Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 107498 times)

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2014, 01:34:40 pm »

How do you multi-attack?

oh_no

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2014, 01:36:40 pm »

I punched a guy in the face and his head exploded 10/10

That sounds like something Gregor Clegane/The Mountain would do~
A powerhouse he is.
My post ends here.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2014, 01:37:51 pm »

How do you multi-attack?
[A]ttack, select a body part, and then in the next menu you have options to modify your attack.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2014, 01:39:23 pm »

I found those with the Drunk profession.
Ironically, all of them are outside a royal-free Castle Mound.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2014, 01:44:00 pm »

The new sneak system and the ability to knock people unconscious are pretty awesome. So is climbing and jumping.
Is there some new way to knock people unconscious?
If there's a new way to knock people out, i'd very much like to know too.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2014, 01:45:15 pm »

It seems that people faint from pain more easily, and anything more than a light knock to the head has a good chance of knocking them unconscious.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2014, 02:09:57 pm »

Finally reached Thunderbreaked, and I must have misunderstood the rumors. Thunderbreaked was an elven retreat, being besieged by humans. My arrival is greeted by a single elf corpse at the bottom of a tree, and it's relatively fresh. I climb the tree, hoping to find someone alive who can tell me what happened here. I reach the top, take a deep breath, and call out for someone.

Crash to desktop.

10/10

Unfortunately, loading my character puts me at where I started this morning, on the other side of the continent. I'll just try fortress mode for now.

There are two big crashes in adventure mode, the first is from trying to talk to your deity and the second is from trying to block. If you play as an outsider you don't have a god to worry about.
But I've used the shoutout before, trying to wake a bunch of elves during a bogeyman attack. It only crashes when there is nobody around to hear it.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2014, 02:13:59 pm »

Are you guys reporting these bugs to mantis? You guys should report bugs to mantis.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2014, 02:18:32 pm »

Got lost in a dwarven fortress, running around unable to find the exit. Took out my frustration on a random human spearman by beating him to death with his own hood. I love being able to get away with senseless murder now. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:35:18 pm by ClorrProdigal »

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2014, 02:19:29 pm »

I don't need Rust, DayZ, The Forest or whatever survival game is out there. DF Adventurer mode is much more than these games could achieve.
I got a reptile lady companion and we started traveling along a river until we found a lone dwarf. I tackled him to the ground, and was choking him until he passed out. Then I cut open his throat and took his nose as a trophy. He bled to death and because all of this glory I licked his blood off of my dagger. We continued traveling the game crashed soon after.

Oh by the way, I tried to cut out his tongue but my dagger was stuck in his mouth somehow. Got it back, tho.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:21:03 pm by rumpel »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2014, 02:23:04 pm »

Jumping at an unconscious(or blinded, or wrestled by someone else) enemy of comparable size makes them fly, like, four or five tiles away. This! Is! SPARTA!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2014, 02:27:33 pm »

But I've used the shoutout before, trying to wake a bunch of elves during a bogeyman attack. It only crashes when there is nobody around to hear it.
When you shout it's directed at a nearby character when there's nobody around it goes to your god who doesn't exist so the game crashes. A quick fix is to have no god (outsider) or to avoid undirected shouting.

Wumpi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2014, 02:31:58 pm »

While travelling to a Dark Fortress to slay the leader, I mindlessly sprint jumped over a narrow river, only to be bitten by an alligator in the river below. Later I realized that dark fortresses lag unbelievably, and you can't actually move. Shortly after that, my adventurer became self aware and started moving on her own, and commenting on the horrors of death.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2014, 02:38:56 pm »

I died of thirst.

Come to the cave, hold onto mushroom and dive into water. Enjoy trying to save yourself - game just ignores all commands while skipping time.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2014, 02:40:29 pm »

don't get necromancy it's hella bugged as a outcast some how world gen won't update and softlocks the entire game.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52