled him out of the branches, smearing him across the ground and apparently ripping off his arm (i'm fucking strong as fuck).  That knocked him unconscious of course so I chopped his head off and showed it to his hearthsmen.  They were unhappy but overall pretty chill about it.  A little spitting and such but that's no big.  When I started making threats they knelt down and I thought about taking hostages but changed my mind, but once again I'm thinking better.  The one said no when I told her to give me her stuff so I think I'll execute her to send a message.
Shoes...

blazing glory

« Reply #548 on: July 11, 2014, 05:03:13 am »

Well,I declared myself ruler of some town after killing the lord,everyone was talking about how it was terrifying and such,except for a lone spearman,he said that it should be stopped with violent force,so I chopped his head off on the spot had him executed as a example to all the rest.

Then my game crashed a little after.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #549 on: July 11, 2014, 05:04:49 am »

You might be able to just give one of them the backpack... no idea if they'd give it back though.
I've no idea either. I've also had issues with companions evaporating into smoke upon Travelling. My current hunch is that, being military, they're still tied to the place they came from. My first faithful drunk has never vanished (heavy use of force-quitting here...), but I'm still not trusting them with my stuff. I haven't yet tried taking goods back off a companion. When you give them armour to wear it takes place in the trade screen, and my backpack is full of trade crap because I want more armour, so if I need to buy my stuff back I can't do it.

It is fun to the stars moving around the map but what is the premise on you being able to see them? This should be based on some skill like track or observer...
I purchased Proficient Observer, and for some reason my Track skill goes up by one each step even when I'm not actively tracking and is halfway to Legendary. So if it is using those skills, I'm well-equipped to notice map movements.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 11, 2014, 05:22:41 am »

I crashed for no good reason. The town I started in this time had horrid lag...anyway,

I abused sneaking being broken and got two good punches in the lung and one in the guts. He surrendered.

As a Hearthperson I can demand tribute on behalf of my lord. Never knew that before.

He won't give tribute to my lord, so after overdoing it with the wrestling a bit, I left and came back and cut both his legs off. He won't even yield.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:35:22 am by Vgray »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 11, 2014, 05:57:28 am »

Well, started a new game as a human. A lieutenant in my civilization. The first thing I noticed was that my civilization was almost completely annihilated by elves. We have almost nothing. The second thing I noticed was that everything seemed to be abandoned. The third thing was, our leader is a kobold.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 11, 2014, 06:07:25 am »

well i finaly explored a dwarven fortress but it was empty i eventualy stumbled apon a forgoten beast i assume thats why it was empty maybe now that ive killed it people will move back in anyway then i found a magma forge and tryd to jump past it to get to a door and i fell in the lava sea so people may not even know its dead
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 11, 2014, 06:10:21 am »

Well, started a new game as a human. A lieutenant in my civilization. The first thing I noticed was that my civilization was almost completely annihilated by elves. We have almost nothing. The second thing I noticed was that everything seemed to be abandoned. The third thing was, our leader is a kobold.

Do you mean Hearthperson? Because lieutenant is a bandit rank I think.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 11, 2014, 06:13:19 am »

Do you mean Hearthperson? Because lieutenant is a bandit rank I think.
Nope. I was a lieutenant. I guess that would explain why I can only find a human war leader and our kobold first messiah, though, and why everything is abandoned.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52