Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 107479 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #405 on: July 09, 2014, 09:43:02 am »

I think drinking [Water covering] has been nerfed. That, or I caved and drank from my waterskin just a moment too early.

In case you need it, you can put snow inside your backpack, then heat it at the campfire and when drinking it satisfies you thirst.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 09, 2014, 09:48:12 am »

Quivers are still useful for water storage, they can hold 20 water as opposed to a waterskin's 3 water. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 09, 2014, 09:51:50 am »

My impressions:

Combat is super fun and much deeper - also slower, since there is more things to consider and more options.

Quick strikes are great against un-armored opponents, precision strikes dramatically increase chance to hit which makes tricky and even difficult strikes worth wile. Wild attacks are great if there is a high chance to hit or if you are desperate, heavy attack are good finishers and good when the enemy is recovering balance.

Creatures seem harder to kill, even heads can take several hits with a warhammer.

Chipping a finger bone will still make you pass out from pain.

Armor seems much much more important than in previous versions.  Actually, I couldn't hurt fully armored enemy with any melee weapon (blunt or edged) which was of the same material as his armor.
...however, ranged is still op, copper arrows will still pierce through adamantium breastplate like through butter.  :(

Throat seems like a quite vulnerable area which is easy to hit - easier to hit than upper body and usually will leave your opponent paralyzed.

I can't find a way how to twist weapon stuck in a wound, only way to get it back is through "I"and gain possession or walking away.

Stealth, and climbing are mega fun.  :D Jump will bring you to a halt and you can't jump up.

If you run into an enemy you'll get knocked down (even if you are an ogre colliding with an elf).

Charging an equally big opponent is still an "I WIN" button. Speed does not play a role in charging attacks. ...wish it would.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:54:02 am by kulik »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 09, 2014, 10:05:54 am »

you know how folks complain about how easy bandits are... well look at this.
Undead Bandits the undead gotten so smart they resorted to thuggery.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Infyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 09, 2014, 10:10:40 am »

I managed to destroy a civilization as a playable option by killing the Law-giver, even though her daughter took over if I visit the capital with a character from another place.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 09, 2014, 10:15:48 am »

I found the secret to combat in this new version: necks.
There's a to-hit malus for heads, but not for necks, so if you have a slashing weapon you can lop off necks much easier than you can heads.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 09, 2014, 10:29:44 am »

I found the secret to combat in this new version: necks.
There's a to-hit malus for heads, but not for necks, so if you have a slashing weapon you can lop off necks much easier than you can heads.
You lop it off twice, then the head reattaches to the body, leaving a severed neck.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 09, 2014, 10:32:47 am »

So we have friendly necromancers who sit in towers all day and then we have necromancers who decide screw that I'm going out to raid the land form undead bandit camps and grow in unholy power.
"body swapping and YOU!"

BillyTheKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 09, 2014, 10:45:52 am »

My character had for some reason his speed permanently reduced to sneaking speed, but I wasn't going to give up on him just yet. I was on the way to another city that is under siege, and took rest at some elfes on the route. I was awakened at night and bogeymen started to show up and murder all the elves, while they just kept on sleeping on the treetops. I was wondering when they would reach me and if I'm going to survive this, but then my game crashed. Atleast I have normal speed now.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 09, 2014, 10:53:10 am »

So uhh yeah looks like once you hit a high enough lordship you can start issuing orders and demands to ladies.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 09, 2014, 10:56:47 am »

So uhh yeah looks like once you hit a high enough lordship you can start issuing orders and demands to ladies.

As soon as you're lord of your own group you can try to demand tribute from another group. I've never seen it work. I tortured a lord for a legitimately frightening amount of time and even as he died in agony he refused.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 09, 2014, 12:25:01 pm »

Oh the glitches
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #417 on: July 09, 2014, 12:26:18 pm »

Second try, after being gibbed in a vault: I'm lost in the dwarf fort I spawned in, and they're fighting with someone. I just took down a hammerdwarf who attacked me, and the halls are full of friendly goblin civilians.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 09, 2014, 12:27:06 pm »

I forgot the screenshot, but I had the strangest experience so far.
I met a group of raven-men; one of them started telling his friends about a story:

"Just now I attacked <my adventurer's name>".

He was repeating that story over and over at every raven-man around him.
I tried to talk with him, and since hewas hostile, I asked to stop fighting, or to yeld.
His answer was something like: "no, never!"; then he went on talking about his "battle" with me.
I walked right next to him, but still he didn't do anything hostile, except telling the same story again.
So, I gave up and walked away, leaving him talking and his friends answering how "terryfing" that was.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 09, 2014, 12:29:51 pm »

I forgot the screenshot, but I had the strangest experience so far.
I met a group of raven-men; one of them started telling his friends about a story:

"Just now I attacked <my adventurer's name>".

He was repeating that story over and over at every raven-man around him.
I tried to talk with him, and since hewas hostile, I asked to stop fighting, or to yeld.
His answer was something like: "no, never!"; then he went on talking about his "battle" with me.
I walked right next to him, but still he didn't do anything hostile, except telling the same story again.
So, I gave up and walked away, leaving him talking and his friends answering how "terryfing" that was.
Yeah, there seems to be a problem when animal people attack you where they start telling their friends about attacking you without actually being violent.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52