Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 107425 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.02 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #555 on: July 11, 2014, 06:54:30 am »

you can do some badass things with jumping
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #556 on: July 11, 2014, 06:56:31 am »

I went to a Dark Pits site, but there was no-one there.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:59:52 am by 99Hedgehog »
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 11, 2014, 07:03:58 am »

Hnnnnnnnnnng. Crossbowmen are way OP. Of all my deaths so far, EVERY SINGLE ONE that was caused by another character, it was a crossbowman shooting me to death.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 11, 2014, 07:09:49 am »

you seem to auctualy fall in an arc rather then strait across then strait down so if you jump down a hill you can go quite far

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 11, 2014, 07:14:22 am »

Hnnnnnnnnnng. Crossbowmen are way OP. Of all my deaths so far, EVERY SINGLE ONE that was caused by another character, it was a crossbowman shooting me to death.

thats because there the only ones attacking

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 11, 2014, 07:29:25 am »

you seem to auctualy fall in an arc rather then strait across then strait down so if you jump down a hill you can go quite far

jumping down mountains is not a recomended method of travel also grabing something while falling is hard

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 11, 2014, 07:51:31 am »

Found my new favorite way to travel. When jumping underneath trees, you'll get a prompt to grab onto the branches. From there, you can jump again as much as you please. So I've been swinging around like tarzan every chance I get. I can now cross rivers without getting my feet wet or dealing with those pesky alligators.

Also, I keep running into militarized reptiles. Cave dragon and saltwater crocodile recruits. Cave dragons on the surface mind you. I'm not entirely sure it's a bug, though. Historical figures occasionally tame animals when they go on journeys, it's not impossible they'd retain a bit of loyalty to their master's faction even if they're out on their own.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 11, 2014, 08:00:22 am »

The material strengths seem to be all out of whack right now.  I pretty much have to strip people naked to kill them.
Shoes...

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 11, 2014, 08:41:37 am »

Is it just me or is pain much more crippling than it was before? I haven't even seen "Extreme pain", I presumably fall unconscious before getting to that stage. Any non-brusing damage to any bone seems to cause instant unconsciousness as well.

On the plus side you seem to be less likely to go into and out of consciousness repeatedly, which I always found somewhat annoying.

When I move into view of a bunch of goblins, some of them decide to attack me while others don't. Which I think is neat and makes them seem more unpredictable and chaotic. But after standing next to a non-aggressive goblin for a whole bunch of turns when I talk to them they give me a nice welcoming greeting and immidiately enter combat :-\.

I swear they shoot faster than they used to...

This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

kittyfluffins

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is, in a word, dusk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 11, 2014, 09:18:44 am »

I went to a hamlet to rest and tried to talk to the leader but I couldn't figure out how to not just yell at everyone in general, so I tried to walk into him which he took as a threat.

After you press "k" to talk, move the cursor over the person you want to talk to.

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 11, 2014, 09:29:48 am »

Anyone have experiences playing a thief they'd like to share? How do people react to seeing a burglar (as opposed to armed robbery)? After things stabilize a bit, I'm thinking about playing a kobold gentleman thief, assuming I can find dapper clothing that'll fit me.
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

kittyfluffins

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is, in a word, dusk.
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #566 on: July 11, 2014, 11:04:09 am »

"Added the short wait button to the adventurer manual -- you can use , instead of . to wait for one instant"

Oh yes please.

Does "," do something different than "."?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 11, 2014, 11:09:57 am »

Yes. When I was killing mostly helpless goblins at the tops of the towers things in the Dark Pits, I jumped INTO one of the goblins. He got sent flying through the fortifications at the top of the tower to his death. It was terrific.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 11, 2014, 11:39:31 am »

...I can shoot nonagressive animals with crossbows now.   It is incredible how this simple change has forever changed adventure mode for me.

I can properly hunt.   For food.  Without having to stab the animal with a knife first.  I could mod in adventurer crafting too and sell figurines and crap made of bone and leather armor too if I could only figure out why my custom race's currency isn't actually working as currency.
How exactly would you mod in adventurer crafting?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 11, 2014, 11:46:32 am »

...I can shoot nonagressive animals with crossbows now.   It is incredible how this simple change has forever changed adventure mode for me.

I can properly hunt.   For food.  Without having to stab the animal with a knife first.  I could mod in adventurer crafting too and sell figurines and crap made of bone and leather armor too if I could only figure out why my custom race's currency isn't actually working as currency.
How exactly would you mod in adventurer crafting?
Some interactions or reactions or whatever they are that can be used from the 'x' menu, and take up reagents to make an item.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52