Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 106671 times)

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.02 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #510 on: July 10, 2014, 09:19:14 pm »

I found a pile of dozens of cats all licking each other. I have no idea what's going on here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was inevitable.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 10, 2014, 09:27:55 pm »

GUISE PIKES ARE DISTANCE WEAPONS

YOU CAN KILL PEOPLE FROM MULTIPLE TILES AWAY NOW LIKE THIS PIKEMAN JUST DID TO ME

WHEN THE ENEMY USES THEM

RUN AWAY
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:40:40 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 10, 2014, 09:28:41 pm »

Ran into a goblin site on my very first adventure, (after probably a year on hiatus from this game) where I found a huddled mass of goblins on top of a tower. I was immediately shot at by some random bowman, who I think must have misfired and hit another one of his goblin buddies. Before I knew it, a goblin craftsman was trying to kill the bowman, and everyone else was panicking. I sat down, rolled down the staircase, and wandered up another tower. There was a goblin bowman up here too, but he was practically alone. Against my better judgement, I greeted him. He shot me at least 5 times before I could even do anything. It was pretty great.
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 10, 2014, 09:55:54 pm »

I created a dwarven adventurer, explored a bit. The dwarves in my starting location said there had been abductions and bone-chilling horror from some necromancer’s tower. I managed to find my way through the tunnels thanks to fast travel (which I used to escape the fortress I started in). Now the tunnel was slightly open to the caverns, but for some reason they were covered in a layer of mud, rather than soil. Eventually I got to an exit to the surface. There were a bunch of dwarves in a trade depot in an extremely large fortification, and I left into the snow.

I found some dwarven hillocks with a civic mound, where I found the mayor. The mayor said there had been an abduction a few years ago, but there were beasts attacking, and there was also bone-chilling horror. He said the necromancer’s tower was to the North-west, so I headed off in that direction. I meet a goblin thief on the way, who said he was travelling to a dwarven fortress where he had an employment opportunity. I took the chance spread a few rumours about abductions. He said it was terrifying.

Night falls. I try sleeping in the trees, but keep waking up on the ground. Eventually I try sleeping on the ground, but I wake up to find a wrestling troll beating up dingos. The troll said he hates me. He was also terrified by the number of abductions though.

I leave the area and manage to sleep until dawn. While attempting to obtain food from a shrub though (I heard this is possible?) the game crashed, without any saves. Well ****, at least I can start over.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 10, 2014, 10:09:18 pm »

YOU CAN KILL PEOPLE FROM MULTIPLE TILES AWAY NOW LIKE THIS PIKEMAN JUST DID TO ME

WHEN THE ENEMY USES THEM

RUN AWAY

The more likely cause is that the pikeman was sprinting and you weren't.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 10, 2014, 10:16:52 pm »

I greatly enjoy that drunks are so reliable.
They are the only civilians I have met that though adventuring was an excellent and intelligent idea.  :P
I have two in my party right now.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 10, 2014, 10:21:32 pm »

WHEN THE ENEMY USES THEM

RUN AWAY

The more likely cause is that the pikeman was sprinting and you weren't.
I shall test this for !!science!!
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 10, 2014, 10:39:29 pm »

Just impersonated myself as a god f***ing awesome!

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 10, 2014, 11:39:48 pm »

I just murdered a dude lying alone in a house with stealth, and then calmly walked into another one and had a conversation with farmer before throwing the first dude's mutilated meat at him. Now the farmer is chasing me.

Holy fuck this is the best update ever

EDIT:

Toady I want to donate my first born to you
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:47:07 pm by Chagen46 »
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 11, 2014, 12:15:31 am »

I just murdered a dude lying alone in a house with stealth, and then calmly walked into another one and had a conversation with farmer before throwing the first dude's mutilated meat at him. Now the farmer is chasing me.

Holy fuck this is the best update ever

EDIT:

Toady I want to donate my first born to you
Can you send people through PayPal or whatever he uses?

Waitwaitwait upper right of that house in the ^1 z-level screen. Someone is standing on someone else. Wat.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:17:29 am by Alev »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #520 on: July 11, 2014, 12:21:12 am »

you know how folks complain about how easy bandits are... well look at this.
Undead Bandits the undead gotten so smart they resorted to thuggery.
How do you make those videos?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 11, 2014, 12:22:19 am »

We have climbing now remember?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #522 on: July 11, 2014, 12:24:58 am »

you know how folks complain about how easy bandits are... well look at this.
Undead Bandits the undead gotten so smart they resorted to thuggery.
How do you make those videos?
It's a .gif, but I'm not sure how.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 11, 2014, 12:25:27 am »

I went in a house that had three rooms with only two people in the farthest room from the front. I went to one and kicked him in the neck so hard it fucking exploded though he oddly enough had the ability to bemoan the upcoming fight with me and the other person (a bowyer). I killed the bowyer and then left...only to see another person in the second room.

They acted oblivious but I knew they were gonna rat me out so I beat them to death and then left. And got away with it. I love this new update.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 11, 2014, 12:29:03 am »

I went in a house that had three rooms with only two people in the farthest room from the front. I went to one and kicked him in the neck so hard it fucking exploded though he oddly enough had the ability to bemoan the upcoming fight with me and the other person (a bowyer). I killed the bowyer and then left...only to see another person in the second room.

They acted oblivious but I knew they were gonna rat me out so I beat them to death and then left. And got away with it. I love this new update.
You're lucky. On one of my adventurers, I was leterally stabbing a gobbo civvie in the head more than 30 times, each time fracturing his skull--this was all while he was unconcious--before he died.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52